• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
A player who truly enjoys PvP wouldn't care less about body drops. The players who want body drops just want to gank helpless players for a easy chance of a drop when bosses are not available.

"Gank" this aint Wow mate, do you even know what ganking means? Ganking is where a group of players jump 1 player, mostly happened to Wow streamers back in the day, stop cahtting out your arse, Drops on pk just make's it rewarding and also a risk, no fun running about with 0 chance of anything ever going wrong but losing a boss.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
"Gank" this aint Wow mate, do you even know what ganking means? Ganking is where a group of players jump 1 player, mostly happened to Wow streamers back in the day, stop cahtting out your arse, Drops on pk just make's it rewarding and also a risk, no fun running about with 0 chance of anything ever going wrong but losing a boss.

lol.... how Mir has changed they will say anything to get drops disabled honestly its laughable.

every single one of them has been playing servers the last 10 years with drops and never said a thing about it.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
lol.... how Mir has changed they will say anything to get drops disabled honestly its laughable.

every single one of them has been playing servers the last 10 years with drops and never said a thing about it.

I'd even be happy with it to be a setting in options you can disable / Enable with like a 24 hour cooldown on it i'm that confident that most people would have body drops enabled and wouldn't wanna **** about waiting 24 hours to just grief at a boss for 10 minutes.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I'd even be happy with it to be a setting in options you can disable / Enable with like a 24 hour cooldown on it i'm that confident that most people would have body drops enabled and wouldn't wanna **** about waiting 24 hours to just grief at a boss for 10 minutes.

yeah there are many different ways to resolve this, would make sense to try keep everyone if not most people happy

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

At least make sure your 'correction' is in fact correct when trying to act clever.
  • gank
    verb
  • 2(in a video game) use underhand means to defeat or kill (a less experienced opponent)
    ‘that troll just ganked me’

Still loving this thread... keep it up.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
At least make sure your 'correction' is in fact correct when trying to act clever.

theres different meanings of it all over...

It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of characters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
While i appreciate the fact you are using a source, even if you did not state it. The context of the initial correction in relation to your reply would indeed be a prime example of an ironic statement.

He tried to be clever, accusing him of not knowing it's definition... Ill stick to Oxford definitions thanks, your welcome to use silly 'Urban' definitions to try and demean others if you wish. Ill continue to laugh and point out your mistakes.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
no mistakes.

there is a wide range of words than can be used differently.

there is more than 1 examples to most words, but keep to you're oxford definitions.

i get that most people aren't open minded but come on... ganking is used in many different games mostly known in LoL. for making a fight unfair 2v1 or 3v1 situations.

anything to try get one up over someone. (Y)

anyways keep on topic, no need for someone who doesn't care to come act like a smart ass.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I know, i know, i was simply pointing out the irony.... As you obviously missed it, here:
"Gank" this aint Wow mate, do you even know what ganking means? Ganking is where...

mostly known in LoL
I would however love to see your source for this.

Another ironic statement from you, claiming others lack open-mindedness. From your contributions to this topic i can only laugh.

And as usual you just throw out unjustified insults when you have no legitimate response. Who said i didn't care? I gave my opinion on the topic yesterday, just like everyone else has.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

So you took 1 of the possible 2 answer from google trying to make me look dumb, Anybody outside of this little game knows Ganking from WoW, watching raids of 100+ people killing swifty and sodapoppin them days were good, really wasn't trying to correct anybody i've always known ganking as the " gank guild " from WoW where they'd just go around ganking streamers so i was pretty positive that was the only gank untill i googled after your cocky post.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
So you took 1 of the possible 2 answer from google trying to make me look dumb, Anybody outside of this little game knows Ganking from WoW, watching raids of 100+ people killing swifty and sodapoppin them days were good, really wasn't trying to correct anybody i've always known ganking as the " gank guild " from WoW where they'd just go around ganking streamers so i was pretty positive that was the only gank untill i googled after your cocky post.

One of two possible answers? Elaborate please.

How you came about the terms is absolutely irrelevant, just another example of your inability to understand the difference between a factual and non-factual statement. 'I don't know any better so it must be a fact' is not a fact, no matter how many elaborate stories you use to justify it.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Are you not doing the same thing? You are saying anything you can to try and get Jamie to add body drops, even though he has already decided?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Are you not doing the same thing? You are saying anything you can to try and get Jamie to add body drops, even though he has already decided?

When did he decide ? I'd love to know what the ****s going on with body drops and just look at the Poll... and how many didn't vote, its a clear land slide for body drops. Anyway done with arguing everybody knows Jamie does what he wants and won't let people talk him out of it so ill just let him rock.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Popping in just to say, that if you want to know ExWizz's source, it's a literal rip from urban dictionary. However he has omitted the second part of the same definition:

"It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high levelplayer does the same action to a player way below his or her own level"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ganking

EDIT: Also however, you ask almost anyone in the gaming community, and commonly LoL or WoW as they are probably the most common examples, that Oxford definition (if it is, i dunno but I trust ya) is kinda...off. It's common use is to mean literally 'killing me without chance of reprisal, whatever form that takes). I played WoW for ages and it was mostly when groups roamed around smacking low levels down for fun. The level of pedantic banter between both of you is kinda crazy though. Fun however :D

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Pretty sure the specific scenario that Piff was using isn't even Ganking...it's usually classed as Stream Sniping?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pretty sure the specific scenario that Piff was using isn't even Ganking...it's usually classed as Stream Sniping?

Not really in WoW where you choose where you can be hit and not be hit, Stream Sniping happens more in Battle Royle games / FPS pro shooters it's been known for people watching the other teams stream if they have a small enough delay on obviously as you stay in spots for awhile in CS/GO / Cod as its SnD based.

But good try **** boy

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Popping in just to say, that if you want to know ExWizz's source, it's a literal rip from urban dictionary. However he has omitted the second part of the same definition:

"It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high levelplayer does the same action to a player way below his or her own level"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ganking

EDIT: Also however, you ask almost anyone in the gaming community, and commonly LoL or WoW as they are probably the most common examples, that Oxford definition (if it is, i dunno but I trust ya) is kinda...off. It's common use is to mean literally 'killing me without chance of reprisal, whatever form that takes). I played WoW for ages and it was mostly when groups roamed around smacking low levels down for fun. The level of pedantic banter between both of you is kinda crazy though. Fun however :D

Actually i was referring to the source for the LoL comment. Communities re-define words all the time, that much is obvious. Stating that one is correct over another out of context is futile.

The 'gank' comment was but a metaphor, i simply enjoy pointing out their complete ignorance when it comes to their opinions presented as facts in order to demean others.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Not really in WoW where you choose where you can be hit and not be hit, Stream Sniping happens more in Battle Royle games / FPS pro shooters it's been known for people watching the other teams stream if they have a small enough delay on obviously as you stay in spots for awhile in CS/GO / Cod as its SnD based.

But good try **** boy

I guess grown up discussions about a simple term aren't possible for you?

I could explain why you're wrong but...i'll let your ignorance be, as i really can't be bothered lol.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017
I voted to have body drops on, it is one of the best parts of Mir, risking your own items in PvP and sometimes coming out with a reward for defeating other players/guilds. Even if the drops were set to a lower rate or in certain areas I think there should be some form of way to lose items, as I see it right now you don't even body drops against monsters to lose items, again this is also another essential part of Mir because it removes items from the game and keeps the economy turning over.

With no sense of competition in the game you will be alienating a huge part of the Mir player base (albeit the Mir2 part). I think you would have a lot more people giving the server a try and a higher user count if you were willing to compromise to a middle ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.