Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Indeed very impressive.

Although "You were a hero round these days" is triggering me.

round these parts, maybe? /shrug

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

Indeed very impressive.

Although "You were a hero round these days" is triggering me.

round these parts, maybe? /shrug
You're right :( i've kinda rushed the content bit, I'll probably go enhancing the website content when the time is right, as right now my priority is the actual game.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

It's alright just the grammar nazi in me being pedantic, I do love the website.

Is Hany available full time now? I remember speaking about it to you Ben, it's good to have him on board.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mir2pion
Wonder if this might kill 5H server, have mixed feeling on that score now that this came out.

your answer was ye, now a close date for 5h been confirmed

Where confirmed, don't see anything announced here on lomcn or on 5h forum.

we won't close 5h all the time people want to play. both servers will receive the same file update and a lot works on both, but yes ultimately I'd imagine this will be the end of 5h, its pretty much run its course now anyway.

I didn't log on 5H for a week now due to relocating for couple months to Canada but intend to potter on the 5H server for a while now I settled down here, still have things to do, items to get.
Not sure about Paragon server, of course I will start on it when it opens but who knows if after several weeks I might not go back to potter again on 5H, would appreciate it if you kept it online and reboot it when and if it needs rebooted despite it having zero population for some weeks after Paragon server opens its gates since no doubt those few playing 5H now will also try Paragon.
Probably 5H can run alongside Paragon server, doesn't need its own dedi, right? You could possibly use 5H server as a testing ground before rolling changes out to Paragon server.

All servers and games in general have a life span. I like to do new things and generally that means having to start again.
Look at 5heros for example, no1 new joins the server because ppl think its been up too long, they cant catch up, all that usual stuff.

True, the thing is, pple don't need to catch up to those folks in the top 20 ranking (~lev190+) to enjoy the server especially if you get some others restarting with you. And starting as new player or returning one is almost the same thing - almost because when on my second restart I was jacked up 50 levels from 100 to 150, my old items were still somewhat better than what you gave in the starter box kit. But its not easy to buck pple's perceptions about joining older running servers.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

So these are the changes that happend since we've had the beta.(Coding wise)

- Instance system enhancements
- Fixed Item Move Error issue that appeared in beta
- Game login is now linked with forums (You can only login with your forums credentials)
- Disabled Account Creation/Forget password (You should do that from forums now)
- New Login Scene
- New Character Select Scene
- Optional health bar now appears above player head (You can toggle it on/off from settings (HP Settings))
- Windows text Scale Factor setting (DPI) does not affect ingame font anymore, you can have 125% + DPI scale and the game will render the same font-size.
- Added an optional feature to allow sub-bosses/bosses to be marked as skull within minimap (This is still under-discussion, we're not sure if we're gonna use it yet..)
- Added glows to floor items (Works with any grade above common, it's still experimental though i'll probably change the effects.)

ezgif-3-f2d792e7e9.gif

Upcoming changes
- PvP changes & fixes
- Crafting Interface enhancements
And more!

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014

must say props to whoever made the website, very smart

Hany is that you playing GW2 on my friend list?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

- Added an optional feature to allow sub-bosses/bosses to be marked as skull within minimap (This is still under-discussion, we're not sure if we're gonna use it yet..)
this is a must imo, do all bosses have unique sounds?

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:12 AM ----------

must say props to whoever made the website, very smart

Hany is that you playing GW2 on my friend list?
That’s the power of Wordpress and a few “wallpaper” images... ;)

It’s simple to do, but just shows they aren’t just in it for the money and actually making effort.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

two weeks going slow :P really looking forward to live
we'd probably be ready to go next weekend but sadly I'm away and Fifa is also out (I'm joking Fifa doesnt stop our release, just someone mentioned it lol).

An extra week allows us to continue to work on more stuff and refine it even more ;) Its not a bad thing

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Had that error happen several times on 5H server, log out/in always fixed that.

- Game login is now linked with forums (You can only login with your forums credentials)
- Disabled Account Creation/Forget password (You should do that from forums now)
As long as you have clear indication on the client logging interface.

- Optional health bar now appears above player head
I'd like to see option where if you choose to see names that I suppose everybody opts for, that you could opt yourself (your own char) out. On Happy server and to somewhat lesser extent on 5H server, the names on your char pretty well obscure it and the action, especially for warriors who need to be close to mobs - IMO the guild name plus your char name under that plus your 'title' still underneath the char name is too much.
Still to switch the name view off globally is not an option, especially with those mobs of various grades of difficulty (blue ... red) that pretty well define the cave difficulty and it is very essential you can see their names (respective their color).
Currently the name view is global, either all ON or OFF, with the default setting all ON, perhaps we could have two options, 1 to hide own char name, 2 to hide mobs names (with those stronger 'colored' mobs along with subs and bosses exempted - always having their names ON). Not sure if anyone would want option 3 to hide other players names too, doubt that very much.

- Windows text Scale Factor setting (DPI) does not affect ingame font anymore, you can have 125% + DPI scale and the game will render the same font-size.
Mir player base is not getting any younger, does it :apple:

Obviously not good idea as global setting (all subs visible) but server owner might elect to show some subs or maybe even some boss location. I suppose subs that hijack you (teleport you to them) might be made visible on minimap so you could give them wide berth - like last summer on 5H we had sub like that which also didn't have sound file so you got no warning whatsoever, you were just teled to him (heads up for server owners that put in such subs - don't have two of them spawned near each other at the same time, you get teled to one, you land one hit and you get teled to the other and so on, back and forth, making them pretty well undefeatable).

- Added glows to floor items!
The smaller glow like on that para ring is big enough, that on the weapon is a bit too large, also consider the glow not flashing or if yes, with slower period, more gently. IMO just glow and perhaps even less pronounced would be nice. Happy server had such glows on rare-mythic items (no godly category there, in season1 anyway) and was nice thing to have, especially with furious respawns that made it difficult to pick up the drop, with glow you just jumped on the best items as you didn't have much time to examine what dropped.

As commented inside the quote.

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Is it going to have its own forums? Or use your old server forums?

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017

It's already on the old forums, so I'm assuming it's staying on there.

Last edited:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

Had that error happen several times on 5H server, log out/in always fixed that.

Yeah this issue existed on 5h but no one actually reported it, it took me few days to figure out what was going wrong it triggered me since i couldn't reproduce this issue locally, however i got lucky it happens when u pick up an item and u have the 7th slot in your belt empty, the server part wasn't aware of the 7th belt slot so there was a mismatch between item locations (Server side & Clientside) thats why you would try to move it you would get the Item move error exception.

As long as you have clear indication on the client logging interface.
I feel this was necessary, it's more secure we can now rely on forums features like forget password etc, the fact that the server stores plain text for passwords and **** worries me, with forums your passwords are MD5 hashed with a custom formula (sure i can reverse it since i know the formula, I'm authenticating against it after-all, but its better than plain text lol.)

but yeah i feel this was needed. also client will redirect you to forums acc creation when you try and create an account, same with forget password

Behind the scene is more complex, its kinda a feature we're not that dependent on the forums database we can turn it off and authenticate with the in game database at anytime,I'm not gonna go into more details, but all i can say is that there will be a way for you to be able to login ingame if the forums down (DDos attack or whatever disaster situation that may occur)

- Optional health bar now appears above player
head
I'd like to see option where if you choose to see names that I suppose everybody opts for, that you could opt yourself (your own char) out. On Happy server and to somewhat lesser extent on 5H server, the names on your char pretty well obscure it and the action, especially for warriors who need to be close to mobs - IMO the guild name plus your char name under that plus your 'title' still underneath the char name is too much.
Still to switch the name view off globally is not an option, especially with those mobs of various grades of difficulty (blue ... red) that pretty well define the cave difficulty and it is very essential you can see their names (respective their color).
Currently the name view is global, either all ON or OFF, with the default setting all ON, perhaps we could have two options, 1 to hide own char name, 2 to hide mobs names (with those stronger 'colored' mobs along with subs and bosses exempted - always having their names ON). Not sure if anyone would want option 3 to hide other players names too, doubt that very much.

While i agree its abit too much with player name + player title + player guild name+title , these features you've mentioned is nice to have not must to have, i will discuss it with the team anyway.

Obviously not good idea as global setting (all subs visible) but server owner might elect to show some subs or maybe even some boss location. I suppose subs that hijack you (teleport you to them) might be made visible on minimap so you could give them wide berth - like last summer on 5H we had sub like that which also didn't have sound file so you got no warning whatsoever, you were just teled to him (heads up for server owners that put in such subs - don't have two of them spawned near each other at the same time, you get teled to one, you land one hit and you get teled to the other and so on, back and forth, making them pretty well undefeatable).

You as a player have no control over this features, It's we server creators who decide which monster will appear as a skull and wouldn't with a flag on the server side, it's up to ben/dale to use such feature, ben doesn't like it since it'll be like handing the boss to the player in a golden plate :shame:

- Added glows to floor items!
The smaller glow like on that para ring is big enough, that on the weapon is a bit too large, also consider the glow not flashing or if yes, with slower period, more gently. IMO just glow and perhaps even less pronounced would be nice. Happy server had such glows on rare-mythic items (no godly category there, in season1 anyway) and was nice thing to have, especially with furious respawns that made it difficult to pick up the drop, with glow you just jumped on the best items as you didn't have much time to examine what dropped.

The big glow appears when the item is Mythical/Godly and the item size is big not ur regular 16x16 item on the floor, this is a rare case tbh, you wouldn't find them items that easily, but we will see how it goes, it's pretty easy to change those effects.

the gif animation is actually quicker than ingame, it looks neater ingame.

Replied in red!

We've decided to use the current fiveheroes forums and rebrand it, but it would take me time and effort to rebrand it, so i've put it at the bottom of my list :D

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Seems like a few issues I reported in beta have been fixed :chuncky:.

Brilliant work, looking forward to playing.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

we'd probably be ready to go next weekend but sadly I'm away and Fifa is also out (I'm joking Fifa doesnt stop our release, just someone mentioned it lol).

An extra week allows us to continue to work on more stuff and refine it even more ;) Its not a bad thing
I did, FIFA is some serious ****, PS4 FTW

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

FIFA has been dead since the Sidemen stop playing it.. FIFA 18 will be **** just like 16 and 17 was.. dying game people would rather go out side and kick a ball, where as people can't go out and drop a flame field on someones face.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

FIFA has been dead since the Sidemen stop playing it.. FIFA 18 will be **** just like 16 and 17 was.. dying game people would rather go out side and kick a ball, where as people can't go out and drop a flame field on someones face.

Donald Trump probably could.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

wtf are you talking about ? When its out milions buy it...and thats without the pre-order, after that alot of people invest money into FIFA Points....just look on twitch, its not dead and it will never be dead

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Best selling console title of 2016, in the world.
FIFA 17 being fastest selling FIFA ever.
7m units sold in the first week.
21m players as of March 2017.

That's without even searching for more than 30s. Not bad for a dead game eh.
(Not that i play it, never liked them football games)