• Tao

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I am just wondering what this Zircom server is not seen any information on it...

Zircon however Im'ma play a Taoist... maybe Warrior!

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
After I've added Market place I'm going to spend some time looking at the skills

If we talk spells; there is a core issue with mob flinch making firewall too strong and luring / kiting harder.

Insta run after cast should be fixed; I don't believe this is correct and is a recipe for disaster with wiz geo.

Targeting is a bit iffy, many a times I've had my cursor over a mob/ player and it didn't lock on. It's annoying you have to find the sweet spot (usually below their name to lock) as opposed to anywhere on the body.

Tao is in an OK spot; I can solo well but not as fast as I can with a wiz. I would like to be able to support more but I get a feeling that red poison is weaker than normal (not sure why); just doesn't feel strong and people prefer to solo.

SummonPuppet looks over the top strong, I'm sure it's on your radar.

Warrior is meh, I hear they need some TLC although I watch Brisk and Xzoviac and they're looking good now they have matured into a decent level.

I would like upgrade spells to transition more smoothly. I think your upgraded spells should use the sub spell as a base for damage. It frustrates me that a level 4 EvilSlayer is only marginally better than level 4 GtEvilSlayer so I must spend 3 days being weaker to gain a 10 damage increase - I do that with EvilSlayer I could have been +5 damage more increase on top.

I know you planvto change spell level/ progression though. Other spells to consider.

TaoExplosion -> GtTaoExplosion
Iceball -> IceBlades
FireBall -> AdamantineFireBall
GustBall -> Cyclone
ThunderBall -> Thunderbolt

Last edited:

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Targeting is a bit iffy, many a times I've had my cursor over a mob/ player and it didn't lock on. It's annoying you have to find the sweet spot (usually below their name to lock) as opposed to anywhere on the body.

This is particularly annoying for Warriors, also shift clicking doesn't keep you in place if you shift click a mob name (important for DS/adv slay), you auto walk to it and attack.

Mob names need to disappear once dead to help with targeting.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Tao is in an OK spot; I can solo well but not as fast as I can with a wiz. I would like to be able to support more but I get a feeling that red poison is weaker than normal (not sure why); just doesn't feel strong and people prefer to solo.

Surely this should be the case anyway? lol

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Surely this should be the case anyway? lol

Yes that's why I said tao is in an OK spot. I just wish I could be more useful support wise pre level 29; I guess for bosses we are necessary at that level to stop regen due to damage output not being able to compete with regen but that's about it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Surprised sins do so well so on the poll. I played sin several times but never to very high level. Problem I have with sin is that he is limited to a single target whereas warr has HM, CHM, BS. And the fact he kills fast (high ASpeed) is little consolation, you have to keep clicking mobs one by one, nevermind that some caves provide mobs scattered about and giving high exp. Maybe I don't know something about sins?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If we talk spells; there is a core issue with mob flinch making firewall too strong and luring / kiting harder.

Insta run after cast should be fixed; I don't believe this is correct and is a recipe for disaster with wiz geo.

SummonPuppet looks over the top strong, I'm sure it's on your radar.

Warrior is meh, I hear they need some TLC although I watch Brisk and Xzoviac and they're looking good now they have matured into a decent level.

I would like upgrade spells to transition more smoothly. I think your upgraded spells should use the sub spell as a base for damage. It frustrates me that a level 4 EvilSlayer is only marginally better than level 4 GtEvilSlayer so I must spend 3 days being weaker to gain a 10 damage increase - I do that with EvilSlayer I could have been +5 damage more increase on top.

I know you planvto change spell level/ progression though. Other spells to consider.

TaoExplosion -> GtTaoExplosion
Iceball -> IceBlades
FireBall -> AdamantineFireBall
GustBall -> Cyclone
ThunderBall -> Thunderbolt

You've always been able to run after cast on a wizard on mir 2 not sure about Mir 3, just hold your mouse to run at all times, tap button whilst still running u will go straight back into sprint, take that away with how fast mobs move on here you'd be ****ed if your teleport dont proc.

@Mir2pion Sin's get mass attack's on Mir 3, I've seen KALA luring up 20-30 mobs and using a skill that works like original Dark body on Mir2, where a clone explodes and it's doing 400-500 damage sometimes ( 1 hitting the lure ) they seem pretty fair considering Sin is #2 in testing and there a 5 level gap between #3 and #2

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
You've always been able to run after cast on a wizard on mir 2 not sure about Mir 3, just hold your mouse to run at all times, tap button whilst still running u will go straight back into sprint, take that away with how fast mobs move on here you'd be ****ed if your teleport dont proc.

@Mir2pion Sin's get mass attack's on Mir 3, I've seen KALA luring up 20-30 mobs and using a skill that works like original Dark body on Mir2, where a clone explodes and it's doing 400-500 damage sometimes ( 1 hitting the lure ) they seem pretty fair considering Sin is #2 in testing and there a 5 level gap between #3 and #2

Mobs are broken on here; I don't think the flinch is correct and everything seems to be sped up by 25%. As a tao I can't out run 1 raging lizard.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Mobs are broken on here; I don't think the flinch is correct and everything seems to be sped up by 25%. As a tao I can't out run 1 raging lizard.

Mmmm...likely more along the lines of working more efficiently than 'broken'

Normal servers (Prior to Crystal), flinching would cause a delay to mobs movements. Since Crystal and every development after (Marble, now Zircon i suspect), flinching etc doesn't do this anymore, so mobs are consistently moving at their proper speed. I'm sure Mir3 servers were no different in this regard. You probably would have noticed at the start it's slightly more difficult to hit and run the starter mobs, such as the Wolf that is able to keep pace with you hitting and running, forcing an intermittent 2 step movement to hit.

Whether you class this as broken or more efficient depends on how you see it :) But if a mob has a walk speed of 20 or something, the 'working' function in my eyes, would be a consistent 20, regardless of being hit or not.

The actual movement speeds, would depend on the values Jamies given them, whether they are accurate or not?

Last edited:

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010

Wizards don't work like that on Mir 3. Should always be a step before sprinting after casting. Cheats were even released for 3.55 that allowed 'instant run' after attacks. A step after an action effected all classes.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Mmmm...likely more along the lines of working more efficiently than 'broken'

Normal servers (Prior to Crystal), flinching would cause a delay to mobs movements. Since Crystal and every development after (Marble, now Zircon i suspect), flinching etc doesn't do this anymore, so mobs are consistently moving at their proper speed. I'm sure Mir3 servers were no different in this regard. You probably would have noticed at the start it's slightly more difficult to hit and run the starter mobs, such as the Wolf that is able to keep pace with you hitting and running, forcing an intermittent 2 step movement to hit.

Whether you class this as broken or more efficient depends on how you see it :) But if a mob has a walk speed of 20 or something, the 'working' function in my eyes, would be a consistent 20, regardless of being hit or not.

The actual movement speeds, would depend on the values Jamies given them, whether they are accurate or not?

That's like telling me that a tao isn't broken if you remove all its buffs and heal spells and that in Jamie's vision it's fine. If Jamie plans it out like that then fair enough but it's not true to the original game style; at least not from my 10+ years of experience on mir 3.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013

Mobs have the same stats as gsp, though the movement speed was really laggy on gsp, you could easy out run a black maggot and a banyo eviltongs. So yes the mobs are faster due to the files.
Taking on a raging lizard sub 40 should really be with a party/group. Sure you can solo but it's a hard cave for low levels.

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:41 AM ----------

With regards to flinching this will be tweaked a few times until the end. New skills and mobs always have a new effect, so a change will likely happen

Gaypex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2015
deleted

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Always a Warrior just because Bladestorm is the most satisfying skill in the game. The class sucks 0-40/42 (level 2 BS/DS) but it's worth it in the end!

P.S. Just need a high level wizard wife...... ;)
I see from the other thread you're a PKer, may be a match made in heaven bby

Asgard

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2017
Got to be Wiz for me, I love the skill sets in Mir3 but Wiz is definitely my favourite.