Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

like i said i was curious,

how come you didn't just improve 1 server instead of getting people to grind it out and take donations? to do it all over again, other people got stick for it who didn't host cash cows, you seem to question why i was curious?

asking genuine questions.
I don't force people to donate, nor is it a requirement. I think on all my servers the number 1 player has been a non-donator.

All servers and games in general have a life span. I like to do new things and generally that means having to start again.
Look at 5heros for example, no1 new joins the server because ppl think its been up too long, they cant catch up, all that usual stuff.

Chronicles is always updated, yet I bet if it relaunched tomorrow with a few new bits its usercount would probably double.

if you dont want to play the game then dont play, i really dont care, but dont sit on this thread being malicious, its just not needed and shows how childish you are

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

Did you even think this d3 paragon through? So according to the images you posted, attack speed 25 will be obtainable from just paragon levels? And slow and everything else?
Also I highly doubt dungeon finder will work out well given the current wow dungeon finder situation: Join dungeon, proceed to smash everything with 0 effort without anyone saying a word, take the loot, leave.

Compare the dungeon finders on other mmorpgs and you will see how they can work (I like final fantasy's). Wow's is bad as the dungeon finder is limited to norm dungeons.. hence the being over in 5 mins. I actually like the mythic group finder (not dungeon finder) on Warcraft as people actually speak. Hate the must have gear item level... link achievement before you can join... etc that imo puts people off using such features.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

The amount of ideas taken from blizzard games and other servers is unbelievable
Yeah that's true, we've got alot of ideas from wow, but honestly i see nothing wrong with that, wow was such a successful mmo, it's not only WoW we're basing/"stealing" our ideas from.

We're trying new things, for instance The Hero Defense type map is a moba map (Dota/LoL Type map)

2 lanes, 2 teams each team has his own boss, 2 towers for each team. (Creeps spawning, Mega Creeps (When you destroy both enemy towers your team will start spawning mega creeps instead of normal creeps etc)

You're meant to protect your king and kill the enemy team king to win.

241pldy.jpg

Last edited:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Wow still is a rather popular and fun mmorpg
But it is nice to see that you were able to implement such features in mir, despite them being inspired

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

Did you even think this d3 paragon through? So according to the images you posted, attack speed 25 will be obtainable from just paragon levels? And slow and everything else?
Also I highly doubt dungeon finder will work out well given the current wow dungeon finder situation: Join dungeon, proceed to smash everything with 0 effort without anyone saying a word, take the loot, leave.

The screenshot above is just to show what stats you can level with Paragon, However they do not represent the actual balance which is something we will be tweaking and testing.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah that's true, we've got alot of ideas from wow, but honestly i see nothing wrong with that, wow was such a successful mmo, it's not only WoW we're basing/"stealing" our ideas from.

We're trying new things, for instance The Hero Defense type map is a moba map (Dota/LoL Type map)

2 lanes, 2 teams each team has his own boss, 2 towers for each team. (Creeps spawning, Mega Creeps (When you destroy both enemy towers your team will start spawning mega creeps instead of normal creeps etc)

241pldy.jpg

I ****ing love this man.
Can't wait !

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

The screenshot above is just to show what stats you can level with Paragon, However they do not represent the actual balance which is something we will be tweaking and testing.

My bad I should've figured it was just to show which stats can be increased, but I am wondering how you will handle a speed such as 2.5(etc)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

241pldy.jpg

some nice idea's, never played WoW myself so be a fresh feeling.. how ever the LoL/dota thing sounds interesting hopefully works smoothly.

also i was wondering will the instance direction reduce PK on the server as a whole?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

The amount of ideas taken from blizzard games and other servers is unbelievable

I'd hardly say anything that's mentioned as specific to Blizzard lol.

Blizzard wern't the first or the only ones, they have just had many many years and expansions to perfect the system than other development companies (And their pretty hefty budget lol).

I will admit, their instancing/raids/group looting features are by the far the best and thought out i've seen and played with...it's a shame others don't take more initiative like this.

Loving the features this has to offer, should be good fun.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

the stats for attack speed etc are not finalized. 1 point wont = 1 a.speed. It'll be more like 10 points to get 1 attack speed

also that is pretty much Mir in general... the whole go into dungeon, smash everything with 0 effort rinse repeat. infact most servers you just do that over and over again all the time for hardly any reward.

at least the way we're doing it, you know there is 100% chance of getting an item. The bosses are going to have a decent respawn timer on them to make them feel special and like bosses.. plus they'll be difficult.

We want it to be like euro mir where you had to get a party together, go for an hour or 2 hunt.. then get a nice reward at the end

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Interesting. Haven't played mir properly since 5H but will deffinately give this a shot.

I like the fact that you are addressing 3 major Mir issues that usually annoy me though i guess we will have to see how the actually play out:
1) Instances. Solves the problem "all bosses are dead so cya in 2hours again"
2) Group finder. On such a low usercount servers its not necessarily always easy to find a group
3) Leveling. With paragon the need of constant leveling is sort of fixed while geeks still get the chance to advance. I would be a bit concerned though about the odd geek donating(or not) wiz that will be 50 Paragon's ahead of the server.

PS. For the love of god remove free stats this time from server like guild buffs, rift medals and if possible make Tao Buff self cast. The downtime you get on hunting when you lack any of these is beyond stupid. Dont force people afk.

Last edited:

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

some nice idea's, never played WoW myself so be a fresh feeling.. how ever the LoL/dota thing sounds interesting hopefully works smoothly.

also i was wondering will the instance direction reduce PK on the server as a whole?

The main reason i still play Legend of Mir is for the PvP, so as we implemented instances we also ensured that this wouldnt be the main focus when it comes to PvE drops or difficulty, The harder / better dropping caves will be open world to ensure there is still that LoM PvP feel to the server.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Nice idea's Hany. Good luck.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Not really, Like I said there are still open world bosses to fight over. Sabuk wall for big scheduled wars.
Plus PvP battleground style games that will happen all day every day... assuming theres people for it

Interesting. Haven't played mir properly since 5H but will deffinately give this a shot.

I like the fact that you are addressing 3 major Mir issues that usually annoy me though i guess we will have to see how the actually play out:
1) Instances. Solves the problem "all bosses are dead so cya in 2hours again"
2) Group finder. On such a low usercount servers its not necessarily always easy to find a group
3) Leveling. With paragon the need of constant leveling is sort of fixed while geeks still get the chance to advance. I would be a bit concerned though about the odd geek donating(or not) wiz that will be 50 Paragon's ahead of the server.

PS. For the love of god remove free stats this time from server like guild buffs, rift medals and if possible make Tao Buff self cast. The downtime you get on hunting when you lack any of these is beyond stupid. Dont force people afk.
We've learned a lot from 5heroes and a lot of what you've said is stuff we've learned and taken on board.

We can't stop people geeking, but the paragon levels will slow down a lot and there will be a sorta soft cap.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

I really dont want to spam your post but i will just say another issue i had on your previous servers which is more important than it seems and yes i know i already mentioned it 2mins ago but it deserves more attention now that server is on the making.

On every single server you have made (and i have played all of them...A LOT) i was forced to have access to a Tao in order to buff me hourly to hunt. There is no need to explain why this is a bad concept and no spamming "Any Tao free for buff?" in guild chat doesnt make Taos more important in group hunts nor makes them necessary for bosses (not that part at least).

Please on this server do something about this (like make them self cast or simply remove them or make them last 3mins like they should so at least i am forced to hunt with that Tao). Everyone that has played your servers properly knows about this issue and i believe even the Taos dont enjoy being buff-bots.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Is there an open beta date and time you plan to start ?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

I really dont want to spam your post but i will just say another issue i had on your previous servers which is more important than it seems and yes i know i already mentioned it 2mins ago but it deserves more attention now that server is on the making.

On every single server you have made (and i have played all of them...A LOT) i was forced to have access to a Tao in order to buff me hourly to hunt. There is no need to explain why this is a bad concept and no spamming "Any Tao free for buff?" in guild chat doesnt make Taos more important in group hunts nor makes them necessary for bosses (not that part at least).

Please on this server do something about this (like make them self cast or simply remove them or make them last 3mins like they should so at least i am forced to hunt with that Tao). Everyone that has played your servers properly knows about this issue and i believe even the Taos dont enjoy being buff-bots.
Tao buffs are likely to be an aura. e.g. if you are within 9x9 of the taoist you get the buff.
You turn them on or off. Whilst on they consume x mana per x seconds.

So in theory a taoist could stack MPR and have all 3 buffs (ac amc dc/sc/mc) enabled and giving to the whole party and just drinking MP pots.

Or you could have 3 separate taoists, all giving 1 buff each

I think it eliminates the annoying 3min constantly having to cast and counter balances the 60min buffs making them essential

this way you HAVE to take a tao with you.. and the tao has to decide on if he goes for a mana regene build for buffs or not.

Is there an open beta date and time you plan to start ?
the plan is to do an open beta this weekend.. we're not going to go mad with the advertising as we're not interested in 100s getting involved, but a decent handful would be nice to help test.

After the beta we'll know more on a release date... emails will go out to everyone etc.. but we'd like to aim for 1st October. Honestly at the moment we're in no rush, we'll see how beta goes.

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

I don't like aura's, being a tao I should have to hang back a little. Personally think the scope should be at least a screen and a half imo. Otherwise aura's force me to be up close.

The whole mana consume thing sounds **** - it sounds as if I'll end up shift locking a melee and going afk. If I'm eating pots do I lack mana to do other useful things?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

I don't like aura's, being a tao I should have to hang back a little. Personally think the scope should be at least a screen and a half imo. Otherwise aura's force me to be up close.

The whole mana consume thing sounds **** - it sounds as if I'll end up shift locking a melee and going afk. If I'm eating pots do I lack mana to do other useful things?
It'll most likely require a few tweaks to get the right mana usage balance
also there's nothing to stop you shift locking and following at the moment and alt tab switching and buffing?
i think it's a nice idea to have Taos have to get amoungst the action. Like I said can have different builds

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012

This looks awesome so far guys can't wait to sink my teeth into something a little different from the ten a penny crystal servers that are popping up recently

Is it going to be an open beta..?

Looking forward to getting in game and playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk