• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Originally on Mir3 there is no penalty for a death, drop or exp. As far as i was aware, it was just a dura penalty (But again, this could have been specific to Zircon as i haven't played Mir3 recently). This was a 20% dura fk on death across all items.

Special repair, then being every 12 hours or something, and costed an extortion amount of gold, which would make dying a problem when you had nice equipment.

This then changed to be less gold, and only for most items except for the Weapon that you could S.Repair at any time I believe this is now still the case).

The death penalty was then changed again to be only 10% instead of 20%, with an exp death penalty as well (This is the current -15% exp rate debuff). The 12 hours was also now given to items individually as oppose to a 20-30 minute 'window' that traditional Mir3 offered (For example, repair available every day at 12PM). Now upon repairing, it will be given a 12 hour timer.

Now...all together it's basically:
- 10% dura loss on death
- Unprotected Exp (To lose on death) - This is scrapping the -15% exp debuff rate
- Unprotected Items (To drop on death)
- Special repair once every 12 hours per item (Timer added to the items) - Weapons exempt and Special repair always available at boosted price as usual (I think, trying to check :P)

So a lot is being done to compensate for everyone lol. But ultimately none of this truly exists in Mir3 as we know it, except for Special repair for items, but even that was a specified window of time.

I prefer the latest changes over simply having death drops as a thing, because with a Sin capable of 1 hitting you out of stealth, it would become very stale, very quickly being unable to defend yourself lol.

Dura loss is only on PvE death if red.

Special repair on here is 8 hour cooldown, normally 12 hours.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Dura loss is only on PvE death if red.

Special repair on here is 8 hour cooldown, normally 12 hours.

Have the changes been implemented yet? Not had time to play over the weekend but the system sounds good. Will quality/rare items have a lower chance of body drops as per euro?

Would be good if the cash shop boosts, give a mixture of protected/unprotected rate increases.

Wondering how many of the players wanting body drops will be kitting up with mainly unprotected items to encourage people to pvp them for the thrill of not dying and losing their gear.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Have the changes been implemented yet? Not had time to play over the weekend but the system sounds good. Will quality/rare items have a lower chance of body drops as per euro?

Would be good if the cash shop boosts, give a mixture of protected/unprotected rate increases.

Wondering how many of the players wanting body drops will be kitting up with mainly unprotected items to encourage people to pvp them for the thrill of not dying and losing their gear.

Nope, still deciding if its worth adding or not.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

people will using the better items they get drop unprotected or protected if its better than what they have...

doesn't matter if your a pker or aren't if its better you're gonna use it regardless.

i'm not gonna use 0-3 mc ring unprotected if i find a 0-3 +2 mc ring protected am i? or the other way round same rule apply's

from what i gather im guessing the chance of unprotected/protected is RNG on drop

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
how will unprotected / protected items come into game other than RNG on item drop?

Correct me if I'm wrong but presuming you meant how else other than dropping? In which I think Jamie just misunderstood a bit. As far as I know Jamie hasn't said they'd be available via any other means than dropping, which is RNG.

They may always drop when that roll occurs, but that roll occurring is still RNG I'd imagine.

Although for more detail, he explained all of it in great depth two pages ago.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Correct me if I'm wrong but presuming you meant how else other than dropping? In which I think Jamie just misunderstood a bit. As far as I know Jamie hasn't said they'd be available via any other means than dropping, which is RNG.

They may always drop when that roll occurs, but that roll occurring is still RNG I'd imagine.

Although for more detail, he explained all of it in great depth two pages ago.

yeah i meant the chances of the item being protected/unprotected on mob/boss drop would completely be RNG, but iv just had a look at jamies post about the 2 roll system, but still seems like it would be RNG, unless i'm not understanding it correctly?

unless the %age of getting protected items are greater or less than unprotected items, but RNG would still play a part surly?

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
yeah i meant the chances of the item being protected/unprotected on mob/boss drop would completely be RNG, but iv just had a look at jamies post about the 2 roll system, but still seems like it would be RNG, unless i'm not understanding it correctly?

Yeah it's definitely still RNG, I think Jamie is just saying 'if the roll occurs, which is RNG then the item will be guaranteed (which he states isn't RNG)' The whole process is still RNG however, as it's inherently tied to a roll chance.

Real world though, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is still "you'll get items drop occasionally, most will be protected, some will not be".

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Yeah it's definitely still RNG, I think Jamie is just saying 'if the roll occurs, which is RNG then the item will be guaranteed (which he states isn't RNG)' The whole process is still RNG however, as it's inherently tied to a roll chance.

Real world though, it doesn't matter. The bottom line is still "you'll get items drop occasionally, most will be protected, some will not be".

yeah i don't mind really as long as there is something for everyone pkers and non pkers and think this suits everyone as best as it could, other than if the rates aren't 50/50 on unprotected/protected

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
yeah i don't mind really as long as there is something for everyone pkers and non pkers and think this suits everyone as best as it could, other than if the rates aren't 50/50 on unprotected/protected

I suspect that it wouldn't be 50/50 lol.

He was hinting at 5% for the Unprotected and mentioned a possible 10% from the passive observer.

Regardless of if/how he's going to put it in, it doesn't look to be 50/50. Until he confirms and actually states, we'll of course never know :D But I believe the way he's intending to make it work, we could well end up with more Unprotected items in the game than Protected...all down to luck.

KingHades

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2005
on korean official you could buy a item from general store that would protect players from item drop. it could be applied to any equipt item and bag items including stacked items. cost was 100k per item. just a thought, dunno if this post was closed or discussion was over.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
hopefully jamie goes with his branding items so people can have PK drops and non PK drops win win for everyone.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I suspect that it wouldn't be 50/50 lol.

He was hinting at 5% for the Unprotected and mentioned a possible 10% from the passive observer.

Regardless of if/how he's going to put it in, it doesn't look to be 50/50. Until he confirms and actually states, we'll of course never know :D But I believe the way he's intending to make it work, we could well end up with more Unprotected items in the game than Protected...all down to luck.

It either drops protected, or it doesn't. Therefor it's 50/50 :lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
hopefully jamie goes with his branding items so people can have PK drops and non PK drops win win for everyone.

Lol 2 month old thread.

It was already decided no drops, and thats how it is as far as i know...not even branding or anything. Simply no drops.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Lol 2 month old thread.

It was already decided no drops, and thats how it is as far as i know...not even branding or anything. Simply no drops.

there has been no announcement by jamie so how can you say that?

2month old thread or not GM needs to cater for everyone.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
there has been no announcement by jamie so how can you say that?

2month old thread or not GM needs to cater for everyone.

No he needs to make the game how he wants. People can play if they want to or not he shouldn't be bending his vision to people's ideas.

He has mentioned in-game and on discord it will be as it is currently and without branding. In my opinion the proposed branding will be a waste and result in no pk drops as everyone would brand good kit. It would only result in poorer players being targeted for their item until they drop it or sell/brand it. Eventually making them quit.

There will be loads of fights to be had. Given bosses at fixed respawn times, kr opening mechanics and the best luring spots to fight over. Never had any problem on official servers all which had no body drops and always finding people up for a fight and don't expect it to be different here.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
To be honest I'm now more concerned about the class skill mechanics; Warrior skill timers suck, no more timed skills or double Bladestorm. Also the current Cashshop looks very P2W. Frustrating as the server will be very good, but it could be so much better in areas.

Rather a £50 one off payment (even for an outdated game) than Cashshop but that's bad business.....

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
things are changing a lot randomly, from having something then not having something, then saying its not gonna be added without notice.

seems like there are people pulling strings.

regardless drops or not server will be fun at the start, but will die out very fast without drops, people have been playing Mir 2/3 for 10 years + with drops the games changed since Wemade, but the people who haven't played in god knows how long come along and things are getting changed in there favour.

people seem to think observer doesn't show chat, a lot of manipulative people currently testing 2nd time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.