• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I don't care how many ideas are thrown at me, I've literally said it months ago they would never be added. If you are really that desperate for Body drops, I'd recommend you go play Zentaur and pk only the yellow / red people.

couple of months ago, you also said there will be PK drops and there would be a branding system.

after this server depending how long i end up playing for is the final straw when it comes to playing this game, its normally let down after let down at this point.

from you once saying 'of course there will be pk drops why wouldn't they be ' too how we are now, not to mention you said you didn't like the non drop system from GSP.

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
PK Drops are in though, So what's confusing you?

surly you mean you've made people able to drop pots and torches because you and i both know people wont be carrying any 2nd kit or spare items in there bags other than pots and tali's

bag drops is 1 step in the right direction don't get me wrong but your reason of adding it that you said to me ' people are needed to use more than 1 kit' when that's not the case at all, that was more or less the easiest you could do too quite down the subject.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
surly you mean you've made people able to drop pots and torches because you and i both know people wont be carrying any 2nd kit or spare items in there bags other than pots and tali's

GL killing late game bosses without a 2nd kit.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
GL killing late game bosses without a 2nd kit.

you'll be able to hunt any cave in your ADV gear lol... in groups you can simply store valuables, no one will be soloing late game bosses, you said this yourself so 2 kits wont be needed when you could hunt safe in Adv gear and still kill bosses in groups.

these people are worried about losing 1 item in a fight, you honestly you think they will take 2 kits? they would rather pot runners.

Apple & Beach

LOMCN Member
Dec 29, 2006
The difference is, PvE the joy isn't sucked out of another player.

Ultimately in terms of Enjoyment PK Body drops is a net negative.

Jamie, only the individual player has the right to determine what is joyful within the game, the creator only creates a platform and sets values. Mir is not just about work,work,work, reward. Your logic that "PvE the joy isnt sucked out of another player" is based on your understanding,not the individual player.

Again, 'terms of enjoyment'. Jamie leave the enjoyment part of your server to the player, not your judgement. Enjoyment of Mir is varied and also shared, to say "PK body drops is a net negative" shows the direction of your thought for this server, If you want to disable pk drops, be cautious and think it through long term,you could build something great with your skills, do not short cut yourself on this.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There's a saying "we could argue about this until the cows come home"

Guess what guys it's ****ing mince meat now. Hell I think Koriban just flushed it down the toilet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Here is my take on it. Im 60/40 to the argument for no pk body drops.

I played GSP server and was rank No1 and No2 for a good while. I encountered many fights and group fights vs me solo, I spent 95% of my time solo hunting, except for Ice tiger guild fights. most of the time i was fighting TGW in banyo island or cave. what was enjoyable for me was fighting vs any amount of players that i faced, not to gain or lose items but to push the limits and kick players out of the cave or off that boss. ICe tiger was the biggest Fight scene, Everyone died loads times. With body drops nobody would turn up or would be in shop kit, you died so often even at level 80. its how mir 3 is on GSP and korean. if you watch the observer function you will see how many times people die in game.

My biggest concern currently is that with pk drop from body on stealth pk for kit will breed a toxic play style exactly like it did on marble, some will do this for £££ as they have no job or can earn more money from one pk drop in then a months work. The hassle with this alone is why the issue is such a difficult one. Me and Jamie have made quite a few players quit over the years from them dropping and losing kit to us.

Mir 3 weapon upgrade system is such a vast and time/money consuming process. Im sure people that put there effort into there upgrading and crafting will not want to see a 6months or years worth of work go to some lucky pker.

My opinion is directly related to time spent on offical korean and GSP not any other mir 3 server as i have never played them. the game would need a complete re balance if body drops were enabled, the game/skills/ stats are all designed around no body drops.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Well surly some floors/areas no drop zone should help that a lot.

Dont wanna die and risk stay on safe floors if you wanna fight for bosses risk items for a chance of items.

You wont win the lotto without risking your own wealth.

Surly this his would work for everyone carebears are safe until they wanna hunt bosses and that's how it should be it's the only way around this stupid situation.

If you want this to not flop as you say, why are people being ignored plenty of people are for pk drops and without them they will get bored a lot faster than these pve players , and there are a lot more people who are interested in pk and big fights than people who pref mob killing 24/7.

73 votes for pk drops what % of the server you think that would be? I'd say one hell of a chunk.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
You are literally a broken record, did you even read his post because nothing you said related to it

i played my ****ing myself just a couple of levels lower than him i know how the game was.

and with the correct balance its completely doable.

so of course il repeat myself.

but by a few peoples prospective's you'd rather not bother to cater for everyone.

not to mention the worst spell has been taken out or getting re balanced 'karma' that's the main issue what people had with being '1 shot'

them 73 votes could well be half you're server who wouldn't cater for half there customers if there business could fail?

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
if its that big of a issue have some safe floors for these scared people who are worried about losing a couple of pixels every couple of weeks.

Quick switch back to this... You continually belittle and degrade players, as 'carebears' and 'cowards worrying about their 1 or 2 pixels'. The implication that they are silly for worrying over '1 or 2 pxiels' yes?

Then you go on and on about the server will fail, and you are so damn angry/stubborn because Jamie is not going to let you get your '1 or 2 pixels'. The 'pve'ers' are literally wanting to avoid having to ditch out of every fight, so they can actively/potentially engage in pvp. You 'pvpers' are spitting blood over the fact that ..what? That you can still do everything single thing you could before, you just can't get those '1 or 2 pixels' that those 'cowards care so much about'. Who is it that seems to care about those pixels the most in this scenario??

I don't mean to start a row, and word my response above as I have purely to emphasise the odd nature of the point, not to make you sound stupid or belittle you. You generally make some quite reasonable points.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Quick switch back to this... You continually belittle and degrade players, as 'carebears' and 'cowards worrying about their 1 or 2 pixels'. The implication that they are silly for worrying over '1 or 2 pxiels' yes?

Then you go on and on about the server will fail, and you are so damn angry/stubborn because Jamie is not going to let you get your '1 or 2 pixels'. The 'pve'ers' are literally wanting to avoid having to ditch out of every fight, so they can actively/potentially engage in pvp. You 'pvpers' are spitting blood over the fact that ..what? That you can still do everything single thing you could before, you just can't get those '1 or 2 pixels' that those 'cowards care so much about'. Who is it that seems to care about those pixels the most in this scenario??

I don't mean to start a row, and word my response above as I have purely to emphasise the odd nature of the point, not to make you sound stupid or belittle you. You generally make some quite reasonable points.

if the truth of the matter makes me look like a dick or what not i don't really care tbh what other reasons would there be for these PVE players to not want body drops? its because there worried about losing something. they've never had a problem with it in the past until it became a choice.

end of the day we will see the out come after a couple of months regardless if he wants to listen or not.

all i'm saying the people who play for PK/risk factor will get bored and leave and if 73 players isn't enough to make someone realize then there is something strangely wrong, because them players will stop playing once they are bored of killing people constantly and getting nothing out of it, you can only beat someone so many times without reward before it starts to feel pointless or disheartened.

if 73 out of - 150 - 200 people wanted something would you compromise or find a way in between to help cater more than one type of player?

end of the day its a business for Jamie and if he is willing to upset a lot of his customers over something like this that people have became fond of over so many years of playing Mir thats not a good start.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You all realise there is not any way to cater for both sides? lol.

You say make certain zones safe for the "care bears" and "If they want to fight for bosses, they can"

So it's ok for them to be penalised (Not being able to visit a KR without being prone to being killed), but it's not ok to simply not have drops off? lol...I am in no way arguing, just mentioning the hypocrisy in every single argument.

Each argument is obviously going to favour 1 side.

If we look at it all objectively, the lack of body drops is actually the middle ground:
- The Anti-PvP can still go to the high profile spots (Leveling/KR/Specific drop areas).
- The Pro-PvP can still kill people in contesting for said profile spots (And likely more efficiently do so, being PvPers).

- The Anti-PvP can opt to take on fights, being more encouraged to fight minus the fear of losing equipment
- The Pro-PvP get more people to fight/kill and grow big dicks for, outside of scheduled SW/MW Wars.

- The Anti-PvP are forced to accept a middle ground approach of Bag drops.
- The Pro-PvP are forced to accept a middle ground approach of no Body drops.

I mean...we could go on forever with the Pro/Con to each side.

But until you find 1 thats going to provide bonuses/advantages or at least mutual experience for both....you aren't going to succeed in this battle for body drops lol.

I personally think a PvP reward system would be better. Where you are given Honour points for example for killing people, and use said points to buy rewards.

But these rewards would not be able to be too majorly game changing, or anything that can't also be achieved through drops (Thus not penalising the PvE players).

Last edited:

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
" non pkers make mir " What planet do you live on? You think this bag of **** would still be about if there was no pk ? There would be a few server floating about with 10 users for people who want to just farm mobs. The soul reason Mir did so well in it's day was because of pk, like **** would of you played euro without them epic OKS fights / Upstairs storage / outside book shop / Pi store, Mir would of flopped stupidly quick without any competitive game play in it.

The whole point of Mir is to build a guild and fight for bosses and Sabuk.

I'll be honest, I've stayed quiet on this because I knew how much of a **** storm the thread would end up being since i saw the poll put up. Personally for me I'm only slightly swayed towards non drops maybe 60/40 and i absolutely love to fight. Whether I win or not is another matter but i've highlighted a few key points that you said Piff to make a point. None of your examples were done, or rarely done, for PK drops. I was always in and around BW storage fights even as a spectator and half of your examples are in designated fight zones. We were never fighting there or at bookshop to gain an item...it was almost always for bragging rights or to settle a difference. Talk **** Get Hit etc and they happened there because the contest room was either too far to go "step outside sz" kind of talk or to broad allowing people to run for days (unlike the tight storage/shop). The OKS fights were never about items, they were about the boss.

I understand to a degree what both camps are saying but correct me if i'm wrong. It was a rare occurrence to see players target specific players in the hope of getting an item and even then it was only really vs the top tier half of which almost always hunted in packs. The fighting as i recall it mostly happened in KRs/Upper floors, Levelling spots, Designated fight zones (bw storage on m2 or bookshop on m3 for example). This body drop "reward" was only a secondary motive, if something dropped then it was a cherry on top but realistically you never went out for that.

You geared for war in boss rooms because you knew the spawn time and that "x" guild was on its way I remember some awesome fights on both Mirs specifically for the boss and the chance of that dropping an item, your reward was the boss. ZT fights because you needed the relic, your reward is a shot at the grandest stage of them all, the biggest E-penis boost on mir ... who controls SW (& DMW on M3) which themselves offered their own private caves/bonuses. You foght in town with the mouthy idiot your reward was the bragging rights and the customary screenshot that went with the kill. You fought at the best levelling spots simply because you wanted to level there, your reward was the cave/spot until they inevitably came back to regain it. You activated guild wars and formed alliances if one guild was hogging the subs you needed and you went to attack them without fear of punishment purely because you could.

Not a single one of them as i remember it were primarily motivated about what anyone had on them. In this server Jamie has made it that effectively you can see where guilds are in what cave, if they are heading to your boss so you can mobilise to go there or avoid it and hit another. No longer will stacking behind doors be an effective tactic and the sheer range of spells and other content that m3 offers i really dont understand why all this fuss over something that was never REALLY that important to begin with. Not having body drops doesnt mean you cant get what is in people's bags ie items that dropped from the sub en route to the boss, only now you will know who is holding the items thanks to observer. It also means that some of the lower levels/cowards that previously would have abandoned the fight are now more inclined to fight back.

Think BW storage on a mass scale. We were happy to fight anyone, any level in there because we wouldnt drop our best gear...except now on this server it is back to the good days of mir3 where a level 30 tao will try and take on a level 45 warrior and hope they can avoid beckon, or a level 38 warrior will fancy themselves against a 50 wiz because of his chance to land that bladestorm when a shield drops irrespective of a plethora of spells ie geo/tempest/MS that never misses. People can manage losing dura and exp and end up feeling like Leeroy Jenkins going into fights for bosses/areas because you no longer care that its 10v5, you're gonna give it a good ****ing go anyway.

Just my rather large 10p worth. I'm all in favor of keeping it how it is planned but i would encourage Jamie to add in some Battleground style caves where literally anything goes, entry via NPC that asks are you sure (maybe even make Mystery Ship an all drop zone?) like you see in a lot of games and monthly/weekly PvP competitions that can be easily automated as seen on a few servers previous. 1v1, 3v3, class based, LMS etc I don't buy the whole first 2 floors safezone thing, not sure why that would make a difference when you can fight for the boss as it is.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Here is my take on it. Im 60/40 to the argument for no pk body drops.

I played GSP server and was rank No1 and No2 for a good while. I encountered many fights and group fights vs me solo, I spent 95% of my time solo hunting, except for Ice tiger guild fights. most of the time i was fighting TGW in banyo island or cave. what was enjoyable for me was fighting vs any amount of players that i faced, not to gain or lose items but to push the limits and kick players out of the cave or off that boss. ICe tiger was the biggest Fight scene, Everyone died loads times. With body drops nobody would turn up or would be in shop kit, you died so often even at level 80. its how mir 3 is on GSP and korean. if you watch the observer function you will see how many times people die in game.

My biggest concern currently is that with pk drop from body on stealth pk for kit will breed a toxic play style exactly like it did on marble, some will do this for £££ as they have no job or can earn more money from one pk drop in then a months work. The hassle with this alone is why the issue is such a difficult one. Me and Jamie have made quite a few players quit over the years from them dropping and losing kit to us.

Mir 3 weapon upgrade system is such a vast and time/money consuming process. Im sure people that put there effort into there upgrading and crafting will not want to see a 6months or years worth of work go to some lucky pker.

My opinion is directly related to time spent on offical korean and GSP not any other mir 3 server as i have never played them. the game would need a complete re balance if body drops were enabled, the game/skills/ stats are all designed around no body drops.

Although i know your a super grinder the same with Jamie, i feel you and Jamie are going off your personal opinions to be honest, lets face it you both Enjoy PVE way more than PVP, When i started chronicles you and Jamie was like 5 levels clear of everybody else as 2 Assassins and nobody was even getting close till yous quit and i've never once really seen either of you fight, Jamie used to get rolled on Archons a lot ( He was a hunter he didnt have much chance ) and i'd see You fight a little on Marble towards the end with your Mental kid, besides that your just grinders and i think that your letting that shadowing your judgement on this pk situation. p.s its 60% they want body drops, more like 70% once you factor in the other thread.

As for ££ for items, it just don't matter what you do to stop this, Lkira will just offer like 500£ to ever gets the drop and most will sell even though most don't need the money it's hard to turn down what he offer for an image.

Last edited:

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
if the truth of the matter makes me look like a dick or what not i don't really care tbh what other reasons would there be for these PVE players to not want body drops? its because there worried about losing something. they've never had a problem with it in the past until it became a choice.

end of the day we will see the out come after a couple of months regardless if he wants to listen or not.

all i'm saying the people who play for PK/risk factor will get bored and leave and if 73 players isn't enough to make someone realize then there is something strangely wrong, because them players will stop playing once they are bored of killing people constantly and getting nothing out of it, you can only beat someone so many times without reward before it starts to feel pointless or disheartened.

if 73 out of - 150 - 200 people wanted something would you compromise or find a way in between to help cater more than one type of player?

end of the day its a business for Jamie and if he is willing to upset a lot of his customers over something like this that people have became fond of over so many years of playing Mir thats not a good start.

The poll doesn't state, PK drops or i dont play, its just a preference. Not all 73 of those voters will actually stop playing.

PK'ers play for the fights, that isnt going away and their will be more fights with no body drops on.

The main issue i see which has been mentioned lots from pkers, is that these so called pve carebears end up dominating the bosses (due to strength in numbers apparently) and stop pkers killing them, so the only way pkers will have of getting items is with body drops. If those so demanding of body drops guild up, then surely you will then have the numbers and greater PvP skills to smash these PvE carebears at bosses and get the items?

Piff1 said:
As for the people not playing for PK, i'm not denying the launch will be huge and they will all log on to give it ago but believe me there's only long u can keep fighting for in town ( Which loads of people love to do ) without getting a reward for it, it would just get Stale and boring.. The argument is never ending Pottsy, Lions, Jicca the PVE lovers are going to keep arguing their point's and the Pkers will argue theirs, fact is there's a lot more Pkers left than PVERs it's just straight up facts and it will slowly effect the usercount.

I wont ever understand wanting to be rewarded for town fighting. Surely town fighting is simply bragging rights, and with body drops on would always open people up to being sniped when low/repotting etc. You want to spend most your time dicking in town while others kill bosses for items, then you try to snipe them in the hope they drop? How about stop dicking around in town and go kill some bosses?
Spend the time fighting for a cave/sub/boss, then you will have a reward. Alternatively Jamie could introduce a PvP arena where u have body drops on if all you want is reward for town fighting, however i imagine people will just turn up in kit they are not bothered to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.