Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
To many care bears on mir these days.

/KingTony

I've said the same on other server threads!! I swear I used to remember Mir as a pk haven. On one server, I was banned for pking afk miners.......I mean what?!!! Why should you ever be able to gain something by not even playing!

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
easiest solution would be.

no drop until 33 +

and then at 33 + everyone has enough time to rt/tt away from fights.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I'm torn. I don't think hard earned items should drop purely as you lose to a more powerful opponent. Look at Marble, you had Assassins that could pop up and nuke you before you could do anything (i'm not discussing this here, it's just an example).

It's too much strain on Jamie having to ensure that losing an item due to situations outside of the users realistic control. It tremendously increases the difficulty of balancing, and increases the level of displeasure a user gets when such a situation arises.

Go knowingly to battle in your best gear? Fine. Your choice. Stand around and fight for minutes and get unlucky and die? Fine. Your choice. Get ganked and jumped just as you take a swig of juice, or the aforementioned 'ninja pop'? Game freezes or drops out? It's harsh, which is presumably the primary focus of Jamie's design philosophy here.

On the other hand, it's Mir and body drops has arguably been the core factor in making the game such a draw to PVP orientated players. They aren't the only players yes, but it's is the biggest draw for them who play for that reason.

Why not a muddle of solutions?

1) Have body drops, but also protected items. Either pre-determined slots for protection, or even items. Or let the player have '2' slots they can protect, or (my very least favourite option) pay a cost to protect a slot or item (please god no).
2) Rather than drops, have the items equipped potentially get 'damaged'. Doesn't have to be dura, could be a new system (akin to cursing the item, or maybe just as simple as "Item is permanently damaged as a result of recent loss in battle, the next time you die it may drop properly")
3) When actively engaged in PVP, an internal cooldown/timer starts. The longer you stay in battle the more likely items are to drop. This is reset by killing an opponent. -- If it's not a fight you can win, or you get ganked, very low chance of dropping. You stay around and fight, well then you made the choice. This is the closest to present Mir2 but adds a layer of protection incase instant gank tactics rear their head.

Ultimately though, I'm not voting as I do not sway to any option more than the other. I'll play it however it comes.

Reactions: ventus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
giving players options if they've just had to rt/tt away from a 'pker'.

Also as a side note, items/skills will be correctly calibrated so that we don't have beckon then BS = PK. Plenty of time for a player to rt....

As above WGS said about being jumped by sin... when I played 5H server sometimes last fall, I got pked while inside a big lure (war doing CHM) without seeing it coming, from then on I had to scan minimap constantly and the initial excitement (as pple say I admit it does bring some life into another dull day of leveling) turned into long term pain in the back, having to stay on the lookout constantly, scanning minimap disproportionally way more than map/mobs, also that wasn't surefire since pkers use RTs until they land near or even better next to you and then before you can reach for own RT or TT you lay flat on ground (because of huge level, item disparity among players on server, you get pretty well one or two hit).

It meant I couldn't level in caves where mobs were hard making me live on the edge as it is (pump hp to just about stay alive), because in such a case pker has easy time with you, when even just distraction kills you.

Also many folks value if they can go about, hunt in peace, at least some of the time, myself including, I remember complaint of woman with small kid when she left herself standing somewhere for a bit, needing to to do something for half a minute outside mir and someone happened by and pked her char, was as stupid as it gets.

And its PITA because that pk happens because somebody is looking to pk somebody without him having anything against you whatever, even knowing you or something like that, its not like he wants mobs in cave for himself or something, also not needing my relatively mediocre items.

Also won't vote, let the dice fall as it may :nevreness:

Last edited:

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
If sins will have that total invisibility skill, I rather not have pk drops. It was fine on global with no body drops and there was plenty of pking on there.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
If sins will have that total invisibility skill, I rather not have pk drops. It was fine on global with no body drops and there was plenty of pking on there.

on wemade with assassins in there was no plenty at all other than PK points. and (body drops were enabled early days into the game aswell) until carebears also ruined that server.

and assassins didnt have TOTAL invis unless you were 3-5 levels higher and you could be seen 2 spaces away.

what level did you even get on global/wemade?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
on wemade with assassins in there was no plenty at all other than PK points. and (body drops were enabled early days into the game aswell) until carebears also ruined that server.

and assassins didnt have TOTAL invis unless you were 3-5 levels higher and you could be seen 2 spaces away.

what level did you even get on global/wemade?

stealth was better than that, i think you had to be about 10 levels higher to see the low level in stealth and thats only if they were within two spaces.

Assassin's have Total invisibility, add that to the fact you CANNOT TT until potion cooldown is off, 2 seconds is more than enough time to kill someone especially mid lure.

Assassin simply needs to wait for magic shield to drop and use flash of light, dead wiz 100% of the time guaranteed, nothing the wiz can do about that.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
stealth was better than that, i think you had to be about 10 levels higher to see the low level in stealth and thats only if they were within two spaces.

Assassin's have Total invisibility, add that to the fact you CANNOT TT until potion cooldown is off, 2 seconds is more than enough time to kill someone especially mid lure.

Assassin simply needs to wait for magic shield to drop and use flash of light, dead wiz 100% of the time guaranteed, nothing the wiz can do about that.

that's counter play.

how can you think there shouldn't be any plenty for dying.

deaths on any game you lose something or start from the beginning with nothing.

a chance to lose 1 items is **** all.

people will just non stop run back to bosses/subs without any risk (**** it they will go red if they keep killing me) why would you encourage this play style?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
that's counter play.

how can you think there shouldn't be any plenty for dying.

deaths on any game you lose something or start from the beginning with nothing.

a chance to lose 1 items is **** all.

people will just non stop run back to bosses/subs without any risk (**** it they will go red if they keep killing me) why would you encourage this play style?

It impossible for the wizard to do anything, (literally impossible).

So you think its fair wizards cannot use their kit they may have been working on for 3 ~ 6 months because any assassin could come along and have a chance to steal it?

Risk of dropping their kit will NOT stop people coming back to grief you, they will obviously do it in shop it.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
It impossible for the wizard to do anything, (literally impossible).

So you think its fair wizards cannot use their kit they may have been working on for 3 ~ 6 months because any assassin could come along and have a chance to steal it?

well clearly not..

Risk of dropping their kit will NOT stop people coming back to grief you, they will obviously do it in shop it.

there coming back to get the boss and if they can keep dying with there best gear they will make you red waste your pots and win... there is no counter play to a greifer running back in best gear wasting pots and winning due to being red killing him over and over then waiting hours to even do anything again.

in shop kit they wont kill the boss.
in there best kit they will.

without a chance of gaining anything from the situation is just pointless, you're just wanting everyone running round holding hands.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
in shop kit they wont kill the boss.

Having 20 ~ 30 DC less when you have 300 is not going to stop you from killing bosses,

This is Mir 3, Most of your stats come from Hermits.

I cannot think of any boss where it would talk you longer to kill than it does for them to get back to.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Having 20 ~ 30 DC less when you have 300 is not going to stop you from killing bosses,

This is Mir 3, Most of your stats come from Hermits.

300 dc? what ****ing level and kit do you have?

and is this high rate? or you basing the on someone level 90 coming to grief you?

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
If you want to risk your items u could get reward with the other persons items

Its a part of Mir i vote allow pk drops, have restrictions cant drop items once your below level 33 and don't make it if you die you drop a item every time make it some what rare but it can happen.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
If you want to risk your items u could get reward with the other persons items

Its a part of Mir i vote allow pk drops, have restrictions cant drop items once your below level 33 and don't make it if you die you drop a item every time make it some what rare but it can happen.

completely agree aswell as other people.

there should always be a chance of dropping a item even if its 1/100

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
300 dc? what ****ing level and kit do you have?

and is this high rate? or you basing the on someone level 90 coming to grief you?

Have you ever played Mir 3?

It's bloody easy mode till 75, (thats when the soft cap kicks in)

Lv40 ~ 50 = 20~30DC from hermits
Lv50 ~ 60 = 30~40DC from hermits
Lv60 ~ 70 = 40~50DC from hermits
Lv70 ~ 80 = 50~60DC from hermits

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

yes? played 73 assassin.

and didn't have 300 dc.

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012

so if you have lost 30 dc at level 50 , you have potential lost more then half your dmg, i have 29-39 dc at level 34 and most subs i cant even hit (on a warrior)
yes bladestorm is most your big dmg but if all you can do is 100 dmg every few hits from bladestorm, you wont be killing the boss in shop gear.

especially if you have to fight someone at the same time who is also trying to kill the boss and you.

there is just no way you could fight adequately with such a loss in dc (AND AC- shop gear)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
yes? played 73 assassin.

and didn't have 300 dc.

How could you not?

GSP Shop kit:

Level 73 =

Natural DC: 15
Average Hermits: DC 127
Pig: DC0~10 + DC0~20 Avg: DC 15
Assassin Tonic: DC17
Elixir : DC 17
Black Horse: DC14

--- 216 DC before Items

Weapon: DC30 (Very low for a weapon)
Rings: DC6 x2 (Low rings)
Bracelet DC2 x2 (Very low for bracelet)
Necklace DC6 (Standard low necklace - Butcher's)

Armour = 2
Helmet = 3
Mark Of Destruction : DC10

--- 273 DC Now

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
How could you not?

GSP Shop kit:

Level 73 =

Natural DC: 15
Average Hermits: DC 127
Pig: DC0~10 + DC0~20 Avg: DC 15
Assassin Tonic: DC17
Elixir : DC 17
Black Horse: DC14

--- 216 DC before Items

Weapon: DC30 (Very low for a weapon)
Rings: DC6 x2 (Low rings)
Bracelet DC2 x2 (Very low for bracelet)
Necklace DC6 (Standard low necklace - Butcher's)

Armour = 2
Helmet = 3
Mark Of Destruction : DC10

--- 273 DC Now

so elixirs and horses and dc hermits?

1 assassins don't use DC hermit < changed meant pig not hermit. >
2 black horse wasn't in game
3 hermit isn't always the same
4 take away the DC from the items as you need 1 ls neck 1 ls brace 1 ls ring.
5 assassins don't use DC pig.

did you even play?

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
so elixirs and horses and dc hermits?

1 assassins don't use DC hermit
2 black horse wasn't in game
3 hermit isn't always the same

Why would you NOT use DC hermits as an assassin...?

The amount of Damage from MP is less than Half that of just getting DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.