Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

We get that people are eager to play and pushing release back by 1 week upsets certain people but we're not going to let the months and months of work go to waste by rushing the server and releasing when its not ready.

Hanys just added some big features, they need properly testing for bugs and balance.

For everyone that's annoyed at waiting, just ask yourself would you rather play 1 week early and the game be dead within a month.. or wait a week and still be playing and enjoying it 1 year later?

@kori - early access does not work for an MMO where there is progression and everyone loves racing at the start.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

@kori - early access does not work for an MMO where there is progression and everyone loves racing at the start.

I mean, sure it can, if it's limited in some way and treated as a closed beta test. The only real issue is there's zero way of enforcing it, someone will always share the .exe or their account etc etc. I mean, Archons closed beta was probably one of the reasons why they got so hyped in the first place, shame it never lived up to it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

I mean, sure it can, if it's limited in some way and treated as a closed beta test. The only real issue is there's zero way of enforcing it, someone will always share the .exe or their account etc etc. I mean, Archons closed beta was probably one of the reasons why they got so hyped in the first place, shame it never lived up to it.
dont think limiting levels like archons did is a good way to go at it.

rather just wait a week, release and let people go at it and have fun

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Let's not go into the long list of reasons of Archons failure lol.

Ultimately if stuff is being added and it needs further testing, go ahead lol. We've all seen what lack of testing can produce, and in coding especially it could have some adverse effects on other functions of the game that have clearly been added.

Now that being said...you fkers just gave me another week of boredom lol, dammit! I may now actually have to buy that game i was looking at to occupy my weekend :P

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

dont think limiting levels like archons did is a good way to go at it.

rather just wait a week, release and let people go at it and have fun

Agreed on that front. Just glad you're going at your own pace.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

The worst release date and time you could of picked, Liverpool play ManUtd at that time :beaten:.

At least it's not Friday the 13th, and Football, what a bore overpaid drama queens.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Hope you will keep the storage opening pulling rug from under the client, is the best feature on 5H and fully worthwhile to wait extra time, as long as it takes to implement on this server also.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

awesome news 2 days after i managed to smash out 20 hours overtime so i could get the monday and tuesday off work lol

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

awesome news 2 days after i managed to smash out 20 hours overtime so i could get the monday and tuesday off work lol

whos going to be flipping the burgers while your off? o.0

Trollypolly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

I'd honestly recommend going live as a semi-unfinished product any way, most games seem to go this route of Early Access these days and it's less of an issue explaining why something might not be working fully or be completely finished if people understand this.

This right here is the main reason why the Indie scene for gaming is growing. No matter if you are a juggernaut company or a self employed dev working in your living room... every finished product has bugs and one of those choices has to go through rigorous time consuming steps to get things done (Not the Indie scene). There is more I can ramble on with this but ill stop there.

Just don't get caught up in the mindset that your product is never ready.

LordOfWar-1

LOMCN Leecher
Oct 6, 2017

Do grinders get rewarded in this server? - in the sense that you can get most items from the creep drop file when leveling as opposed to having to do bosses (for those of do not like doing bosses)

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Do grinders get rewarded in this server? - in the sense that you can get most items from the creep drop file when leveling as opposed to having to do bosses (for those of do not like doing bosses)

It would seem not entirely, based off their information releases.

They seem to have decided on timed limits, to keep everyone fairly similar (or rather stop the power differences jumping wildly). If you have played WoW or FF14, you'll know the score. Everyone can earn x amount of y per week, whereby they can then reset and earn another x amount of y the next week. The y will be spent on getting more powerful (presumably through items primarily).

As it's Mir I'm assuming that gear will still drop as rare, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle that. So undoubtedly grinding will still be effective, but I wonder how much so if the token rewards are done well enough.

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

It would seem not entirely, based off their information releases.

They seem to have decided on timed limits, to keep everyone fairly similar (or rather stop the power differences jumping wildly). If you have played WoW or FF14, you'll know the score. Everyone can earn x amount of y per week, whereby they can then reset and earn another x amount of y the next week. The y will be spent on getting more powerful (presumably through items primarily).

As it's Mir I'm assuming that gear will still drop as rare, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle that. So undoubtedly grinding will still be effective, but I wonder how much so if the token rewards are done well enough.

Personally if the kit you can grind for isn't a massive jump behind "luck" drops I'll be happy.

Last few servers iv been on whoever geeked first month has ran the server because they can 2 hit people at bosses people need to kill to get the kit.

If you can graft a decent kit in safety to compete it will be a very good server

JustAUser

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 11, 2017

Good luck, addicted to chron atm.
/deathruler
/muhatma

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bob1

Sounds good
Second post since 2004, #post goals

A mother had a son who was born mute... one day when he was already some ten yrs old, he sat at the table eating soup and he put down his spoon and said "the soup has no salt in it". Everybody around the table was simply flabbergasted, they shouted 'he speaks, he speaks'... and they asked him, how did it come about that all of a sudden he can speak, to which he replied: everything up to now was always OK, there was no need to say anything :topsy_turvy:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bob1

Sounds good

A mother had a son who was born mute... one day when he was already some ten yrs old, he sat at the table eating soup and he put down his spoon and said "the soup has no salt in it". Everybody around the table was simply flabbergasted, they shouted 'he speaks, he speaks'... and they asked him, how did it come about that all of a sudden he can speak, to which he replied: everything up to now was always OK, there was no need to say anything :topsy_turvy:

Nice story there. However, everything is still "ok", considering all he posted was "Sounds good", so based on that story / theory, there was still no need for him to say anything? o.O