Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
just can't urge myself enough to get on... which is annoying, As I fancy playing some mir..

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
just can't urge myself enough to get on... which is annoying, As I fancy playing some mir..

Got a level 50 wizz, 15ish Paragon level with Average kit if u ever wanna hop on let me know, im playing hipsa at the moment, Server is really under populated just like Kori said is the problem i ran into, Orc instance is just way to hard, even spider is fairly hard solo without the kit requirements, there is a glitch in Orc's where you can lure boss to back and s/d into a corner with a warrior and farm it but it takes way to long to be viable the drops are pretty poop Legend kit is pretty trash put upto Mir kit like most Guilds have nearly full kit.

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
Of all the private servers that I've played, I myself have found Paragon to be the most enjoyable and entertaining.

I've played since Euro, and as the years have past, I put very little time into mindless, time wasting, and most importantly life wasting hobbies. That being said; when I do decide to waste my time, I've become a very secluded solo player. On Paragon, I Spread that wasted time between the three classes at a very slow pace, and its been the most enjoyable experience since Euro in my case.

I feel as though everyone wants good in game content, and end of game content, but are to focused on racing to end game and not really caring about the work that was put into something. It seems as though it's become "the goal"; racing through to end game, bash about being bored already, then start to jeopardize someones hard work by shouting "servers dead"...

- For new players starting out, especially those who have never played Mir before, the "start game" needs some refinement on direction.
- At level 15 your @home has only a trust merchant, so you have to run all the way back to the start to pot or sell loot. (& @home was never said to be a command, new players would never know this)
- Most of the early Set Kits are not used. The amount of time spent to obtain a decent early Set Kit, you're already well past the level requirement, and able to wear normal kit for your level with much better stats, even without the set bonuses.
- Level 49-50 items that are not a set item are a wash; unless its added and of high grade.

Very good job with this server! :applouse:

( While I'm at it; The Mir community as a whole has gone to ****... Very few choose to be a decent player anymore. I started a private server one time; I hadn't even got to level ten yet, and a higher level chased me all the way to WW from BW town to murder me.. I quit immediately. With so few players already, that's how new players are treated now. If you aren't in a tight group of people that you've played with for years, and your brand new to Mir, you're ****ed.)

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Of all the private servers that I've played, I myself have found Paragon to be the most enjoyable and entertaining.

I've played since Euro, and as the years have past, I put very little time into mindless, time wasting, and most importantly life wasting hobbies. That being said; when I do decide to waste my time, I've become a very secluded solo player. On Paragon, I Spread that wasted time between the three classes at a very slow pace, and its been the most enjoyable experience since Euro in my case.

I feel as though everyone wants good in game content, and end of game content, but are to focused on racing to end game and not really caring about the work that was put into something. It seems as though it's become "the goal"; racing through to end game, bash about being bored already, then start to jeopardize someones hard work by shouting "servers dead"...

- For new players starting out, especially those who have never played Mir before, the "start game" needs some refinement on direction.
- At level 15 your @home has only a trust merchant, so you have to run all the way back to the start to pot or sell loot. (& @home was never said to be a command, new players would never know this)
- Most of the early Set Kits are not used. The amount of time spent to obtain a decent early Set Kit, you're already well past the level requirement, and able to wear normal kit for your level with much better stats, even without the set bonuses.
- Level 49-50 items that are not a set item are a wash; unless its added and of high grade.

Very good job with this server! :applouse:

( While I'm at it; The Mir community as a whole has gone to ****... Very few choose to be a decent player anymore. I started a private server one time; I hadn't even got to level ten yet, and a higher level chased me all the way to WW from BW town to murder me.. I quit immediately. With so few players already, that's how new players are treated now. If you aren't in a tight group of people that you've played with for years, and your brand new to Mir, you're ****ed.)

These are not the reasons why the server has became "dead", I suggest you go and read the forums.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
I suggest that you re read this in its true context. General statements. Thank you.

"I've become a very secluded solo player" Paragon has very little solo content, if any, everything requires a group of people or a guild, so you couldn't of had much experience with the server if your a solo player, this is why a lot of players have quit, as they can't gear up, or catch up in general unless in 1 of the 2 big guilds on the game.

"I feel as though everyone wants good in game content, and end of game content, but are to focused on racing to end game and not really caring about the work that was put into something. It seems as though it's become "the goal"; racing through to end game, bash about being bored already, then start to jeopardize someones hard work by shouting "servers dead"..." We all agree that the content early on was amazing, no one is knocking that, but you have to take into consideration, that you are playing at a time where majority of server are in front of you massively, and also a limited user count, so you are left behind without interruptions of your levelling / hunting until you reach higher content, the reason most of us "rushed ahead" was because majority of us all started together and also played BETA, we already knew the ropes somewhat and so a fast pace couldn't be helped, that and the fact there were PK's going on everywhere and kit basically determined who would win the PK's and bosses, hence why everyone rushed in to levelling and getting kitted. Also, like I said, we don't say "server's dead" just because we reached end game content, there's multiple reasons why people have quit, some of these are as follows:

1. Hany is now a 1 man team, Ben and Hotpocket resigned, Hany can't run a server solo, there's too many things that need doing, and too much time needs to be spent on it, it's just not realistic for one person.

2. Kit had been sold to a few players and Hany had found out, which resulted in a disagreement between the 3 of them and like I said, him becoming a 1 man team.

3. 3 exploits have happened since the start of server, numerous people benefited from them all and never had the items or unfair advantages that they gained, removed from them.

4. Stats on items and in general PVP / PK had a massive overhaul without prior testing, and the server became severely unbalanced.

5. Lack of solo content.

6. Lack of attention from the server team, didn't listen to anyone, always thought they knew best.

Last edited:

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
"I've become a very secluded solo player" Paragon has very little solo content, if any, everything requires a group of people or a guild, so you couldn't of had much experience with the server if your a solo player, this is why a lot of players have quit, as they can't gear up, or catch up in general unless in 1 of the 2 big guilds on the game.

"I feel as though everyone wants good in game content, and end of game content, but are to focused on racing to end game and not really caring about the work that was put into something. It seems as though it's become "the goal"; racing through to end game, bash about being bored already, then start to jeopardize someones hard work by shouting "servers dead"..." We all agree that the content early on was amazing, no one is knocking that, but you have to take into consideration, that you are playing at a time where majority of server are in front of you massively, and also a limited user count, so you are left behind without interruptions of your levelling / hunting until you reach higher content, the reason most of us "rushed ahead" was because majority of us all started together and also played BETA, we already knew the ropes somewhat and so a fast pace couldn't be helped, that and the fact there were PK's going on everywhere and kit basically determined who would win the PK's and bosses, hence why everyone rushed in to levelling and getting kitted. Also, like I said, we don't say "server's dead" just because we reached end game content, there's multiple reasons why people have quit, some of these are as follows:

1. Hany is now a 1 man team, Ben and Hotpocket resigned, Hany can't run a server solo, there's too many things that need doing, and too much time needs to be spent on it, it's just not realistic for one person.

2. Kit had been sold to a few players and Hany had found out, which resulted in a disagreement between the 3 of them and like I said, him becoming a 1 man team.

3. 3 exploits have happened since the start of server, numerous people benefited from them all and never had the items or unfair advantages that they gained, removed from them.

4. Stats on items and in general PVP / PK had a massive overhaul without prior testing, and the server became severely unbalanced.

5. Lack of solo content.

6. Lack of attention from the server team, didn't listen to anyone, always thought they knew best.

I'm not even going to bother to read this. Just wanted you to know. I am still very pleased with this server.

I like playing my Tao when I'm really lazy; I can run around with one hand while eating pizza with the other.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
I'm not even going to bother to read this. Just wanted you to know. I am still very pleased with this server.

I like playing my Tao when I'm really lazy; I can run around with one hand while eating pizza with the other.

Tao and Wizz are definitely the best class, or were anyway, before the nerfs. As for not reading my post, meh, they say ignorance is bliss.