Release iJam's Map Package

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Re: iJam's Ultimate Map Package

84785238, I would say Crystal is our most successful files to date been coded from scratch by a few members on LOMCN without known cheats hacks and possibly backdoors, we have also got some good and useful support apps so a lot of the releases are for the Crystal and Libs file format

Isn't the store/tm crash rife though? New Eden died largely because of this. Totally destroys the will to play when you can't even use basic functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I still stick by C# files got released way to early it's killed so many server's because most server don't have coders which could fix it... Take cheats of Hero files i still think they put C# into the ground but i understand ACPI / Delphi ****ing sucks etc etc... Still just got a little hate for C# files.. Specially as i normally play a warrior.. These files literally made me change a class i played for 13 years straight.. Their not so bad now warrior's do well but at first they was just sitting ducks for range... Can't wait for the day they are running with no crash's..

Wasn't a dig at anybody on C# team.. They're a sweet of files just felt you should of released them a bit later down the line, although being stuck with apple / Hero and Samuel not releasing Acem2 it left community in a pretty **** place which i believe lead to early release of the source.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England

The C# files weren't released too early, the problem was the rush to create servers once the files reached a certain state of readiness.
Once the servers started appearing, the main development course was diverted to fixing/changing certain aspects of the files to help individual servers rather than the core code.
From that point onwards, the consistent and regular development slowed and then ceased.
The work up to that point was tremendous by all the parties involved but we were left with yet another set of incomplete files.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

The C# files weren't released too early, the problem was the rush to create servers once the files reached a certain state of readiness.
Once the servers started appearing, the main development course was diverted to fixing/changing certain aspects of the files to help individual servers rather than the core code.
From that point onwards, the consistent and regular development slowed and then ceased.
The work up to that point was tremendous by all the parties involved but we were left with yet another set of incomplete files.

The early servers like FH helped the devs to find and fix a lot of bugs.

The source is still there and open for anyone to come along and "complete" the files :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

If the files were kept closed for developing they would be in a much worse state imo.

The fact that crystal has been open source has encouraged lots of the community to help with the files and push the development forward.

I expect the files would have gone stale and forgotten if not for being kept public

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Tbh i dont see the fasination with Heroes, yes they have soe interesting features but most of them are gimik, Heroes was just given via cmd stalls was in place of TM, not sure how indepth crafting was but hopefully soon Xander is planning on releasing his CR system and sure custom monster ai scripts has been released by another member non official source

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

n/m :suspicion:

Last edited: