Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Got any of that popcorn left Jamie?

Have a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I'm all out :(

Need tesco's to deliver some.

So far the only reasoning I can see in this thread is they want to kill people for their kit so it stops them coming back and fighting for the boss (this is only for the low levels because any other boss would be too far away).

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Why would you NOT use DC hermits as an assassin...?

The amount of Damage from MP is less than Half that of just getting DC.

i meant assassins never used DC pig.

black horse was never in game.

assassins used 1 life steal brace ring neck.

this assassin in the clip is level 54.. 34-134 dc explain were the missing DC to make upto 300? even getting +3 on each hermit being lucky doesnt add up.

and he has 50+ wep also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVhhnykd7g

also PLEASE explain how any assassin could solo any boss in shop items? without lifesteal. honestly i think you're trying to argue for the sake of it now, you and i both know how assassins worked.

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah I think my action packed thread drained everyone's supplies. Better et stocked up for when the real gossip is posted.

OT; personally think there should be more of a penalty to dying than just losing a boss, or a cave/area. But do understand the desire to remove body drops on PK. I would say to keep everybody happy have the chance to drop a single item at idk say 1/40. Just so it's always in people's minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
No I'm all out :(

Need tesco's to deliver some.

So far the only reasoning I can see in this thread is they want to kill people for their kit so it stops them coming back and fighting for the boss (this is only for the low levels because any other boss would be too far away).

Its not the main reason some of us have. I agree pking someone to take the boss is itself reward enough, and as you say you should be able to kill a boss before they return. If you cant kill it before they return then you dont deserve to. I used to do it a lot, but let them nearly kill the boss first and save my pots, while it is annoying for people on the receiving end at least they didn't lose any kit.

I prefer it more for when you have big build v guild rivalries. Allows you to weaken the enemy, and visa verse, but losing entire kits does suck.

PK below level 33 is pointless on any server.

MrMatt

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2011
Mir has always been about pvp losing items gaining items its the fun of mir, if pk drops are off i feel a lot of players will be put off. I vote on, pvp is a main factor off Mir ....

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I've always thought that something should be in place to stop letting people grief low levels, because it's simply a dick move as there is clearly never a benefit to it.

But ultimately don't give a **** lol, about PK death drops, under the assumption Mob death drops will still be a thing as i sometimes come across peoples body drops :)

If i don't drop on PK, it benefits me. If others don't drop on PK, i really couldn't care less. Most of my fights are based in and around boss fights, other than that i really don't give a ****...my focus would be the boss anyway.

The biggest crying section will be from the Mir2 players...if PK drops wern't or aren't a thing in the current version, then i imagine the Mir3 players won't know no difference.

Jamies choice, if you want it that way...then make it that way lol...simple really. If no PK drops were the norm on official Mir3, then it's time for you muppets to wake up and realise your playing a Mir3 style...time to suck it up.

Last edited:

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
why not people just have the killer gain exp or gold when they kill someone

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
For me, every single server should have pk on drops. As is tradition from the official servers

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
It's funny that people are arguing against whatever decision he wants to make , it's his ****ing server lol he can do what he wants , and if you don't like it piss off and play something else. The servers still in Alpha testing yet some of you think you have a god given right to dictate how he should run his server , some of you probably haven't even ever played mir3 yet you feel you can tell him what to do. Hope he doesn't listen to some of your brain dead comments

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
It's funny that people are arguing against whatever decision he wants to make , it's his ****ing server lol he can do what he wants , and if you don't like it piss off and play something else. The servers still in Alpha testing yet some of you think you have a god given right to dictate how he should run his server , some of you probably haven't even ever played mir3 yet you feel you can tell him what to do. Hope he doesn't listen to some of your brain dead comments

Ill just copy paste what Alpha test means .....

The team that conducts the alpha test is often an independent test team, perhaps made up of potential users/customers. Alpha testing involves simulating a real user environment by carrying out tasks and operations that the actual users might perform. Once software passes the alpha test, it is considered for the next phase of testing called beta testing.
The meaning of alpha also can differ based on whether the project is custom software done for a client. In this case, alpha testing implies an initial meeting between software vendor and client to ensure that the client's requirements are properly met by the developer in terms of the performance, functionality and durability of the software program.

if you read that you will notice that alpha testers are supposed to try to help direct the Developers so that they can build a product that is appropriate for its customers

WE are its customers you pleb

he is not making the server for him self its making it for the community (because he wants people to play)

Yes jamie can do what he wants but if your customers dont like something about your product it is the customers job to inform the developer Especially when the product is in such early stages (and can still easily be changed)

no decent game company would just tell its players to piss off

its funny that you dont understand that

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

No one is really arguing, it's called discussion. It's entirely up to Jamie what he does, people know they don't have control. Discussion. Few debates about what people themselves would like to see. Discussion. He asked permission from Jamie to post a thread asking for input, and got it. Discussion.
Discussion.

Last edited:

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
No pk drops till a certain level as people will grief newbies and don't want them being put off and not achieving anything.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
With no level real level caps, it needs to be changed to bring the game forward to a more modern standard, but at the same time I know it needs to keep the nostalgic feeling.

I feel 1 of 2 ways it could be done to keep most people happy.

1. Add an Honor system, pretty much the same as WoW, you gain Honor points for each kill and you can spend the points on various items (benes, buffs etc..). A 10 or so level gap would be required to stop expoilting.

2. Add a 5-10 level gap which stops you from body dropping if some kills you.
Player A (level 50) kills Player B (level 47), Player B can drop from body.
Player C (level 50) kills Player D (level 43), Player D will not drop from body.

As a casual player I prefer the 2nd idea.

With one of these 2 systems, the casuals are safe to enjoy the game, and the non stop players can all battle it out with each other with the risk still there.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Its a debate/discussion.

To to see what players enjoy more personally I play Mir because of the risk of pk.

Carebears ruin the game for the hardcore players, who play for the same reasons as I do and by the poll most feel the same.

Jamie said aid he would look at the poll and take it into consideration

And finally I'm origanlly a mir3 player who ended up playing mir2 due to the usercount, played mir3 8-10 years before even trying Mir 2 and the server Jamie is recreation i played level 74 assassin 83 being highes level so I know what I'm talking about.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
With no level real level caps, it needs to be changed to bring the game forward to a more modern standard, but at the same time I know it needs to keep the nostalgic feeling.

1. Add an Honor system, pretty much the same as WoW, you gain Honor points for each kill and you can spend the points on various items (benes, buffs etc..). A 10 or so level gap would be required to stop expoilting.

Player C (level 50) kills Player D (level 43), Player D will not drop from body.

With one of these 2 systems, the casuals are safe to enjoy the game, and the non stop players can all battle it out with each other with the risk still there.
Claps

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
No one is really arguing, it's called discussion. It's entirely up to Jamie what he does, people know they don't have control. Discussion. Few debates about what people themselves would like to see. Discussion. He asked permission from Jamie to post a thread asking for input, and got it. Discussion.
Discussion.

Can you stop arguing about it ffs? IT'S A DISCUSSION!

Just to point out these points have been brought up before,

1) only works if you also LOSE honour points upon death, equal to the amount the person gained from killing you. It was also recommended so that you cannot gain more than X lots of honour points from the same person in a single day. (X times you've pk'd them) Where X is a reasonable number.

I like the idea, and it creates more of a risk if you know you're losing honour points every death. Especially if these honour points when stacked up enough can buy some nice things.

2) was added to marble, works perfectly fine, except in scenarios where the difference in damage between levels is so tiny that people stop levelling just to be able to kill others with no penalty. I.E Levels of items/upgrades/spells and so forth would need to be carefully thought out.

I prefer the first option personally, with perhaps a bit of the second mixed in for safety for starting players.

Last edited:

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
OMG since when did MIR become a babies game???

Going back many years ago lol ( euro mir time before it closed ) there were TWO server you could choose to play on Dragon and Phoenix and if memory serves me correctly Dagon had the highest user count and it had pk ..... Phoenix was typically a care bear server and a lower count.

PK is an integral part of ANY mmorpg, so why do people cry constantly "no pk no pk" ... You leave your house , drive your car , ride your bike ect KNOWING that at any moment you could get knocked over hit , killed ect ... does it stop you from leaving your house...........NO

so why should PK no PK stop players from playing mir?????

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Hell even U.S.A mir had pk it was part of the fun running round at Yimms or PD watching for certain Firm members lol made your heart race made levelling and getting the kits you had worth something. Rather than just an item, it added value.

Lets be fair 99% servers these days literally give items away anyway.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
PK is an integral part of ANY mmorpg, so why do people cry constantly "no pk no pk" ... You leave your house , drive your car , ride your bike ect KNOWING that at any moment you could get knocked over hit , killed ect ... does it stop you from leaving your house...........NO

so why should PK no PK stop players from playing mir?????

There is nothing stopping anyone still PK'n even if no body drops was added. It is just the majority of players who can play 24/7 will want body drops because they are usually capable in a fight and always have the level advantage, whereas the remaining players (casuals) do not have time to power level and want to enjoy the game without being killed by a 24/7 player for no reason other than that possible 1 good item you were lucky enough to get from farming trash monsters.

I honestly don't mind PK in Mir, I may even fight back if I am in the mood, I will however straight up quit if I was to be 1 shot by someone 20 levels higher than me and then drop the only useful item I have.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
its an easy fix on U.S.A there was a scroll you could purchase from the gameshop ... 1 hr and 3 hr ones that stopped body dropping on death. Both by PK and Mob

Status
Not open for further replies.