Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
taos on Mir 3dont need these pets to take Agro. The invisible spells drops everything. Not even players can see you.

things could change but who knows.

I don't get what you mean by they drop everything. You mean transparency makes you completely invisible? I know that but as soon as you come out your a target again.

Tao tactics for staying alive and losing agro is to spawn pet(s), go in hide so pet takes the agro then run away.

You should know this Shane :)

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:19 AM ----------

No one wants to play one but everyone wants one with them :)

I love playing support. I don't love falling behind end game when melee just melt everything and don't want a support anymore D:

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
I don't get what you mean by they drop everything. You mean transparency makes you completely invisible? I know that but as soon as you come out your a target again.

Tao tactics for staying alive and losing agro is to spawn pet(s), go in hide so pet takes the agro then run away.

You should know this Shane :)

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:19 AM ----------

I love playing support. I don't love falling behind end game when melee just melt everything and don't want a support anymore D:

i get this but really Agro dropping is mainly pvp related imo. If you dropping Agro to survive solo then I suggest your in the wrong area.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
i get this but really Agro dropping is mainly pvp related imo. If you dropping Agro to survive solo then I suggest your in the wrong area.

1. Luring away moster from group, dropping agro and running away (tactical group hunting) especially prominent in early hunts to the likes of WD, also when in KRs.

2. Running through cave to sub/ kr - most especially in JP/BP.

3. Losing agro to res people although we have luxury of insta res on mir3.

I feel your argument is that this is focused on solo play. I don't expect to be playing solo and I'm sad if you feel tao is now a solo class.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
No argument, just my opinion. Don't see a need for pets in Mir 3. Just creates balance problems.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
1. Luring away moster from group, dropping agro and running away (tactical group hunting) especially prominent in early hunts to the likes of WD, also when in KRs.

2. Running through cave to sub/ kr - most especially in JP/BP.

3. Losing agro to res people although we have luxury of insta res on mir3.

I feel your argument is that this is focused on solo play. I don't expect to be playing solo and I'm sad if you feel tao is now a solo class.

Tao now has aoe TE/GES - it's a solo class..... :(

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
No argument, just my opinion. Don't see a need for pets in Mir 3. Just creates balance problems.

I'm not saying pets should be in game or not. I'm just stating that there is more gameplay around pets than just their damage.

I don't like the sound of mass TE and GES. I guess I'll have to try alpha to find out.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Yeah the high level skill infection was amazing on Korean, felt like a wiz just not as fast haha.

MirinBrah?

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2014
I am surprised so many are going to be playing warrior , i know this is alpha but they seem the weakest class out of the 4 with sin/wiz seem to be out in front

i know alot of the warrior spells don;t come in untill between 40-50 but looks like they are really going to struggle early on when it comes to leveling and cashing

The other class's seem self efficient

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I was really excited for this but I'm quickly becoming turned off by all the comments. I hope Jamie takes it in the right direction; these custom qwerks he has can make or break it.

Rightfully warrior is weak early on, just a big tanker. They do become real strong with double BS combo.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
Im torn between taoist and wizard this time round.

tao with the new mass spells it gets early on makes a very welcome change. Its like having a mini meteor shower for a taoist, it only casts every other cast though which i guess is to stop it being too OP

I get what TDID is saying about not having pets to drop aggro when faced with certain situations, not entirely sure how we will manage without but i for one am quite happy to have no pets

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I was really excited for this but I'm quickly becoming turned off by all the comments. I hope Jamie takes it in the right direction; these custom qwerks he has can make or break it.

Rightfully warrior is weak early on, just a big tanker. They do become real strong with double BS combo.

They're not even really tanks early on, pot spam and dura loss is real until 44. Expensive class with crap cash making ability - I still love them though!

Server will still be really good but you're right, the class changes worry me too, aoe TE/GES is a big no no in my opinion. It's like having MShower on a wizard. They now level as fast as Wizards.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
:( Man i'm so hyped for this.. Wizard is the only character i have any past with on Mir3 so... Wizz tempest spam all the way :P Remember speaking to Shane on Marble about Mir3 and he said Sin's are super fun to play on Mir3 and deadly, i never got a chance to play one i only played Ignus or w.e the Euro Mir 3 and don't think they had Sin's there we're they a USA addition ? Probably mess with one as my 2nd.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
i want to play a really new class with all the new spells, but having observed all classes on zircon, think ill stick to the simplicity of warriors ;p

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
warrior is too good to not go one, wizard is too fun to not go one

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
may go sin. even tho im tao80% of the time. really not sure will have to seeee. but taos haveing no pets from what am seeing so far? is interesting how they will be pois killing /lvling wise. and will they be needed for most bosses? or just the high end bosses.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
may go sin. even tho im tao80% of the time. really not sure will have to seeee. but taos haveing no pets from what am seeing so far? is interesting how they will be pois killing /lvling wise. and will they be needed for most bosses? or just the high end bosses.

Well even early on the quickest leveling route is via tao poison + wiz tbolt on btz. Tao's have their place (but for how long?!) well at this point nobody can say because nobody is in a position to progress that far game wise. I hear some promising things from Jamie / Shane about korean mir and the spells (saying tao's have a strong stance in the future). I for one got too bored hunting for books; I can't invest much time right now and the time I do have is spent in Skeletons.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Well even early on the quickest leveling route is via tao poison + wiz tbolt on btz. Tao's have their place (but for how long?!) well at this point nobody can say because nobody is in a position to progress that far game wise. I hear some promising things from Jamie / Shane about korean mir and the spells (saying tao's have a strong stance in the future). I for one got too bored hunting for books; I can't invest much time right now and the time I do have is spent in Skeletons.

Already told you taos are now OP ;) - amazing high level skills (apparently) and you now have AOE TE/GES from a low level onwards.

You will definitely be able to play solo on this server as a tao and buffs/poison etc will always be welcome in groups (and you are now dps too). Lack of time will always be disadvantageous for all classes.

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
warrior/wizard will dominate at higher levels i think, even with mass TE/GES its still quite painful to play as a tao. Also the mob run speed on here for certain mobs is alot quicker, meaning alot easier for a wizard to get the mobs to selfown themselves in firewalls on corners, even firewall walking in WD seems 100x easier from the time i've spent watching Tyraes

edit - haha got a line through my name now too :D winning

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
wiz tbolt

Based on my experience and creeping other players in observation mode (looking at their spell experience) tbolt is actually a pretty crappy spell. Fire based spells are much more effective. With tbolt I almost always hit the lower end of the spell.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Based on my experience and creeping other players in observation mode (looking at their spell experience) tbolt is actually a pretty crappy spell. Fire based spells are much more effective. With tbolt I almost always hit the lower end of the spell.

After I've added Market place I'm going to spend some time looking at the skills