Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

Bitter Berry
Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2007
Depends if you want server to last or not.
Those servers that lasted ages USA and Forever had no body drops and luck potions and get rich afk fishing.
If you want to prove yr good fighting then ask for regular monthly competitions. 1v1 by class and 1v1 freestyle. The top 5 get a temp medal for a week. There should be some serious downside to being red and PKing if yr going to have body drops.

IF 80% player aren't good at fighting then that's 80% of possible user count gone.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Depends if you want server to last or not.
Those servers that lasted ages USA and Forever had no body drops and luck potions and get rich afk fishing.
If you want to prove yr good fighting then ask for regular monthly competitions. 1v1 by class and 1v1 freestyle. The top 5 get a temp medal for a week. There should be some serious downside to being red and PKing if yr going to have body drops.

IF 80% player aren't good at fighting then that's 80% of possible user count gone.

Nice maths you read the poll by any chance?

stop pulling random numbers out you're arse.

Body drops aren't in game thanks too your kind sadly but bag drops are and you're required to carry more than one kit so both party's win at the end if the day.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Tbh it's all good like Exwizz said earlier in the thread you need to carry 2 kit's on here ideally, Observing people ive seen most of the top people are already doing this so there will be drops. Still killed a bit of my buzz for this server knowing it's most likely not going to have Pk drops but still going to be amazing, also people need to stop comparing this to USA mir 3 etc, this server will have more Mir2 players than it will Mir3 players i know i keep saying it but **** stop trying to compare this is like no other Mir3 server.

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
People wont be carrying a spare set of gear in their bags if there's a risk of them dying :p At best you might be able to observe someone tired/stupid enough to put their weapon in their bag while they mine.

Edit: Not trying to discourage you from playing but you need to be realistic.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
People wont be carrying a spare set of gear in their bags if there's a risk of them dying :p At best you might be able to observe someone tired/stupid enough to put their weapon in their bag while they mine.

Edit: Not trying to discourage you from playing but you need to be realistic.

Why would they not? I always carried around 2 kits on Marble like most people did. Agility kit / Pk kit, expect no different here but to see it even earlier on in Mir3 from what i've hurd / been observing.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
alot of people actually still play mir due to it being one of the "only" games out there that you can drop items from fighting of body, no it wasnt like this on euro etc etc, but im not being an arse here but if you still play this gameboy graphic game for PVE only then you really do need to get an life.

People crying "oh i want it non drop" why the hell would you play an game this old/which is really slow/grindy just to gain items for the server to close down the line? its private servers, understand more if it was an official game. It is absolutely pointless even fighting with no drops on, the whole point is to fight for bosses, people want to make uber kit to hit harder in pk... they should have the chance of dropping that item or dont wear it to PK its that simple really, Get an pk kit if you dont want to lose your main.

Ramboonie.

This...

Last edited:

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
I dont just mean PK'ing as in going and killing anybody in sight (thats how some people play and fair to them), Yes i agree completely and pker's already get punished, being red after 2/3kills and waiting to go yellow again, cant go into towns, cant buy pots, drop your whole bag.

I'm not saying i want body drops in so i can go out my way to try pk people for kits, its more of an... Lets make an big guild. lets go to bosses 30 vs 5 (with our better kits usually as we dominate most kr's) and kick them out of the KR to take the boss with no risk of losing kit fighting them, if that doesnt work lets mass recruit as you cant drop and just bring numbers.

Body drops work both ways, make these ebuyers/really good kitted people think twice about coming to an KR and dominating the KR to take the boss for guild due to risk, so can either... Option 1: Change into worse kit or Option 2: Bring that kit and risk losing it, also gives the smaller guilds benefits of getting an item from the fight even if they lost the boss.

Thing is, everybody knows i am right. You can get the top 5 pker's on mir and throw them against 20 terrible pkers but have an mixture of wizzies/taos on the side of 20 people spam hitting the 5 pker's and 99% of the time come out on top. Most carebears play in big guilds anyway, so why the massive cry from half the community for no drops upsets little Ramboonie. They want to dominate KR's and come in numbers to take an boss on "2 hour RS's" which isnt hard to get the timers, but not risk losing kit pushing the smaller guilds out of the KR, come on now Jamie son.

No body drops on mir is honestly just really pointless nowadays. It will make mass recruiting guild's dominate KR's constantly and push people who dont enjoy the 50% of server count guilds etc away from server. Big guilds have killed many mir servers even with body drops on, take body drops away and shazzam.

Really dont understand how Jamie thought it seems an good idea, Musta been getting some of the hard marijuana shizzle recently.

As for the tard's saying EURO didnt have pk drops etc etc, No your right Euro didn't but private mir servers hit an average of 50-100 user's, anything over is amazing. Euro had i'd assume into the 1000 mark at least, especially at it's peak so you could make many big strong guilds and many small, but on private you cant do that. Logic 101.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Really dont understand how Jamie thought it seems an good idea, Musta been getting some of the hard marijuana shizzle recently.

The idea isn't Jamies.

Korean version that all of this data is ripped from doesn't have death drops...that's why it's in here lol.

He hasn't decided to suddenly take out a mechanic at random and thought "Deal with it", it's literally Korean client...lack of drops included. If you bothered to look into it instead of taking from these random peoples posts, the feedback would be much better off lol.

To get it straight...he hasn't removed anything of the Korean Mir3 that he is building.

JustAUser

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2017
Pottsy is like rev killjoy from Family Guy.

The most dried out bagel this world has ever seen.

No pk drops and it will crumble like marble, regardless of the starting UC. It will drop.

Reactions: zedina

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Oh dont i just know JustAUser, i got kicked off Jamies Zircon discord because that guy is so annoying and i was laughing at his picture on it... Yes Pottsy well done +1 for observation, Jamies taken it from "korean mir" which doesnt have pk drops, Korean mir also still have an following of over 10'000 people and is still one of the biggest games in that country that competes with WoW in their country still.

Whole different ball game when you have that many people playing mir/no drops vs what? 100-200 people? Like stated earlier if your still playing mir for the pure PVE nostalgia then you really need to address your life. lol

Reactions: zedina

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Pottsy is like rev killjoy from Family Guy.

The most dried out bagel this world has ever seen.

No pk drops and it will crumble like marble, regardless of the starting UC. It will drop.

It's ok....no one will miss you lol, stop acting like people will.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm seeing a lot of "will die like marble, will die like USA, will die like... yadda yadda" posts.

When the reality is, most of those and tbh any server dies due to primarily 3 reasons:

1) Content was ****ed beyond repair or not thought through enough (marble, Paragon, any recent C# server)
2) Cheats plagued the server (USA, literally any server files prior to C#)
3) The server is a blatant pay 2 win cash cow (Forever, USA, lapta's servers)

Absolutely nothing to do with PK and deathdrops. We've had several completely PK only servers, where literally all you did was fight, the PvE content was just to level you to a level cap so you could begin fighting. That died too.

Stop saying the server will die due to a change you dislike when the reality is, you don't know at all. End of the day people get bored of a server, for many, many different reasons.

I'm all for stating why you should and shouldn't want a feature in - just... make sense with your rationalisations and comparisons.

For example: "I think people will get bored quicker if there's no death drops, because the Mir2 community is very much used to deathdrops being a core part of the game, and I suspect the majority of your userbase will infact be Mir2 players"

To which Jamie would then come up with an argument against that. As it is, it's just incessent crying and whinging that things aren't how you want it to be.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
no good justifying anything to white knights best off waiting for jamie to reply, these are the same guys who encourage the non drop system.

no doubt you already know that by reading this thread thou,

You do realize population has nothing to do with this body drop mechanic we are talking about right? You can have 50 or 1000 people on your server and the only thing this body drop mechanic will do is dwindle your user count. People playing a game do not like to lose their "property". Do I have to give a reason for this?

The fact that you are even using the term White Knight here shows you have no idea what you are talking about and just wanted to get some emotion talk off your chest as soon as someone agreed with your side lol.

---------- Post Merged at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I understand the point's but why not change them ? It's a bit silly really isn't a tao pet explode ( guessing on death ) damage dealing that and just tweak how crit works? How long do you think people will enjoy a 1 hit fest over and over again with 0 body drops mental ****.

So you are saying 1 or 2 hit fest with body drops off will make people go mental? That is a pretty ignorant statement and a garbage idea.. now tell me other modern popular games doing this please. If I misunderstood what you said please tell me. If not I await this awesome game mechanic that is sooo good it must be all around us in modern MMOs to the point where it shoudn't take me longer than 15 minutes to find a handful games like that.

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:24 PM ----------

the crit/classes have are alot weaker than the old mir3 classes 100% well put into place atleast.

regardless the game will not get as many people playing without drops.

once end content is reached or completed people will stop playing in the masses the drops add the extra risk factor iv even seen guilds such as BlackWidows fight and there a non pk guild, there is always a stage in any game when you get to x point you end up fighting or doing something new.

just a shame if jamie decides to cater for a few people over the many.

What an ignorant statement. You honestly think you can say factual statements (Once end content is reached or completed people will stop playing in the masses, the drops add the extra risk factor) and then go and talk about something irrelevant to then go back as that backed your statement up? What?! You are pretty much saying bc a non pk guild is pking that we should just have body drops on? Well all the PvE servers in WoW need to remove battlegrounds then.

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:37 PM ----------

People who don't want pk drops in will still play if they are in, they will just rt. 100% UC kept.

Some people won't play if there's no pk drops. **% UC Lost

See the pattern? You'll lose numbers with no drops the people who don't want them on will still play and rt from pk or hunt sz caves

Rip

People who want pk drops will still play this server and suck it up. 100% UC kept. (I hope you get the meaning of this sentence. I even bolded some key words to make it easier for the point)

Some people wont play when there are body drops and people will start to quit when they lose a item. **UC lost at the start and **UC lost for a bad mechanic implementation.

See the pattern? See faulty logic?

Can someone say something so this doesn't become the longest god damn post in the history of LOMCN and I get my own page lol. Have not read this thread in weeks and starting from page 19 rofl. I must of hit the nail on the head with ExWizz bc rather than having a discussion he just wants to throw around rep lol. Pssst ExWizz I really don't care what some arbitrary useless set of labels/text means for my "reputation" when ignorant people such as yourself have the power of dishing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koriban and Pottsy

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Give yourself a shake you're just another ebuyer who's worried about Losing something he bought I'm not surprised you want no drops did you see how awful you were on chronicles.

I really don't need to defend myself or the drop situation with you, someone who can't even hunt his own items. Trollipops you've been seen on you're back more times that you've had hot dinners.

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
"Gank" this aint Wow mate, do you even know what ganking means? Ganking is where a group of players jump 1 player, mostly happened to Wow streamers back in the day, stop cahtting out your arse, Drops on pk just make's it rewarding and also a risk, no fun running about with 0 chance of anything ever going wrong but losing a boss.

The hell is wrong with you. The fact you think WoW created this word or empowered it is very ignorant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gank - Educate yourself. Batting average of 0.000 on this one.

"Drops on pk just make's it rewarding and also a risk"

Alright i'll bite on this one even though there are handful of ways of handling the common mechanic of character deaths without taking away from your player making it have no effect, slow their roll on playing or just stop all together. 2 out of 3 options here that are the worse outcomes for your players.. and you still want body drops.

Let's have a thought experiment,

Do you think that players should also drop/lose gold and lose exp when they die? I don't care about doing X, Y and Z with your gold to prevent it from dropping... Just the question from a mechanical standpoint. Whatever your reason is.. please tell me why. These are the only 2 things left for you to take away from the player too btw... Almost there for the whole grand slam of making users quit but I am curious with people that are for body drops and what they expect from exp and gold lost in the mix as well. I expect a lot of hypocrisy for answers but lets hear it.

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Give yourself a shake you're just another ebuyer who's worried about Losing something he bought I'm not surprised you want no drops did you see how awful you were on chronicles.

I really don't need to defend myself or the drop situation with you, someone who can't even hunt his own items. Trollipops you've been seen on you're back more times that you've had hot dinners.

ebuyer? Wow what a claim.. and I am the one getting bad rep from you lol 100% comical. No I am not in CareBears so your dishonest and lying claim well... falls flat on its face with a hint of integrity lost.

Trollipops? Sorry to burst your ego bubble but I am not that person.

---------- Post Merged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:42 PM ----------

One of two possible answers? Elaborate please.

How you came about the terms is absolutely irrelevant, just another example of your inability to understand the difference between a factual and non-factual statement. 'I don't know any better so it must be a fact' is not a fact, no matter how many elaborate stories you use to justify it.

I commend you for putting up with such stupidity. If I had to guess Piff1 must be a hardcore drug users with what is coming out of his mouth. You nailed his context on trying to make it seem like "Gank" only refers to WoW with this comment and then he says the most retarded **** so he doesn't look completely dumb.

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Popping in just to say, that if you want to know ExWizz's source, it's a literal rip from urban dictionary. However he has omitted the second part of the same definition:

"It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high levelplayer does the same action to a player way below his or her own level"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ganking

EDIT: Also however, you ask almost anyone in the gaming community, and commonly LoL or WoW as they are probably the most common examples, that Oxford definition (if it is, i dunno but I trust ya) is kinda...off. It's common use is to mean literally 'killing me without chance of reprisal, whatever form that takes). I played WoW for ages and it was mostly when groups roamed around smacking low levels down for fun. The level of pedantic banter between both of you is kinda crazy though. Fun however :D

Weird how he only linked the one that he thought would back up his agenda.

---------- Post Merged on 26-11-2017 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 25-11-2017 at 11:54 PM ----------

No item/body drops encourages lazy/afk play and negates any kind of 'skill' gap between players.

- Huh? That makes 0 sense and I doubt you will ever be able to back a statement like that up.

Page 27 is mine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Reverance

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Right.. Where to even start here. I'll start with Koriban. You rim Jamie constantly Kori, You claim your some good pvper/pker but dont want body drops on? I'll educate the rest of the forum as to why you dont, Because you always join servers with an big group who try exploit what they can, if that doesnt work, you just mass recruit an good id say at least 50% of usercount, which makes more people want to join the guild due to numbers/bosses your killing. Makes it an one if lucky two guild game. thats why you dont want drops on, so you can mass recruit smash bosses then bully other guilds/small groups out of KR's without the risk. Pretty damn pathetic and sad really coming from an "self proclaimed pker".

Trolli, Lets start on you, i keep seeing this "name another server that has body drops". Lineage 2 did, but if we take that aside yes your right 99% of games dont but your comparing an 2d game to WoW? an game that had 11 million players at its peak, probably still has an good 5 million playing it, Lets drop that down to per server, id assume theres maybe an good 10'000 people per server at least. You can make MANY big guilds with that usercount, Mir has 100-200 people if lucky. Completely different mate did have to face palm myself at you trying to be smart. comparing mir to big games... haha.

Ramb

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
DRAMAAA DRAMMAAAzzzzzz z zzzzz like ****ing gossip girls. and on that note pk should be on 24/7! if you want some caves sz then understandable the pk always brought the best out of people in mir mentality wise. if i got pked or didnt hurt some one made me hunt and level more. / players dont know about you lot but i could not play a server with no pk drops. that being said (jamie) it is your server but i would take the poll / peoples opinions into consideration apart from 1 server like i said before this looks like will be one of the best. on another note. not exactly hard to have best server with whats out atm all of them shambles ill wait till this comes out before i play any mir server

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Right.. Where to even start here. I'll start with Koriban. You rim Jamie constantly Kori, You claim your some good pvper/pker but dont want body drops on? I'll educate the rest of the forum as to why you dont, Because you always join servers with an big group who try exploit what they can, if that doesnt work, you just mass recruit an good id say at least 50% of usercount, which makes more people want to join the guild due to numbers/bosses your killing. Makes it an one if lucky two guild game. thats why you dont want drops on, so you can mass recruit smash bosses then bully other guilds/small groups out of KR's without the risk. Pretty damn pathetic and sad really coming from an "self proclaimed pker".

Oh dear.

Clearly I've had an impact on you in many a past server. See, you remember me, but I haven't a clue as to who you are. I guess if you shout loud enough and chat enough ****, people will listen to you, keep slinging that mud, bud!

Even more ironically; I'm not even planning on playing this server. I'm far too busy making my own, but thanks for the boost to my ego :biggrin-new:

Reactions: Reverance
Status
Not open for further replies.