Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Aaah, you're right, you got me there :cheerful:
I wanted to post something positive for once and the wanting seems to have got the better of me. :beguiled:

So that I post on topic, I also ask here - whatever happened to the older bro of this baby server? I mean 5H, can't log on today, says I should update the game and closes. :indecisiveness:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

That would be because, it closed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

That would be because, it closed...
That's what you say, didn't see it said by Ben (I assume Bon is Ben) or anybody that is part of running it.

Even if the idea was to close it when this Paragon server becomes live, now that it was put off (and who knows how certain the new date is anyway - with due respect) I would assume it would stay online at least till then.

Last edited:

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011

That's what you say, didn't see it said by Ben (I assume Bon is Ben) or anybody that is part of running it.
Hes saying it more than likely cause it is closed. new server coming out in 5 days.

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014

Lol @ "that's what you say"... what are you 6?

If you wanted an answer from Ben you should have pm'd him..

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Lol @ "that's what you say"... what are you 6?

If you wanted an answer from Ben you should have pm'd him..

I don't think he meant it in a childish manner tbf, more so that he just doesn't know why he should trust you as he hasn't heard it from devs. It's a fair point I guess, but you're not the only person to say it, so don't know why he wouldn't just assume you know whats up

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

I don't think he meant it in a childish manner tbf, more so that he just doesn't know why he should trust you as he hasn't heard it from devs. It's a fair point I guess, but you're not the only person to say it, so don't know why he wouldn't just assume you know whats up

Wasn't there a notice on the forums stating an end date for 5H though?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

I dunno, I was talking purely about his comment and what he meant. Dunno about anything else tbh

My point being, if he would of just done his research or actually put effort in to finding out if it had closed or not, he would know for certain without having to doubt what Adv had stated (kinda defeats the purpose of asking the question to begin with also).

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks WGS for being fair in you judgement towards me (despite us having a little tiff not long ago). TBH I just got back from him what I sort of called for :stung: but still, I only take for given what comes out of horses mouth :beguiled:

5H server still has an active (even if un-maintained for some time) webpage on the auto-launch panel, where it still shows info for 28 01 2017 patch update which means the website is still active. I would suppose Ben would want to end a such a long running server with some official announcement, either on the forum server thread here or even better on that webpage that shows in the auto-launch panel.

Normally when the server is shut down or goes offline for any number of reasons, you get 'connection failed' and it counts tries as the client tries to connect, I am not that familiar with the meaning of the message 'wrong version, pls updated your game...' what it actually signifies regarding server condition. I suppose that happens if you are launching the client direct via client.exe without launcher and thus miss updates when the server has been updated. Some servers have unchecked the 'check client version' radio button allowing you to connect even when the client is not updated (New Eden server was like that).

We know how Paragon and 5H clients are actually 'the same' (likely using the same IP to the same dedi server or something like that), like some folks here were connecting to 5H instead of Paragon server. Maybe this thing with 'wrong version' is related to this mix up, like 5H client of mine connecting to Paragon server all of a sudden this weekend. Mind you 5H server is still listed on the forum server panel here, I just checked and there is supposedly one char logged on currently, so I find that confusing. I understand that some who close their server are disgusted, tired of it and end it less than gloriously but Ben doesn't seem to be one of those that get put off, that is disappointed with their server easily, especially if he is about to put another server, 5H successor online before long.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Mir2pion how do you reply to one sentence with a ****ing essay, you really need t shorten that **** down lol.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Thanks WGS for being fair in you judgement towards me (despite us having a little tiff not long ago). TBH I just got back from him what I sort of called for :stung: but still, I only take for given what comes out of horses mouth :beguiled:

5H server still has an active (even if un-maintained for some time) webpage on the auto-launch panel, where it still shows info for 28 01 2017 patch update which means the website is still active. I would suppose Ben would want to end a such a long running server with some official announcement, either on the forum server thread here or even better on that webpage that shows in the auto-launch panel.

Normally when the server is shut down or goes offline for any number of reasons, you get 'connection failed' and it counts tries as the client tries to connect, I am not that familiar with the meaning of the message 'wrong version, pls updated your game...' what it actually signifies regarding server condition. I suppose that happens if you are launching the client direct via client.exe without launcher and thus miss updates when the server has been updated. Some servers have unchecked the 'check client version' radio button allowing you to connect even when the client is not updated (New Eden server was like that).

We know how Paragon and 5H clients are actually 'the same' (likely using the same IP to the same dedi server or something like that), like some folks here were connecting to 5H instead of Paragon server. Maybe this thing with 'wrong version' is related to this mix up, like 5H client of mine connecting to Paragon server all of a sudden this weekend. Mind you 5H server is still listed on the forum server panel here, I just checked and there is supposedly one char logged on currently, so I find that confusing. I understand that some who close their server are disgusted, tired of it and end it less than gloriously but Ben doesn't seem to be one of those that get put off, that is disappointed with their server easily, especially if he is about to put another server, 5H successor online before long.

I'm pretty sure he did have a notice / official announcement on the forums with a date for the 5H closure (I could be wrong though)

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011

And thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I dn't gve a hoot abut yur 'prtty sur', if yu cn't pst lnk t i, jst yu knw wht yu al shld d, sht yur trps. Shrt nuf?

blink

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 1, 2014

wrong client
game will now close
means d/l was Ok and it will all update at launch?