Cryptocurrency Investment & Trading

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Anybody following the boom of blockchain technology and the financial ecosystems surrounding it?

Anyone trading or investing in it?

Been engrossed in it for a year now and still amazed everyday with how far the tech can go, and the amount of power being drained from centralised institutions, or the shear quantity of money/value that moves in such small time frames.

Funny story about the rise of crypto goes around about a guy with a hangover in 2010 who offered Bitcoin to anyone willing to make and deliver him 2 pizzas. At the time the amount of BTC he paid equalled about $30. Today it would be worth $22million. The most expensive pizzas probably ever.

It is certainly the future, everyone should be aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I was into mining when I could actually mine with my video card. Now days I couldn't careless about crypto's. Remember when that doggy coin got famous lol. Me and my friends moved on once bitcoin, litecoin got UN-minable.

I hope they have since added better methods to buying crypto, there was always these backdoored wishy washy sites that would want your id credit card and passport photocopy lol. You would literally have to launder you money through 2 or 3 sites before you got a chance to buy any type of coin.
Then that one major site went belly up and millions of bitcoin went 'missing'. (The CEOS were all like "dont look at me i dunno what happened" Lol) Then also you had to basically launder your money through those sites again to get it back. Its left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Well its all much smoother these days. You can transfer to an exchange from your bank account and have it to trade within a few hours, withdrawing is just as simple too. You can send money seamlessly with minimal fees to any exchange wallet in the world. For example i had Ethereum in my Kraken account (Crypto exchange based in Munich), and i wanted to buy IOTA when it launched, but could only buy it on Bitfinex (California based exchange) for USD. So i transfered some ETH from my Kraken wallet to Bitfinex wallet, sold ETH/USD and then bought USD/IOTA, all within about 90mins and at a total cost of 0.12% i think, roughly. If id transfered the same amount in a fiat currency around the world like that id be looking at border fees, taxes, all sorts of losses.

Yeah Mt. Gox was a farce unfortunatly put alot of people off. You should take a look at the space again the technology behind everything has come on leaps and bounds.

Take a look at IOTA (Internet Of Things Association), on wikipedia or wherever. Such a futuristic concept and will change the world once mass adoption kicks in. Risen from $0.20 to $1 in last month or so, will be worth alot more once the worlds hardware catches up enough to use it to its full potential, we already have semi-automated Uber taxis, and UK testing Wifi powered driverless lorries next year. Future is alot clsoer than most think.

Also your Litecoin, has done well today. Up 14% at $72, i think it'll hit $100 in next few days.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Btc-e.com has been seized? Damn that was the exchange I followed from time to time.

Bitcoin’s largest and most notorious coin exchanges was brought down by law enforcement — and police and prosecutors are now beginning to explain why. On Thursday, the Department of Justice unsealed an indictment against Alexander Vinnik — thought to be the operator, or one of the operators of Bitcoin exchange BTC-e — charging him with 21 counts of money laundering and other related financial crimes. The counts range from operating an unlicensed money transmittal business to a variety of money laundering charges, including laundering associated with ransomware payouts and a theft from the now-defunct Mt Gox exchange. More generally, the indictment paints BTC-e as a hub of criminal activity, laundering the proceeds of everything from drug trafficking to ransomware attacks.

Good news for my ltc, but damn cant believe btc-e...

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah those sneaky Russians. They relaunched the site today with limited functionality. See what comes of it.

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
I think we've spoken briefly about it on here previously in another thread Dave.

But I am heavily involved and have been lucky enough to get in to a few ICO's on the ground level due to a friend who is extremely involved.

BAT/GNT/ANS(Neo) being the main ones which I invested in.

Aside from the obvious ETH/BTC/XPR - BTC I started getting in at around $800 and have continued to purchase all the way up to around $2.5k - I then sold some at around $2.8k and more at $4.3k to cover all my investments.

So I am actually in for £0 now.

Everything I own is effectively free of charge and sits at around 180 ETH / 3.3 BTC / 6990 XPR / 18000 GNT and 40 ANS - so I'm pretty chuffed with the boom. I just hope to continue riding the wave to early retirement.

TO THE MOON! HODDDDLLLLLLL ETTTTTTHHHHHEEERRREEEEUM.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
**** China.

Recovery underway nonetheless.

I'm on 49 ETH, 1200 WTC, 2300 IOTA and 330 OMG. Getting on the Internxt ICO tomorrow night and possibly DBet end of the month.

I did the same I'm trading for free after withdrawing 200% my initial investment for house ****.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
still, think there's better ways to make/invest money,

Few friends do it... I do like the free games they send my way when they upgrade the GPU's ;)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Lol do share? Some of these coins jump 300% a day. With the right info you can ride the crest and cash out ready for the next one.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Any tips for some1 that doesnt know **** about investing in cryptocurrency and trading them l8er?
Some tutorials worth watching or books worth reading.
I'm kind of a skeptical person..thinking something like..if a person makes money with this, some1 else needs to loose theirs..like what's the scheme? :P

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Cryptocurrency Investment &amp;amp; Trading

Isn't as cut and dry as that really.

Trader A buys CoinX for $20, it rises to $25 and Trader B buys it, it rises to $30 and Trader B sells it.

In this instance everybody wins.

Trader A buys CoinA at $30, the market takes a downswing and Trader A panics and sells at $25 to Trader B, who rides out the downswing and sells it on when it rises back to $50.

Find Crypto Coin Trader group on Faye Spuck. A lot of good stuff posted in there and helpful people.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
After hitting a new all time high of $5000 per coin, Bitcoin has went through a major pullback (healthy, happens all the time in wall street too).

It retreated all the way back to $3000 and has found support, and the buying has started again, with it reaching $3600 again in just 2 hours. Entire market should be going on a bull (upward) run now, just want to leave some current prices here and compare at year end. If ever there was a time to get invested now is the time while everything is on sale, but its rising quickly. (I made $210 in the time its taken to type this, winning)

Bottomed at;

Bitcoin - $3000
Ethereum - $200
Litecoin - $33
OmiseGo - $8
NEO - $15
Rise - $0.24
IOTA - $0.40

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Heard china started banning cryptocurrencies so maybe thats what that plunge was :O

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
China "banned" ICO's, the market dipped, then they said it was only temporary till they regulated it, market went up.

Then China banned Fiat-Crypto exchanges, market dipped, then they said they were only banning it temporarily till they regulated it, market went up.

Then Jamie Dimon, JP Morgan & Chase CEO, said Bitcoin was a "fraud" and that it would explode, market dipped hard, but now it has picked back up.

This all in the space of 2 weeks, theyre just manipulating the market to buy on the lows, and sell on the highs. No different to how they manipulate the fiat economies to their advantage with propaganda and fearmongering.

This would have all happened regardless of their wolf crying though, all markets have a dip after a boom. Bitcoin is up 429% in the last year, Ethereum up 1,758% in the same time, you simply cannot have that level of growth without pull backs (people basically taking profits and selling)

Personally using various analysis techniques i see a $12,000 Bitcoin by end of February.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Coinbase has a sketchy rep. Dont eprsonally use it, i use Kraken to deposit fiat and then send it to Bittrex usually.

Join Crypto Coin Trader group on BaceFook, alot of helpful people in there and around 30k members posting technical analysis and upcoming news and events etc.

Not question is a dumb question.

Muffin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 14, 2005
United Kingdom
Coinbase has a sketchy rep. Dont eprsonally use it, i use Kraken to deposit fiat and then send it to Bittrex usually.

Join Crypto Coin Trader group on BaceFook, alot of helpful people in there and around 30k members posting technical analysis and upcoming news and events etc.

Not question is a dumb question.

Kraken seems to crash for me a lot but ill keep trying to reload it, is euro best fiat currency on Kraken ?

Also what wallets do you use ? Silencer recommended Exodus desktop wallet to me but i cant find where to put passwords on the wallet ID?

Thanks

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Kraken has its issues during high volume periods yes, does same for me getting annoying repeatitive errors when trying to issue/cancel orders, which is why i use Bittrex. I just use Kraken to deposit fiat, buy crytpo and sent to Bittrex. A feature i like of Kraken is you can have fiat on the account. So in downturns you can sell to fiat and ride it out (As fiat doesnt change) then buy in at a low. Where as Bittrex etc you have no option to just have a resting fiat balance as far as im aware. Just BTC/ETH/Tether markets. Also Kraken only has a few dozen markets where as the older exchanges have hundreds.

On wallets if youre going to take is seriously get a TREZOR or Nana Ledger S, they are cold storage(USB style). Or use MyEtherWallet (MEW)

Last edited:

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
I did suggest the Nano Ledger S as a cold storage and Exodus as a Software wallet - as the exchange capabilities on Exodus can be handy if you're starting out or want to trade between coins regularly.

Bittrex all the way.

**** coinbase and **** kraken - **** polo too actually.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Surprise surprise.

JP Morgan cause panic with the Bitcoin "fraud" comments and crash the market. Less than a day later and they're the biggest buyers of cheap Bitcoin.

As it stand they made $33,000,000 from this. Should be thrown in prison.

29f70f01bbb1dc8d666615f704be3b42.jpg