Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ruining another player's enjoyment by ganking them and taking their items should never be an incentive to PvP and if bragging rights, boss kills and leveling spots are not enough of a reason to kill an enemy then consider K/D ratios, scoreboards and honour points.

Finally someone speaking sense lol.

Like this idea :) and the rewards system too. I've never been one for randomly PKing someone (Unless it's for pay back lol), but this would give me a reason to kill someone other than for the sake of bosses.

Last edited:

WildGirl

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 26, 2013
Ethernet
I've only ever played on 5 Mir servers; official Mir2 EU, official Mir3 EU, official Mir3 Global, Acem2 and Chronicles. Only one of those had no PvP drops on and on that server I experienced more PvP than the other 4 combined.

PvP drops in MMOs is an outdated concept that today only works in a small number of niche games. It does not encourage PvP, It only fosters toxicity in the community. The fact that "PK" has been mentioned 71 times in this topic and "PvP" has been mentioned 9 times shows the mentality of the Mir community.

Ruining another player's enjoyment by ganking them and taking their items should never be an incentive to PvP and if bragging rights, boss kills and leveling spots are not enough of a reason to kill an enemy then consider K/D ratios, scoreboards and honour points.

You could compromise and have a few powerful items purchasable and upgrade-able with honour points that can be dropped in PvP. However, it would need to be restricted to only a few items slots (maybe even only 1 or 2) as to not detract from the need to gain items through PvE.

Agreed with everything said above.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Apex bandwagon...

Lol.

Majority of players voting to keep the game the same way it's been for almost 2 decades, without proof it works better than not having it because people are stuck in their ways...couple of people support an actual constructive alternative opinion and suggestion, based on fact from previous servers....and accused of jumping on the band wagon?

Not all were born to be sheep ;)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Could always split it into 2 sides like Turok did back in the day, sure it wasn't for pk it was for a different idea like high / low rate or some ****. PvE on one side Pkers on other, with an npc in SZ to tele to either side so its not a Command or option that can be explioted whilst fighting.. Take Pk drops out i'll 100% tell you now this server wont get the usercount it would of if left as it is, remember even though its a mir 3 server more than 80% of the usercount will be coming from mir2.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Honestly though, wouldn't a true fan of Mir PvP be happy to play with body drops turned off?

The only one's really caring about having them turned off are the ones who get cheap kills on casual players who might have 1 useful item they could drop.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
will get boring real fast without any reward PKing..

winning the boss isn't always enough.

should always be risk/reward

look how fast GSP died without PK drops/updates.

look at zentaur own items / basically no PK drops as there 'own items' didn't last long, server is still online but usercount is at rock bottom 40+ on a good day from 150+.

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

If Mir has a cap level to stop people being so far ahead that they can 1 shot other players then I may agree, but without a level cap it would be silly to only reward the hardcore players just because they are 20 levels higher than the next group of people. There would be no incentive to go to any bosses as a casual player, as there is no reward at all.

Also there would be so much more competition for bosses without body drops, smaller guilds would be willing to go fight for a boss if they know they cannot drop their kit. I'm sure I don't want another server too end up as a 2 guild server, it's just pointless in playing unless you happen to be in 1 of the 2 guilds running the server.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
If Mir has a cap level to stop people being so far ahead that they can 1 shot other players then I may agree, but without a level cap it would be silly to only reward the hardcore players just because they are 20 levels higher than the next group of people. There would be no incentive to go to any bosses as a casual player, as there is no reward at all.

Also there would be so much more competition for bosses without body drops, smaller guilds would be willing to go fight for a boss if they know they cannot drop their kit. I'm sure I don't want another server too end up as a 2 guild server, it's just pointless in playing unless you happen to be in 1 of the 2 guilds running the server.

like i already mentioned before on this thread.

there should be a player gap between levels for example.

if a player level 60 kills a player level 30-45, there should be no body drops.

if a level 60 player kills a level 50-60 player then body drops should be enabled.

there should be something for EVERYONE, not just the carebears imo, its unfair on the people who like the risk/reward game play i myself and a lot of players i play with/know play for the same reason's and NO pk drops is a big turn off for a lot of players, no doubt they will still play but for how long?

Last edited:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
like i already mentioned before on this thread.

there should be a player gap between levels for example.

if a player level 60 kills a player level 30-45, there should be no body drops.

if a level 60 player kills a level 50-60 player then body drops should be enabled.

there should be something for EVERYONE, not just the carebears imo, its unfair on the people who like the risk/reward game play i myself and a lot of players i play with/know play for the same reason's and NO pk drops is a big turn off for a lot of played, no doubt they will still play but for how long?

I'm fine with what you just said, it may be worth playing it out seeing how much stronger people are regarding level gaps, if a level 60 can 1-3 shot a level 50 then the 10 level gap is not enough, it would need to be reduced slightly. May be worth seeing if Jamie can get some people to do a wide range of level differences and find out what the best level gap difference would be for body drops to be active.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

look how fast GSP died without PK drops/updates.

look at zentaur own items / basically no PK drops as there 'own items' didn't last long, server is still online but usercount is at rock bottom 40+ on a good day from 150+.

Own items didnt had that big impact because if you lose item, you need pay gold and famepoints, and some ZentaurItems can be returned at gm for 30-50% value for who gets it as a bounty reward.
But the usercount wasnt the problem of that, usually some players had disputes (guild changes etc..), and some trolls went in game... long story anyway...

After i read that jamies will use the gsp special repair schedule (morning and evening..or?) and i bet he will add special repair oil into ganeshop..he punished players already by pushing them to carry x2 sets in maps with more floors than 3

And about grind.. mir3 players arent up for grind...mir2 players yes but mir3 no, some one said about Private Servers that tend to higher the exp so players can reach the content and get bored after.. well... what if i told you i had like 3-4 players that grinded the shi.t out of maps and try hard lvling for hours and other players were afk in bichon/chatting or mining in deadpit

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
After i read that jamies will use the gsp special repair schedule (morning and evening..or?) and i bet he will add special repair oil into ganeshop..he punished players already by pushing them to carry x2 sets in maps with more floors than 3

I have? Damn things are changing more than I remember.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Right...

So I repair my Bracelet at anytime I want... I can do another repair on that bracelet any time after 8 hours

Nothing about that is like GSP.

You added this option to copy paste wemade gameshop where is that repair oil that special repair your kit

But let's not skip on the reply you posted before

For all mir3/2 players... Simple Repair repairs your armor cheaper while you lose some dura of it, Special Repair repairs your kit while you dont lose dura of it

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
You added this option to copy paste wemade gameshop where is that repair oil that special repair your kit

But let's not skip on the reply you posted before

For all mir3/2 players... Simple Repair repairs your armor cheaper while you lose some dura of it, Special Repair repairs your kit while you dont lose dura of it

No i add this option because its what people are used to as the repair costs before were excessive.

Please leave your attempt to troll is abysmal.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

No i add this option because its what people are used to as the repair costs before were excessive.

Please leave your attempt to troll is abysmal.

So for example one player have a item with a value of 100$, he is either forced to Special Repair every with the every 8hours repair or spend money to buy special repair oils from gameshop to mantain the durability of that item

I dont troll your topic but looks like you troll your own players

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
So for example one player have a item with a value of 100$, he is either forced to Special Repair every with the every 8hours repair or spend money to buy special repair oils from gameshop to mantain the durability of that item

I dont troll your topic but looks like you troll your own players

Firstly Items will never have a value of $100 because I am not going to be allowing items to be sold/brought. Permanent bans will ensue should it happen, I don't care who it is or how many people.

I don't even have a cash shop yet, what the hell is wrong with your brain for you to start crying about what might or might not be in the shop.

Why do I even try to reply to you, You cannot comprehend what i say anyway.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Firstly Items will never have a value of $100 because I am not going to be allowing items to be sold/brought. Permanent bans will ensue should it happen, I don't care who it is or how many people.

I don't even have a cash shop yet, what the hell is wrong with your brain for you to start crying about what might or might not be in the shop.

Why do I even try to reply to you, You cannot comprehend what i say anyway.

I dont know why i post on this server anyway too, but Exwizz posted something about my server and own system and i felt guilty for give some explanations

Perhaps i like to see when you throw that intelectual words you read them on morning covfefe (lmao)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I dont know why i post on this server anyway too, but Exwizz posted something about my server and own system and i felt guilty for give some explanations

Perhaps i like to see when you throw that intelectual words you read them on morning covfefe (lmao)

...What?.... Could you maybe use your native language I think google translator might do a better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.