Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Assassin simply needs to wait for magic shield to drop and use flash of light, dead wiz 100% of the time guaranteed, nothing the wiz can do about that.

Being 1 hit in general is fine, as long as you can see it coming. But if you could just be stood still and suddenly die from an invisible assassin, then something will need to be put in place to stop being **** on as a Wiz.

Perhaps a 1 hit immunity when using that skill specifically? Under the assumption this skill can be used with invisibility?

its an easy fix on U.S.A there was a scroll you could purchase from the gameshop ... 1 hr and 3 hr ones that stopped body dropping on death. Both by PK and Mob

Stupid idea...thats border line pay to win products. Not everyone has the money to flaunt to stop dropping their best kit 24/7.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
OMG since when did MIR become a babies game???

Going back many years ago lol ( euro mir time before it closed ) there were TWO server you could choose to play on Dragon and Phoenix and if memory serves me correctly Dagon had the highest user count and it had pk ..... Phoenix was typically a care bear server and a lower count.

PK is an integral part of ANY mmorpg, so why do people cry constantly "no pk no pk" ... You leave your house , drive your car , ride your bike ect KNOWING that at any moment you could get knocked over hit , killed ect ... does it stop you from leaving your house...........NO

so why should PK no PK stop players from playing mir?????

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Hell even U.S.A mir had pk it was part of the fun running round at Yimms or PD watching for certain Firm members lol made your heart race made levelling and getting the kits you had worth something. Rather than just an item, it added value.

Lets be fair 99% servers these days literally give items away anyway.

No-one is saying no pk. Being able to pk will be in the game, it makes mir, some people are anti pk drops.

you are on about the mir2 servers this is mir3, and as previously stated in this thread has never had pk body drops on euro or global. Euro had death drops from mobs, global had none at all. Both of them were quite successful.

I am pro pk/pk drops, but do disagree with people killing others much lower level that have no chance simply to take their items. It quickly kills a server off when people quit due to losing their good items to people who already have better and kill them simple because they can.

We are also hoping Jamie is going down a truly official style low rate exp/drop rate, and not everyone running around in great gear after a few weeks.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Stupid idea...thats border line pay to win products. Not everyone has the money to flaunt to stop dropping their best kit 24/7.
I did not mean Jamie has to charge players for it lol , I used it as an example meaning you could set a scroll to stop body drops for x amount of time. Maybe make it a craftable item. That way players can keep their kits safe to a degree .

Like I said just an idea it covers though worried bout dropping kits

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
You will get alot more PK with drops off, the amount of crying jamie will get when sins are one hitting people from flash of light or the the spell from invis

people will rt/tt as soon as they are wrath grip or pulled from across the screen with the war spell if drops are on

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Would just make the gold / items buyers even more god like, thats like the only counter to people who pay irl cash for kit is to Pk it, most of the time they are playing from an Arabic Country so their not to hard to get the kill on normally.

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
I agree that more PVP happens without death drops. Speaking from personal experience.. I hold back a lot more when there is a big risk factor involved, than if its just about going red/penal. I don't particularly care either way, but I feel no pk drops works best for the majority of the community. Im sure we all knew at least one person who quit in a rage after dropping a rare item in pvp back on the old ignis/gelu server :)

Da Warrio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
What about insteaf of dropping items you drop cash? So like 2.5% of what is in bag. So there is an incentive to pvp/pk but to the person who lost it cash it is not as big an issue as losing a rare item?

JustAUser

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2017
The fact your debating having pk drops on..

No pk versions of caves with 50% of the drop rates should be available.

Ik I won't be playing if I have to hope an archer finishes people off lol.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
What about insteaf of dropping items you drop cash? So like 2.5% of what is in bag. So there is an incentive to pvp/pk but to the person who lost it cash it is not as big an issue as losing a rare item?

Yea but the problem with that is people will just use secondary accounts to store the cash

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Honestly....people aren't going to give a **** lol.

Don't even remember the last time a PK drop was actually worth the amount of time it takes to kill someone that constantly RTs, TTs, Runs etc lol...

The fights that reap the most rewards 95% of the time, are the boss fights. You fight to secure the boss for the drop...rarely do the players you're fighting drop anything worth it to you...i'm sure it will barely be noticed lol

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Honestly....people aren't going to give a **** lol.

Don't even remember the last time a PK drop was actually worth the amount of time it takes to kill someone that constantly RTs, TTs, Runs etc lol...

The fights that reap the most rewards 95% of the time, are the boss fights. You fight to secure the boss for the drop...rarely do the players you're fighting drop anything worth it to you...i'm sure it will barely be noticed lol

Quoted for truth....

The only 'rare' PK drop I ever remember was on Ignis server back in the day, when a Chinese player took off their Obliteration Mace to PK someone, went red and was killed by guards and dropped the Mace from his bag, ha. He was a nice bloke too!

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
there are a lot of valuable items on Mir 3.

that are worth pking and life steal set being one of them.

spirit set being another.

next too any 50+ wep

so for you to say 'rare' items is clear you don't know mir 3 at all.

also people clearly do give a ****? look at the poll more than 50% of voters not many yet but still alot more for than against pk drops...

and the game would be completely busted, without PK drops if any warrior wizard tao gets there hands on full spirit set its game over since you cant drop from body.

Last edited:

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
I voted no body drops. They do not belong in a MMO imo but rather fit better in a survival game like Rust. The body drop mechanic by design is cancerous and there are others ways of getting loot other than off players. MMOs are made for the long run and something you worked hard to get to should not be able to be lost in a day which is a great way to lose a player. Winning a fight at a boss is more than enough to feel the victory than to risk someone quitting your server as they just lost the fight and have become weaker. No body drops means fighting to the death or taking that extra chance to think you will live through a certain scenario which would be nice to see rather than rt/tts and there is no fear for the player by design.

Your server will have connection issues and people will die and there will also be imbalances in classes and people will die due to it and it wouldn't be their fault either so why should a player be punished that hard for dying? There are ways to to handle the death mechanic to make players actually care to not die and be penalized for it but a mechanic that will risk your players to keep playing to me from a game mechanic standpoint makes no sense.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
there are a lot of valuable items on Mir 3.

that are worth pking and life steal set being one of them.

spirit set being another.

next too any 50+ wep

so for you to say 'rare' items is clear you don't know mir 3 at all.

also people clearly do give a ****? look at the poll more than 50% of voters not many yet but still alot more for than against pk drops...

and the game would be completely busted, without PK drops if any warrior wizard tao gets there hands on full spirit set its game over since you cant drop from body.

You're arguing about something I have not said once?

Just because people THINK it's going to make a big difference to them, doesn't mean it will. I've played for a long time, and it's just simple fact (Or a very bad string of luck on my part), that it is so so rare for something WORTHY to drop out of PKing someone.

I have not once said it NEVER drops, or there ISN'T any rares to drop...Just that it barely happens because of the way people play (RTing, TTing, Running).

Constantly throwing the fact people are Mir2 or Mir3 players makes no fking difference in this (And tbh that argument became dry a long time ago). Both versions I have barely seen an item worth a damn out of random PK drops, by the time you do, you've likely lost something as rare if not more so. The most common case i see, is people dying red, by Guards as someone previously said lol. I once got a JMace and Recall Ring like that...never seen anything like it from general PKing unless you're lucky.

The main argument is that people think it will stop PKing because there will be no reward....There isn't REALLY an award anyway.

The poll results are useless if the main reason people vote is for the sake of drops lol.

Last edited:

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
just add a weekly PvP Tournament with high rate body drop so the freaks can enjoy it. Easy.

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
I've only ever played on 5 Mir servers; official Mir2 EU, official Mir3 EU, official Mir3 Global, Acem2 and Chronicles. Only one of those had no PvP drops on and on that server I experienced more PvP than the other 4 combined.

PvP drops in MMOs is an outdated concept that today only works in a small number of niche games. It does not encourage PvP, It only fosters toxicity in the community. The fact that "PK" has been mentioned 71 times in this topic and "PvP" has been mentioned 9 times shows the mentality of the Mir community.

Ruining another player's enjoyment by ganking them and taking their items should never be an incentive to PvP and if bragging rights, boss kills and leveling spots are not enough of a reason to kill an enemy then consider K/D ratios, scoreboards and honour points.

You could compromise and have a few powerful items purchasable and upgrade-able with honour points that can be dropped in PvP. However, it would need to be restricted to only a few items slots (maybe even only 1 or 2) as to not detract from the need to gain items through PvE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.