Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Forums:
[FONT=&quot]http://www.paragonmir.com/forum[/FONT]

Basic Information

Server Files: Custom Crystal Files
Start level: 1
Level Cap: 50 (Then paragon)
Classes: Warrior, Wizard, Taoist

Features:
Paragon Infinity Mir features all tons of features, but below are the ones we like the most and think are worth talking about!

Instances / Dungeon Finder

You can enter instances solo, or in a group.
The server will auto queue and teleport all parties inside when ready.
The dungeon finder allows users to play with total randoms in a safe environment. There is no PK, item drops are distributed via a group loot roll system, and all party members receive the prize at the end.
View attachment 140
View attachment 140
img1.png

Instance Types

PVE: Your regular hunting cave with a kr and a boss to kill, each PVE Instance will have 3 difficulties available. The higher the difficulty the harder the mob, but better EXP reward.

Timed PVE: Same as PVE type except on reaching instance objective it will record the time elapsed to complete. This will then feature on a leaderboard.

PvP TDM: You will be fighting against other teams, the instance will end automatically when there is only 1 team standing still. (If other teams dead your team wins), you can be rewarded points on player kills & you will be rewarded another prize when instance ends and you're in the wining team. Some PvP games feature 1 life, where as other may feature infinite lifes but respawn time increasing each death.
PvP Arena: TBA
Hero Defense: TBA

Raids: Along side our unique instances we have massive raids that will challenge even the best guilds. Mobs have been placed strategically around the dungeon with set routes/positions and feature unique AIs to make it as challenging as possible. You'll have to tread careful and take these 1 step at a time, who knows what traps could be lurking here!

9l9zqu.jpg

Group Loot

Group loot is simple, whilst in an instance instead of the item dropping on the floor for a "free for all", a window will pop up displaying the item and its stats. You have the option of:

• [*=center]Need - if the item is an actual upgrade to you and you will be wearing it.
    [*=center]Greed - if you need the item just to sell it or benefit another character
    [*=center]Pass - if you're not interested
We understand that in a random group most players will simply need, but the need/greed is more for guild/trusted parties. The system will auto roll (broadcasted to the group) and the highest wins the item.
Each item in the group loot has an expiry time (2Minutes) if the time passes and you do not vote it will be automatically voted to Pass.
If the roll winner bag is full and the player failed to receive the item it will be mailed to the player and the player can collect parcel to receive the item.

View attachment 142
View attachment 142
img34f298.png

Chat Item Linking Enhancements
You can link your items in the chat by alt + left clicking the item, when you click the item within the chat it'll open the item in a new window to inspect.

img34f298.png

View attachment 141

Paragon

Paragon is an attribute enhancement system, it begins when the player reach the level cap (currently 50). The system allows players to continue to level and gain small benefits in the form of stats whilst allowing the casual player to still catch up and maintain a healthy, competitive standing against other players that may invest more time into the game.
Each expansion the level cap will be raised, and all players must once again reach that cap to continue their Paragon level progression.
There are 4 trees available to spend points on; Core, Offense, Defense, Utility. Each level will gain you 1 point to a specific tree. Each level up changes the tree the point applys to. For example:

- Paragon Level 1: 1 Point to Core
- Paragon Level 2: 1 Point to Offense
- Paragon Level 3: 1 Point to Defense
- Paragon Level 4: 1 Point to Utility
- Paragon Level 5: 1 Point to Core

At the moment you can modify your spent attribute points at any time, this may be changed later.

28rjkf8.png

Quests

The server features a huge amount of quests ranging from story, daily, general and repeatable quests.
You will start your
journey in the historic capital city of
Westermarsh, The city has been raided by many of Mirs inhabitants under the control of EvilMir.
Follow the story quest line up to level 30 to cleanse the city and return it to its forma glory. You will then work your way around Westermarsh and as the story continues, eventually end up against EvilMir

There will be Daily quests available which will reward Justice / Valor and Honor points, these can also be earned by killing different bosses around Mir and spent on item sets to make every boss rewarding to kill.

28jbsi8.jpg

30uz2o7.jpg

Just one of our unique QuestLines, Unlock the powerful Legendary weapons which will evolve as you reach end game.
img5.jpg

View attachment 144
Unique NPC's that don't just sit in town but actually help to stop EvilMirs destruction upon their land.

hwicco.jpg

New Currency

Alongside Gold we now have Justice / Valor and Honor / Conquest points, The reason these points were added was to increase the reward for killing a boss yet not getting an item drop, Now with these new currency's
every boss you kill will always reward you with either Justice / Valor (PvE) or Honor / Conquest (PvP) points which you can then spend on item sets.

End game content

At the launch of Paragon there is a Level cap of level 50. However at level 50 there is also 6 different item sets, Level 50 is just the beginning you will need to conquer one challenging cave or instance at a time
to progress onto the next challenging cave and hunt down EvilMirs minions one at a time before the epic war against the dragon and when that time comes you will definitely feel like you're at war.

New Interface

Brand new interface giving the server a unique feel and look (See above screenshots)

Monster Levels

In most areas monsters have a chance of randomly spawning at a higher level. Higher level mobs are harder, drop better and give higher exp!

116i909.png

Drop Files

Every boss you kill will drop an item 100% of the time without fail. Each boss has its own unique drop file meaning every boss has a purpose and meaning - There's no copy paste here!
Some bosses may spawn around town simply just to drop a Skill book, or a weapon, or a crafting material. We hope this'll make going for a boss more fun and rewarding rather than mindlessly going through cave after cave killing a boss just to be rewarded with nothing.
The huge amount of item sets and unique individual items will have you farming for constant upgrades. Beyond that of the normal item there is also an item upgrade system, so keep farming until you find a Godly tier item!

Item Quality

Items will randomly drop at one of the following grades: Normal (grey), Common (yellow), Rare (blue), Legendary (Orange), Mythical (Pink) and Godly (Red).
With each upgrade the item gains additional stats making it more powerful and rare. A godly low level item could rival or beat a max level normal grade item!
There is also unique Quality Orbs available in the game to help upgrade your items from Normal all the way to Godly teir!

New Magic Spells

Paragon Mir has tons of new spells, below are an example of 3. Blade storm (warrior), FrostQuake (wizard) and YinYangBurst (Taoist)
5ycity.gif
2czc5ew.gif

We are hoping to do a beta this weekend, will keep you posted

Last edited:
Reactions: tibz

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Looks super unique, really sweet advert.

Best of luck.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Wonder if this might kill 5H server, have mixed feeling on that score now that this came out.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

WoW/D3 combined in a Legend of Mir server, I tip my hat to you Sir. I hope this all goes to plan, I see this as a great option for me playing Mir :nevreness:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

Looks good Ben! Good luck with server, hopefully wont be long untill launch since advert

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Looks sick, ETA on launch?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Wonder if this might kill 5H server, have mixed feeling on that score now that this came out.

Kill 5h's 5 average user count? No Offense to Ben Hany or any of the Team but 5Hero didn't compare to any of their other servers.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Looks nice, I'd be interested to see how the paragon scaling pans out over time. And i love the Raids idea, reminiscent of past years HC WoW raiding, finally getting that server first kill after 100 attempts... fun times. (hope they are this hard, e.g pre-nerf LK Heroic etc :) )

Tho I'm not so sure about multiple instances, they never seem like a good idea here. They need to be something off to the side, that doesn't deter from the real world if that makes sense.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Surprising that people still go back and play the servers all these guys host time after time.

How many servers is this now out of curiosity ?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Surprising that people still go back and play the servers all these guys host time after time.

They are constantly trying to improve with each server they make, and are at least spending the time and effort to make content for the community to play / experience, I don't see what's wrong with this, it's better than people like you commenting negativity.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Looks sick, ETA on launch?
nothing official atm, we aim to release 1st october, but we'll see how beta goes this weekend

we won't close 5h all the time people want to play. both servers will receive the same file update and a lot works on both, but yes ultimately I'd imagine this will be the end of 5h, its pretty much run its course now anyway.

cause we make good servers? And all the servers we host last minimum of 12 months. they are all long term servers. dont make me out to be this guy that hosts servers for 1 month for quick cash cow

Looks nice, I'd be interested to see how the paragon scaling pans out over time. And i love the Raids idea, reminiscent of past years HC WoW raiding, finally getting that server first kill after 100 attempts... fun times. (hope they are this hard, e.g pre-nerf LK Heroic etc :) )

Tho I'm not so sure about multiple instances, they never seem like a good idea here. They need to be something off to the side, that doesn't deter from the real world if that makes sense.
There is instance raids and open world raids

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

They are constantly trying to improve with each server they make, and are at least spending the time and effort to make content for the community to play / experience, I don't see what's wrong with this, it's better than people like you commenting negativity.

negative? yet you're sitting with red rep.

:uncomfortableness:

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:17 PM ----------

cause we make good servers? And all the servers we host last minimum of 12 months. they are all long term servers. dont make me out to be this guy that hosts servers for 1 month for quick cash cow

There is instance raids and open world raids

like i said i was curious,

how come you didn't just improve 1 server instead of getting people to grind it out and take donations? to do it all over again, other people got stick for it who didn't host cash cows, you seem to question why i was curious?

asking genuine questions.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

I must of hit a nerve. :smug:

how come you didn't just improve 1 server instead of getting people to grind it out and take donations? to do it all over again, other people got stick for it who didn't host cash cows, you seem to question why i was curious?

You can't expect to make drastic changes to a server that's currently running and has been running for a long time, and expect people to be ok with it, but you can do so by making a fresh server, which is what he's doing, clearly.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I must of hit a nerve. :smug:

You can't expect to make drastic changes to a server that's currently running and has been running for a long time, and expect people to be ok with it, but you can do so by making a fresh server, which is what he's doing, clearly.

for asking genuine questions to the gm there was no disrespect saying his servers suck or what not i just wanted to know why, also didn't say i wouldn't try it. how could you hit a nerve? flawed logic i guess? from such a negative person.

your rep is horrid and getting worse as we speak.

p.s thanks for the negative rep, but looks like your sitting on 2 reds now :jaded:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

The amount of ideas taken from blizzard games and other servers is unbelievable

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

for asking genuine questions to the gm there was no disrespect saying his servers suck or what not i just wanted to know why, also didn't say i wouldn't try it. how could you hit a nerve? flawed logic i guess? from such a negative person.

your rep is horrid and getting worse as we speak.

p.s thanks for the negative rep, but looks like your sitting on 2 reds now :jaded:

Only two? :(. Rep means **** all to me, I don't think it matters to anyone on here really (apart from you), you could release a **** ton of content and most people wouldn't bother +repping.

P.S, for you to make a comment about my rep on a small forum, shows just how small minded and petty you really are, you must of really took my first comment to heart. However, I will keep negative repping you because it obviously upsets you, lmao.

Why so serious bruh? :cheerful:

The amount of ideas taken from blizzard games is unbelievable

Very true, but would be nice to see on Mir, would bring a different feel to the game IMO. Implementing those features or similar ones is a very smart idea, look at how successful Blizzard games are.

Last edited:
Reactions: stivy

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

The amount of ideas taken from blizzard games and other servers is unbelievable

Think that's why I like the look of this server so much :tennis:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Fiveheroes has been up for over a year with no coder, I had nothing to do with fiveheroes actually i just got back to mir development a month ago or so, i was kinda surprised that fiveheroes was still online when i got back.

I've put any new features ive worked on for paragon on fiveheroes aswell.

Paragon is being developed by (Me,Dale,Ben), Ben is part of our team he owns fiveheroes but me and dale has nothing to do with fiveheroes, and dale is actually the one whose been working on paragon ingame content the past few months.

There's no reason for me or dale to work on fiveheroes, we had a vision few monthes ago and we would like to pursuit it.

Hope this answers your genuine questions :)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Fiveheroes has been up for over a year with no coder, I had nothing to do with fiveheroes actually i just got back to mir development a month ago or so, i was kinda surprised that fiveheroes was still online when i got back.

I've put any new features ive worked on for paragon on fiveheroes aswell.

Paragon is being developed by (Me,Dale,Ben), Ben is part of our team he owns fiveheroes but me and dale has nothing to do with fiveheroes, and dale is actually the one whose been working on paragon ingame content the past few months.

There's no reason for me or dale to work on fiveheroes, we had a vision few monthes ago and we would like to pursuit it.

Hope this answers your genuine questions :)

thanks for the reply and nice to see you back working on mir. and yes it helped.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Did you even think this d3 paragon through? So according to the images you posted, attack speed 25 will be obtainable from just paragon levels? And slow and everything else?
Also I highly doubt dungeon finder will work out well given the current wow dungeon finder situation: Join dungeon, proceed to smash everything with 0 effort without anyone saying a word, take the loot, leave.