Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
One of my favourite episodes haha, where Blizzard give's them that super sword to defeat that geek lol. Good times

Sad as it may seem our patents can relate to that episode so much. Me ash(liquidnitrogen) and jamie used to be very 🤓 haha, jamie still is!
Its probably my favourite episode. You can't give a sword of a thousand truths to a noob!

back on topic

WOW and LOL don't have body drops. 😂 Discuss it works well there

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Sad as it may seem our patents can relate to that episode so much. Me ash(liquidnitrogen) and jamie used to be very 邏 haha, jamie still is!
Its probably my favourite episode. You can't give a sword of a thousand truths to a noob!

back on topic

WOW and LOL don't have body drops.  Discuss it works well there

on LoL you actually got something for killing someone...

you gain an advantage over killing someone,

also Exp for killing someone and gold to make you stronger.

but cool story.

seems like you haven't played LoL at a high enough level to understand the advantage you get for killing someone.

a lot more ahead than 1 item from a player that's for sure, its game changing a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
on LoL you actually got something for killing someone...

you gain an advantage over killing someone,

also Exp for killing someone and gold to make you stronger.

but cool story.

seems like you haven't played LoL at a high enough level to understand the advantage you get for killing someone.

a lot more ahead than 1 item from a player that's for sure, its game changing a lot of the time.

You ever wonder why your "feedback" is just now ignored when it's always accompanied by your cute sniping?

WOW and LOL don't have body drops. 😂 Discuss it works well there

It works on WoW because all kit acquirement is achieved purely through PvE lol.

All PvP is done in balanced/equalised arenas, not in Open world (Except for a few areas), but even in those certain areas you only visit for PvP quest dailies and such.

Doing the open world quests (Which often lead you into Open World PvP zones), gets you the "Chance" upon completion of a Legendary...thus making it the possible reward for the odd visit to PvP zones.

The trend that i'm seeing from the snipers is that simply winning a fight (Thus winning a boss in most cases), is not deemed enough of a "Reward"...Kit dropping apparently makes up for this (But as I said, for myself, i've never dropped anything of worth in my life lol).

Perhaps an alternative "Reward" for PvP? Honour points for example, that if accumulated give you a chance at that Legendary item such as what WoW has? Or even PK Daily Quests where you need to get x amount of players for a Random chance box that may include this special or rare item? This, coupled with a removal of Brown/Yellow/Red name, could give them that incentive to still enjoy PKing as they could get a nice item (But not as common as it would be from a boss drop), or perhaps the items could be specific PKing rewards and have special stats not otherwise achievable through normal means, such as Para resist buffed items.

But this would likely be abused without restrictions of sorts, so...meh lol, if you can think of decent restrictions, then maybe a good idea? haha.

You can't really compare to MOBAs though....because kills often result in extended leads in Gold/Level....obviously won't be the case here lol.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
World Quests don't award legendaries, just for info. There are a few world quests that require PVP though, so you're not wrong most of the PVP stuff is done via PVP areas with PVP specific gear. The two don;t really intermingle at all so you can't compare.

But I really don't think Shane wanted us to actually discuss it in reality...

EDIT: I forgot this one. Something something Jamie big boy...

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
World Quests don't award legendaries, just for info. There are a few world quests that require PVP though, so you're not wrong most of the PVP stuff is done via PVP areas with PVP specific gear. The two don;t really intermingle at all so you can't compare.

But I really don't think Shane wanted us to actually discuss it in reality...

Well I meant doing World Quests to complete the set of Quests for that reward that rarely awards a Legendary...haven't played for a while, can't quite remember all the details now lol.

Annddyy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2013
You ever wonder why your "feedback" is just now ignored when it's always accompanied by your cute sniping?

Perhaps an alternative "Reward" for PvP? Honour points for example, that if accumulated give you a chance at that Legendary item such as what WoW has? Or even PK Daily Quests where you need to get x amount of players for a Random chance box that may include this special or rare item? This, coupled with a removal of Brown/Yellow/Red name, could give them that incentive to still enjoy PKing as they could get a nice item (But not as common as it would be from a boss drop), or perhaps the items could be specific PKing rewards and have special stats not otherwise achievable through normal means, such as Para resist buffed items.

But this would likely be abused without restrictions of sorts, so...meh lol, if you can think of decent restrictions, then maybe a good idea? haha.

You can't really compare to MOBAs though....because kills often result in extended leads in Gold/Level....obviously won't be the case here lol.

Nice idea, but all i can see is win trading just killing each other the get honour,

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Couldn't you just add it so you can create a PvP character or a PvE character

PvE characters can still PvP but if they kill someone the person doesn't drop, but if they die to PvP they also don't drop.
--Alternatively they can only attack Brown/Red players and don't drop if they kill them.
PvP Characters can kill other PvP characters and if you die or kill you can body drop.

I am only brainstorming here while I wait for the go ahead so I can leave a client's site at work xD

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Nice idea, but all i can see is win trading just killing each other the get honour,

Yeh, that was the abuse part :P

I'm sure there could be a solution to it, but it would need a bit of thought which i can't do whilst i'm at work :D

PvE characters can still PvP but if they kill someone the person doesn't drop, but if they die to PvP they also don't drop.
--Alternatively they can only attack Brown/Red players and don't drop if they kill them.
PvP Characters can kill other PvP characters and if you die or kill you can body drop.

I am only brainstorming here while I wait for the go ahead so I can leave a client's site at work xD

Only slight difference to the toggle suggestion, but might be more effective given you cant backtrack your decision with the tick of a box.

But again...Why would anybody "Opt in" to the decision to drop if others won't? lol...I have a feeling that would just cause an argument of it's own...

Last edited:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

already suggested something similar, but a toggle buff in game rather than char binding from the start, but a cooldown to toggle it off to prevent sniping and hiding.

Jamie is under the impression that any solution similar to this, would still result in the pkers switching off body drop mode once they have gear they don't want to lose, thus would be a wasted feature and waste of development time.

While i agree i can see pkers who want this feature eventually switching it off as they dont want to risk their own kit, i think it would be a good idea to implement as it seems the only viable alternative to an all/nothing body drops solution that will please everyone.

Its Jamies server so up to him at the end of the day, as with all servers people will play until they got bored/frustrated. He already has his list of features to implement before go live and some of them are more important than body drops.

Any sort of pk points/honor system to trade for items will always be open for abuse from win trading/killing alts/lower levels etc so would definitely be a waste of time.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sounds like a huge wasting of ****ing time

You will never please everyone so don't bother trying

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Just put enable/disable button in ****ing options with a 24 hour cool down, can't go wrong then really, then we see who really means they want pk drops on :) I'll go long dick style, observer mode on, pk drops on.

^ That please's everybody Tai....

Last edited:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Bump as there is a lot of flavour on the forums tonight, popcorn 🍿 is stocked.Surely someone has more input about this subject!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Bump as there is a lot of flavour on the forums tonight, popcorn  is stocked.Surely someone has more input about this subject!

PVP...grr..argh...something something no lifers.

Jamie is the life bringer, the essence and soul of Mir 2.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Just put enable/disable button in ****ing options with a 24 hour cool down, can't go wrong then really, then we see who really means they want pk drops on :) I'll go long dick style, observer mode on, pk drops on.

^ That please's everybody Tai....

"LOL I JUST PK'D YOU AND YOU DIDN'T DROP AN ITEM, CLEARLY A BETA CUCK PvE PLAYER, LET ME WAVE MY MASSIVE ELITIST PENIS OVER YOUR HEAD"

Something something, Mir players, something something.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
"LOL I JUST PK'D YOU AND YOU DIDN'T DROP AN ITEM, CLEARLY A BETA CUCK PvE PLAYER, LET ME WAVE MY MASSIVE ELITIST PENIS OVER YOUR HEAD"

Something something, Mir players, something something.
Something something softcore league glacial cascade totem.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Something something softcore league glacial cascade totem.

unknown.png

Normal.

Labrynth.

Reactions: Trollypolly

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Chime my two cents, I'm not trying to be an absolute bell here, but alot of people actually still play mir due to it being one of the "only" games out there that you can drop items from fighting of body, no it wasnt like this on euro etc etc, but im not being an arse here but if you still play this gameboy graphic game for PVE only then you really do need to get an life.

People crying "oh i want it non drop" why the hell would you play an game this old/which is really slow/grindy just to gain items for the server to close down the line? its private servers, understand more if it was an official game. It is absolutely pointless even fighting with no drops on, the whole point is to fight for bosses, people want to make uber kit to hit harder in pk... they should have the chance of dropping that item or dont wear it to PK its that simple really, Get an pk kit if you dont want to lose your main.

Now honestly Jamie, i know you make good servers but whoever has swayed you to not put in PK drops is silly as hell. the majority are voting for it to be in, would you like to have lets say what 30 active users who play with no pk, or 100 active users with "pk drops" because lets be honest the PVE carebears will still play either way, pkers wont. Its mir 3 its outdated to ****.

If you cant win then why not add something like 1 day caves are non pkable, next day they are? Dont know if thats even possible but dont let the carebears win. You enjoy pk jamie and you know yourself if there is no reward then its pointless, as for this picking an pk char or non pk/24hour. Shut up... Everybody will just go non pk except few and jump the "pk players" for kit without risk.

Simple fixes for this issue, make 2 versions of cave with tele outside, "pve or pvp versions" PVP has 2x drop chance from mobs/bosses. Simple, Risk it for better gains or be little carebear and enjoy your boring grinds.

Ramboonie.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Good points, except the get a life bit.

"I'm not trying to be a bell/arse." | "..you really need to get a life. Carebears this, carebears that"
Pick one

And to clarify, from what I understand no one has convinced Jamie. I think he is actually human if I recall, and thus has the ability to reach a view himself (perhaps, we still don't know for sure), and then put that view into practise in a server that he is solely responsible for. Jamie's decision started the whole thing, and the side 'arguing against him' is the ones wanting body drops in AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.