Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Better than Archeons you mean lol
isnt hard...

Any plans for how donations will be handled yet ? Will none donators be able to compete on here ?
yes of course you'll be able to compete. as I've said on every server we've hosted the top players have always been non-donators.
the shop is just going to have buffs and your general stuff similar to most servers

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

isnt hard...

yes of course you'll be able to compete. as I've said on every server we've hosted the top players have always been non-donators.
the shop is just going to have buffs and your general stuff similar to most servers

Open it for beta now :P Am bored and got 3 days with nothing 2 do haha

Pixels

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 4, 2017

Wish you would keep things low stat for a change!

all the best with it, looks class. Just doubt ill join in due to the high stats/high rate look.

Nice job

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

all the best with it, looks class. Just doubt ill join in due to the high stats/high rate look.

Nice job

There's already a lot of low rate servers around. Ben makes high rates successfully, and the whole server revolves around a faster pace, be completely stupid to change it, lol.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007

i'll give it a go looks decent, hopefully will work as intended lol

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

Nice job

Although the stats can be considered med / high rate I don't like easy games so it still has that low rate kinda feel when it comes to dungeons / instances and raids, No one will just be able to lure hundreds of mobs into a corner and spam them down. This is a risk i have taken deliberately and me and Ben have had many discussions regarding this.

I hope i have given the server a good feel for people who enjoy both low or high rate servers but there are certain things i have made very difficult to get. I'm not a massive fan of the slow effect to find Slow effect on items will be very rare and orbs are also very very rare.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Anything you need a hand testing give me a shout.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Nice job
It's it's own rate that keeps it fun and enjoyable. Probably has more of a low to led rate feel than high

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

If I was to build a Mir server I was thinking of doing something like this. It's about time someone implemented an actual endgame progression system. Too many servers out there where players just get bored by the time they reach the soft cap and run out of things to do.

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014

Lot of nice features here. I do appreciate unique ideas being implemented into mir. I wont be trying this mainly because i'l start dropping on BDO if i do (like when i hit up marble -.-) but i wish the best of luck.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

@Ben Please dont open server in the FIFA WEEKEND! read you mentioned somewhere on the 1st of october, maybe 1 week early ?:)

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Just curious, why just the old classes? I don't mind at all, but was just wondering why :P
Because all the balance issues ?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Just curious, why just the old classes? I don't mind at all, but was just wondering why :P

Because sin and archers suck dick ? they ruin servers literally they are so far out of whack to get even remotely balanced on these files, only archer thats ever worked is on chronicles. Sin's work on marble / chronicles but even then with the best 2 Mir team / Jamie even then they dont work amazingly i aint played chronicles in ages but they was stupidly op when i played SS kill anybody in a second if you had luck 7.

Marble they was good but DoS / Ghost was far to op, Shane / Jamie did change after change trying to balance them it just really doesn't happen they either medicore or rape the server badly.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

Archers been shite and not played on most servers, sins either suck balls and are a crap war with lower hp, or they are 2 hitting everyone while going invisible.

So much easier to balance the 3 original classes

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

We want balancing to be simple at the start. Sin and archers (especially archers) didn't really get that much hype on previous servers.
Plus there's the issue with lack of armour/weapons for sin/archer

We'd like to release sin archers and monk eventually, but we feel they all need a complete overhaul and re-work.. Sin isn't too bad and may be released fairly quickly.
Ideally I'd like to use Shandas version of the sin/archer also

With the level cap introducing new classes down the line won't be a problem. We're going to add stuff like alt characters get 50% exp boost, 2nd alt gets 100% exp boost etc.

Plus paragon points should be account wide

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

We want balancing to be simple at the start. Sin and archers (especially archers) didn't really get that much hype on previous servers.
Plus there's the issue with lack of armour/weapons for sin/archer

We'd like to release sin archers and monk eventually, but we feel they all need a complete overhaul and re-work.. Sin isn't too bad and may be released fairly quickly.
Ideally I'd like to use Shandas version of the sin/archer also

With the level cap introducing new classes down the line won't be a problem. We're going to add stuff like alt characters get 50% exp boost, 2nd alt gets 100% exp boost etc.

Plus paragon points should be account wide

So in theory one could just make a couple alts, and then have 100% exp boost from the get go on first character, or is this once you reach the cap on main char?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

So in theory one could just make a couple alts, and then have 100% exp boost from the get go on first character, or is this once you reach the cap on main char?
No so when you hit the cap on your main character, your alt will get a exp boost.
If you have 2x characters on same account at the level cap, you'll get another exp boost and so on

We've not finalised this yet but most likely it'll be a 50 or 100% exp boost for each char u have at the cap.

Most people will probably not use it and create another account as they like to keep them separate to let friends play etc, but for the normal ppl i think its a nice feature to boost your alts quickly