Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
If that's the only concern then turn Karma into a front-loaded DoT. Also, without karma the need to drop into stealth with puppet will be less significant.

I've never actually PvPed with lotus skills, who knows it may end up being fun. I do think the 20sec lotus buffs may need revising though, or make it so you can only have 1 lotus buff at one time. ATM you can quite easily store a Red Lotus buff and line up a Sweetbrier > Red Lotus > Sweetbrier > Flash of Light combo that I can imagine being quite powerful in PvP.

Agreed the lotus duration is long. But on here you can't n lotus the mob inside you which sucks.

See you pked with karma and flash, I never got the level 1 karma and was level 82 on gsp, always lotus grip and dragon repel if in trouble. Both very successful but one for sure was impossible to counter, DOT could work but with karma you needed to kill or be killed, no regen sucked.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Just to name a few

karma 1 hit kills no risk pking.
wraith grip roots you to the spot.
critical hit for all classes = 1-2 shot some are passive ranged spells
observer mode
tracking talismans.
tao pets that explode doing - 4500hp without crit

typically when you Ingage there is an almost instant outcome, a death.

i hear you want item drops from pk but trust me with the above Ingame you won't engage the moment there is un even odds or vs higher players. Even with 50/50 odds regardless of skill you could get hit for a crit which you can't do much about.

korean has not had body drops for the last 2-3 years that I can tell. I've never dropped or had any penalties. Level 63. I can't comment on levels 90+ Areas by I've not seen anyone drop to date.

Lol if they don't understand these points by now, they never will.

They see no problems with the above as long as they aren't on the receiving end....they would rather have such skills nerfed instead of ruining their ability to steal hard earned items lol.

They have no reason for wanting drops other than to be dicks with insta kills and drop stealing...it's sad lol.

Having drops won't encourage PvP, it will do the opposite...if i KNOW i will be 1 hit from stealth, think i'll hang around? of course not lol.

Anyway, argument is dry...either play or don't, no one cares lol.

If that's the only concern then turn Karma into a front-loaded DoT. Also, without karma the need to drop into stealth with puppet will be less significant.

It's not just Sin skills, a number of other classes high end later game skills have massive power ability.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
This aint Korea bro, this server aint going to have 3,000 players, that's a different story.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
This aint Korea bro, this server aint going to have 3,000 players, that's a different story.

no good justifying anything to white knights best off waiting for jamie to reply, these are the same guys who encourage the non drop system.

no doubt you already know that by reading this thread thou,

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I understand the point's but why not change them ? It's a bit silly really isn't a tao pet explode ( guessing on death ) damage dealing that and just tweak how crit works? How long do you think people will enjoy a 1 hit fest over and over again with 0 body drops mental ****.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I understand the point's but why not change them ? It's a bit silly really isn't a tao pet explode ( guessing on death ) damage dealing that and just tweak how crit works? How long do you think people will enjoy a 1 hit fest over and over again with 0 body drops mental ****.

the crit/classes have are alot weaker than the old mir3 classes 100% well put into place atleast.

regardless the game will not get as many people playing without drops.

once end content is reached or completed people will stop playing in the masses the drops add the extra risk factor iv even seen guilds such as BlackWidows fight and there a non pk guild, there is always a stage in any game when you get to x point you end up fighting or doing something new.

just a shame if jamie decides to cater for a few people over the many.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
karma 1 hit kills no risk pking.
wraith grip roots you to the spot.
critical hit for all classes = 1-2 shot some are passive ranged spells
observer mode
tracking talismans.
tao pets that explode doing - 4500hp without crit

Isn't most of this argument irrelevant? Skills are constantly being changed at the moment, class mechanics are a mess.

For example, currently Warriors can do a 6 skill cycle, which sounds ridiculously powerful, and yet our main power skill (Bladestorm) is now crap with FlameSword producing the most damage.

Also everyone is talking about end game 1 shotting, yet 75% of the server won't even reach late game. PvP/PvE class mechanics need to be fun and balanced throughout the journey...

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
How about you only body drop when you're brown (PvP wise obv, pve remains the same)

And you also go brown when you hit another player even if that player is brown.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Anyway, argument is dry...either play or don't, no one cares lol.
This

All these bullshit excuses you people keep coming up with are just laughable, i truly loved reading this post in its entirety. I really cant believe this went on for 18 pages.

If your sole reason for playing is to prey on weaker players and take there kit then you have serious issues no mechanic change will alter.
Even attempting to argue that it wont generate more PvP is just ridiculous; whats even more ridiculous is the notion that the server will die without body drops, seriously? What % of the player base do you think give even the slightest **** about whether they get a drop or not, we kill people for a reason more often than not, unless your in the 'just a ****' category.

But of course 'PvP' isn't what you desire then is it... Stop kidding yourself.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Boss fights are farrr more interesting when you have nothing to fear, you don't get people insta tting every time they get below half hp.

People need to realise as well on this server the boss runs are far more difficult and rewarding than mir2 bosses, where its literally rt to kr , tank and spank bosses, then TT. Boss runs take actual time and coordination ,therefore fighting for a boss and winning is much more rewarding.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
I believe a good few would like death drops to sell for real life to fund there benefits and playing games haha.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I believe a good few would like death drops to sell for real life to fund there benefits and playing games haha.

or not?

completely changing the game we have played for 10 years... taking the risk factor out the game will get boring real quick, but yeah let the few **** the server up just like marble, the ignorance you have is laughable.

server wont last longer than it should without drops its as simple as that you'll notice a fall in numbers once people are avg level and get bored because the PvP will die off when there is nothing to PvP for when most items are in game.

bosses will become redundant and people wont turn up.

take chronicles for example when no drops are on the Pk/PvP is non existent even back in the day when the usercount was double its current playerbase.

but you'll see the outcome sooner than you should for catering for the smaller number of people.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
or not?

completely changing the game we have played for 10 years... taking the risk factor out the game will get boring real quick, but yeah let the few **** the server up just like marble, the ignorance you have is laughable.

server wont last longer than it should without drops its as simple as that you'll notice a fall in numbers once people are avg level and get bored because the PvP will die off when there is nothing to PvP for when most items are in game.

bosses will become redundant and people wont turn up.

take chronicles for example when no drops are on the Pk/PvP is non existent even back in the day when the usercount was double its current playerbase.

but you'll see the outcome sooner than you should for catering for the smaller number of people.

In your opinion. I have no idea why you are getting so heated (seemingly) ... I mean I know Shane's response was baiting, but meh, it's going to be whatever Jamie wants so no point getting blustered. You can't for sure say how it will turn out, and whilst you may have genuine points, and some reasoning behind them, they aren't fact.

JustAUser

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2017
People who don't want pk drops in will still play if they are in, they will just rt. 100% UC kept.

Some people won't play if there's no pk drops. **% UC Lost

See the pattern? You'll lose numbers with no drops the people who don't want them on will still play and rt from pk or hunt sz caves

All I can say is make SZ caves for chal /pottsy etc, clearly playing the wrong game in 2017

No drop town fights, no banter or reason to pk/troll

Rip

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
In your opinion. I have no idea why you are getting so heated (seemingly) ... I mean I know Shane's response was baiting, but meh, it's going to be whatever Jamie wants so no point getting blustered. You can't for sure say how it will turn out, and whilst you may have genuine points, and some reasoning behind them, they aren't fact.

the fact that he brought up selling items is also laughable because they both botted on chronicles and then sold there **** once they were done.

maybe, but like i already said we will wait and see how quick the PKers will get bored, there is no reason they cant have the branding its a solution to fix all problems for drops.

if you play any server its heavily based around a few big guilds who PK there is no server were its ran by PVE guilds.

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:13 AM ----------

What Mir 3 server have you played for that long and with pk drops... This is NOT Mir 2

i can name alot of servers iv played in the past 10 years with drops. (MIR3 servers)

the game isn't wemade no more without drops because of there current unbalanced classes/desync problems.

why don't you just be straight up about it?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I've got all day.

Supreme Mir3
Avenge Mir3 3.55
Avenge Mir3 kings
Zentaur even has pk drops with a system.
RND pro Mir3
Carnage Mir3
Haskura Mir3 had similar system to zentaur.
Azura's Mir3 servers not quite sure on name.
Sting3g Mir3
Xtreme Mir3

there is probz many more i have played over the time...

they were all popular servers too.

few hitting over 160-200 mark at one point, and some even high rate with alot more balance issues, and 1 shots.

as for the Mir2 remark iv only played Arcadia pj69 and chronicles and a few low pop servers, played alot more Mir3 than i have Mir2 that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
And where are those servers now?

they all lasted years?

longer than marble has with the changes that have been done to please the few.

the changes after the user count left to try claw them back we the players don't want the same thing to happen.

another reason jamie is deleting the discord once the server is live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.