• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
my 5th sense tells me this. DO NOT RESPOND OR IT WILL AGREE TO MY STATEMENT

You clearly have not read my post I never even mentioned my view on this particular subject and just for reference I am all for pk, body drops and any other risks the game may have.

Post like yours go back to what I originally said which is this thread is serving no purpose the different views 'For' and 'Against' have just about all been said and its up to Jamie now...

Adding that final line to your comment clearly makes you look like a dick tbf :chuncky:

And yet you AGREE WITH HIS STATEMENT!!!! ... tsk tsk :P

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Pffft not having some jumped up dick who clearly didn't read anything I put then quoted me... then trying to tell me not to post just because he cant deal with the backlash!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
His defence was foolproof. So confident was he of his own mental prowess, he was just trying to save you the embarrassment of competing with him. I'd back off from him, slowly if I were you.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
In all seriousness, you have yet provided a resolution to problems that have been pointed out to you in regards to death drops. What is your solution for all the Wizards that will be prone to 1 hit kills from the (Majority voted) Assassins in the game? Are we to just tuck our tale between our legs and accept that any Assassin can just come along and rape in 1 shot and reap the rewards without so much as a slap in the face? Are you suggesting Jamie tweak the skill and make it impossible, effectively pissing off the hardcore Mir3 audience, to satisfy your need for pointless death drops?

The issue you pointed out above has nothing to do with death drops the issue will remain regardless if drops are on or off

Pottsy is the type of guy to make statements like '' I am all for freedom of speech but something must be done to stop them being able to say this and get away with it ''

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
There seems to be a 'toxic, all or nothing' mentality with regards to PKers. The majority aren't children, aren't abusive, don't need a power trip and have a very carefree outlook.

I PK because it's fun, I'm not abusive yet receive loads of abuse and I don't take many things seriously in life least of all a game.....yet I'm the bad guy for PKing?! Blows my mind that killing a virtual player is often seen as being worse than calling someone a paedophile etc....

You've missed the point, I don't think anyone is against the act of PKing. Although even 16 years ago game developers knew it needed to be kept in-check through PK points, cursing and increased drop chance. I've not seen that stance change in any open world PvP game since (that doesn't have factions).

It's a way of playing that you force onto others and in Mir 3 more-so than Mir 2 your victim's choice of running away or TTing is less of an option due to some of the spells available. I never played Mir 3 in the late game where the power creep got out of hand but even early on I was able to 1-2 shot the server's highest level warriors from stealth. You could argue that class balance is a separate issue but it will always be true that spells like Wraith Grip, Abyss, Beckon, Assault and Interchange exist. Every class in Mir 3 was OP in PvP (apart from wizzies :P) but no-one really gave a crap because they wouldn't drop items they spent months/years getting so everyone just had fun.

IMO If you enjoy PvPing the chance of your opponent/s dropping when killed should not even be a consideration. Heck if I PKed someone and got a rare off them I'd likely return it as I am quite capable of getting my own.

people will try the server because it will be the first mir 3 server that runs smooth since the global one closed

The global Mir 3 server was anything but smooth :p

Everyone plays for different reasons the game should be taking in the direction that the majority want as long as it is is interest of the server (not vested interest looking to shape the server to suit there group/guild )if that is for or against PK drops the GM should listen to what his player-base wants and try to accommodate that into the server

Actually he should stick with his vision of what he wants from the server. It's true if what he envisions is not what the players want the server may not last long but you cannot confuse the vocal minority with the "majority".

Last edited:

cliff99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2012
not that he's going to but I'd put pk drops in makes the game so much more intresting

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You've missed the point, I don't think anyone is against the act of PKing. Although even 16 years ago game developers knew it needed to be kept in-check through PK points, cursing and increased drop chance. I've not seen that stance change in any open world PvP game since (that doesn't have factions).

It's a way of playing that you force onto others and in Mir 3 more-so than Mir 2 your victim's choice of running away or TTing is less of an option due to some of the spells available. I never played Mir 3 in the late game where the power creep got out of hand but even early on I was able to 1-2 shot the server's highest level warriors from stealth. You could argue that class balance is a separate issue but it will always be true that spells like Wraith Grip, Abyss, Beckon, Assault and Interchange exist. Every class in Mir 3 was OP in PvP (apart from wizzies :P) but no-one really gave a crap because they wouldn't drop items they spent months/years getting so everyone just had fun.

IMO If you enjoy PvPing the chance of your opponent/s dropping when killed should not even be a consideration. Heck if I PKed someone and got a rare off them I'd likely return it as I am quite capable of getting my own.

The global Mir 3 server was anything but smooth :p

Actually he should stick with his vision of what he wants from the server. It's true if what he envisions is not what the players want the server may not last long but you cannot confuse the vocal minority with the "majority".

Careful now, you're talking sense...

This goes against the pros of LOMCN and you will be targeted!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Could do something profound
And make PK drops a thing but I
Really don't know if its good for the server,
Realistically speaking though
Ordinary people would just get completely
Trounced and lose kit so for the longevity of the
Server, I'll not be doing it

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Could you also make it so I can force my character into a group with one of the people who play all day everyday, and I get the exp they get each time they kill something, I mean that way I can keep up without having to throw my life away :shame:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

If they want drops in give them an option to turn it on. See how many of them are willing to do it. Only drop if killed by someone else who has it on or mobs. Have it as an option when you create character and you stuck with it on that char.

I imagine they won't take that option even though it makes everything more fun for them

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I'll admit...it took me a second glance to see that lol!

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Everyone is STILL missing the point of PK drops....they're rare!!

Others have made statements that players will lose items and quit which just isn't realistic. Those odd times you do die (PVP and PVE), the drop rates just need to be something in the region of:

Common: 15%
Rare: 8%
Exotic: 4%

As I previously said, there should always be a risk to dying, that risk doesn't have to be a ridiculous 100% item drop rate.

Last edited:

Annddyy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2013
tldr; but my two cents that i would have expected people to have made before are that:

If you die and drop items people will TT at the first sign of trouble = no pvp > less fun
if you die and don't drop items people will stand and fight = pvp > more fun

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
tldr; but my two cents that i would have expected people to have made before are that:

If you die and drop items people will TT at the first sign of trouble = no pvp > less fun
if you die and don't drop items people will stand and fight = pvp > more fun

Kind of the point people have been trying to make lol.

But evidently it makes no sense to the "majority" haha.

Everyone is STILL missing the point of PK drops....they're rare!!

Others have made statements that players will lose items and quit which just isn't realistic. Those odd times you do die (PVP and PVE), the drop rates just need to be something in the region of:

Common: 15%
Rare: 8%
Exotic: 4%

As I previously said, there should always be a risk to dying, that risk doesn't have to be a ridiculous 100% item drop rate.

Believe me...no one is missing that point lol.

I have already agreed numerous times that the PK drops are rare....but thats the whole point....it's rare enough that:
- The effort it takes to actually kill someone vs the reward is just too small, thus almost pointless.
- This is because of the way people play (RTing/TTing), even worse when there IS a risk, because most simply will not fight (I for example, never fight unless its round a boss, because it's a waste of time lol, or unless i'm just pissing about).
- Fighting whilst leveling rarely happens because there is nothing to gain, only pots to lose and having to re-pot and waste money etc. Maybe without drops, this could be encouraged a bit more.

Mixing it all together, your 4% drop for an Exotic on PK, given the proneness to run or just RT away of fear of dropping is more realistically less than 1%...

1% in exchange for pissing off and raging players is certainly not worth it lol.

I would see this as a bigger loss chance for players, than the possible loss of players who are going to rage over having no drops. It would be common sense to NOT have drops.

Of course this all just comes down to our beliefs....you truly believe that the majority of the server will leave over no drops....whereas i do not lol.

I think the amount of players to lose over raging of possible lost items would be far worse than the rage of no death drops. Especially in late game where a Sin can 1-2 hit almost any player, in stealth lol.

Last edited:

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Of course this all just comes down to our beliefs....you truly believe that the majority of the server will leave over no drops....whereas i do not lol.

I have never said that the majority of the server will leave (think that was Exwizz), I'm not naive enough to believe that most players play or see Mir 3 the way I do (should be hardcore, no rules about 'griefing', no policing chat, heavy drops on death, no AFK bullshit (mining!!) :)

I think it's safe to say PK drops won't happen despite the 'majority' voting they'd prefer it on this thread. I get the impression that Jamie is stubborn (aren't we all?!).

As long as there is a large player count, and therefore plenty of opportunities for PK/PVP, then I'll be content enough. Just don't police me for playing the 'bad guy'.

Miss Crowley

LOMCN Member
Apr 24, 2017
A friend told me the server, I'm new here, sorry for the question noob, who is the GM of this server?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Zircon is designed, created, coded and managed by Jamie/Hello. There are no GM's as of yet (that I'm aware) or moderators other than Jamie himself.

This announcement was brought to you by me - Sponsored by Carrot.

Miss Crowley

LOMCN Member
Apr 24, 2017
Zircon is designed, created, coded and managed by Jamie/Hello. There are no GM's as of yet (that I'm aware) or moderators other than Jamie himself.

This announcement was brought to you by me - Sponsored by Carrot.
thanks for your answer
:joyous:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
I'm allowed to throw carrots from time to time. Abuse towards jamie is rewarded with carrots. Keep up the abuse and 100s of pointless questions haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.