Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Having 3 classes might not be amazing for marketing reasons but in my eyes the rest classes offer nothing other than imbalance. There is no need for another melee class, another class with fireball/sfb and a class with...thrusting.

Some questions/concerns:

- How are you going to address the problem of melee vs ranged fight where its super easy to land ranged spells on C files and as a result melee is constantly flinched?

- How long do you expect the leveling 0-50(cap) will take? The whole concept of paragon levels "shouts" for alt-creation if leveling is sort of easy but even if it isnt its not a bad thing. Just wondering.

- Will taos/wars get aoe spells like on previous servers to keep up with wizzies?

- Is there any chance you will remove the 2 cancerous wiz spells(shield and FW) that make no sense at all? This isnt a cry from a biased warrior player but i simply cant stand:
a) A spell that makes the supposedly squishier class, tankier than the tankiest class
b) A spell on a MMORPG that makes a class level 10x faster than any other class along with ruinning solo and group PVP.
Its not impossible to balance classes without those 2 spells (hp-defences-total damage etc.) and in the whole run it should worth it.

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007

Since so many ideas are used from WoW maybe also remove the donation system most of Mir servers use and also add a monthly fee to play? This way players won't get a advantage over non-donating players.

Think there's also several ways to implement this and also give people who do not want to pay for the game the opportunity to play.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀

Since so many ideas are used from WoW maybe also remove the donation system most of Mir servers use and also add a monthly fee to play? This way players won't get a advantage over non-donating players.

Think there's also several ways to implement this and also give people who do not want to pay for the game the opportunity to play.

i'd probably prefer a server that requires all to pay a small monthly fee instead of having an in-game shop or donation which might benefit too much the supporting players. At least it would keep the things the same for all the players. I'm sure anything in the range from 1$ to 5$ per month won't bother anyone here and will give a steady income to the developers of the game.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

It's a free to play game we won't restrict users by forcing subscription

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

Are you actually joking lol remove wiz shield ? The shield / low hp is the fun of the class.

Ben is pretty good at balancing classes when it comes to levelling and generally people won't solo on here

wumatica

RandomHero
Golden Oldie
Nov 21, 2007

It's a free to play game we won't restrict users by forcing subscription

I see what u mean but maybe only give players that donate the advantage of changing their sex, hair etc? or some sort of ViP status (giving thing like be able to acces mail, tm and so on outside SZ)?

Anyway definitly going to give this a go!

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

In relation to class balance.

This will be an ongoing fight and struggle as it is with any RPG, Anyone who has owned and ran a server before knows you can't just rely on what people say is OP as many factors come into it level / gear etc. That been said I plan to be ingame most of the time on observer mode watching fights and pvp's between players closely to determine what I deem acceptable changes to each class in relation to balanace.

Any balance changes i plan to make to classes will be done with full testing with multiple people ingame and patch notes will be released with a full explanation on why i have made those changes.

All changes we make will be up for debate on the forums.

Last edited:

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

is beta hopefully friday or saturday

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I read the main post, and i'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but best to check anyway :)

If like WoW, the instances and such, the mobs will NOT respawn right? So you're essentially dungeon running as oppose to the standard (More or less), running around in circles doing the same mobs over and over in the same room lol.

And if so, how will the maps be designed?

Open, like big caves and choose where and how to proceed through the map (Basically your standard map design we've been using for the past decade). Or more specific to set path directions much like you would find in instances and raids in WoW, where you can only go 1 direction so you effectively have the same "challenge" and obstacles for all players?

Personally I think it would be cool to have it so you're progressing through a dungeon when you level in solo instances and such, as oppose to our usual running around on 1 floor for half an hour :)

Last edited:

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

I read the main post, and i'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but best to check anyway :)

If like WoW, the instances and such, the mobs will NOT respawn right? So you're essentially dungeon running as oppose to the standard (More or less), running around in circles doing the same mobs over and over in the same room lol.

And if so, how will the maps be designed?

Open, like big caves and choose where and how to proceed through the map (Basically your standard map design we've been using for the past decade). Or more specific to set path directions much like you would find in instances and raids in WoW, where you can only go 1 direction so you effectively have the same "challenge" and obstacles for all players?

Its a good question, We actually have the option to have mobs respawn or not and also have the option to disable player respawning as you can imagine this will let us get quite creative with things as the server progresses. Imagine a cave that is very very hard with player respawning disabled and multiple bosses to progress through until the final boss.

We have a mixture of your classic Mir caves with multiple floors and multiple bosses but for some of our caves we do have that 1 lane type of cave much like WoW as you mentioned.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Its a good question, We actually have the option to have mobs respawn or not and also have the option to disable player respawning as you can imagine this will let us get quite creative with things as the server progresses. Imagine a cave that is very very hard with player respawning disabled and multiple bosses to progress through until the final boss.

We have a mixture of your classic Mir caves with multiple floors and multiple bosses but for some of our caves we do have that 1 lane type of cave much like WoW as you mentioned.

Cool :)

Very much the fan of not having to bum a single floor for hours for example and actually having a focused target and a feel of "progression" through a cave. With the maps designed for 1 path, you can probably control the difficulty for precisely as you would know 100% what the players will be facing, as oppose to it being based on somewhat random spawns and clusters of mobs.

Also liking the idea of the challenges of not dying going through some hard instances.

Should be a nice new and welcomed spin to things if utilised correctly.

Last edited:

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

Cool :)

Very much the fan of not having to bum a single floor for hours for example and actually having a focused target and a feel of "progression" through a cave. With the maps designed for 1 path, you can probably control the difficulty for precisely as you would know 100% what the players will be facing, as oppose to it being based on somewhat random spawns and clusters of mobs.

Also liking the idea of the challenges of not dying going through some hard instances.

Should be a nice new and welcomed spin to things if utilised correctly.

I actually love some of the features Hany has been able to provide us with, I consider myself quite a creative person and the amount of ideas and possibilitys some of these features give enable me to be alot more creative when it comes to adding quality content in the future.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Are there going to be solo 'dungeons'? And if so, are there going to be instances of 'chunk' exp/rewards?

So rather than killing the mobs in one cave over and over, your time can be spent doing a run, where achieving the end goal (boss kill whatever) grants you a big chunk of exp?

I don't mind grinding out for experience (naturally, it's Mir after all), but it would be nice to have a change up in playstyle where I can progress towards a specific goal, or at least even have a goal to get the reward.

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

Are there going to be solo 'dungeons'? And if so, are there going to be instances of 'chunk' exp/rewards?

So rather than killing the mobs in one cave over and over, your time can be spent doing a run, where achieving the end goal (boss kill whatever) grants you a big chunk of exp?

I don't mind grinding out for experience (naturally, it's Mir after all), but it would be nice to have a change up in playstyle where I can progress towards a specific goal, or at least even have a goal to get the reward.

The great thing about instances is that we can limit the group size to just one person for a particular instance making it solo only, So where in other servers you can't really balance a cave for good rewards for solo people because people will just group up and fly through it we have the power to make a challenging solo only instance that still offers good rewards.

This is definitely something i intend to utilize more however i do need too keep a close eye on adding too many instance type caves so it doesnt conflict with Mir's pvp system.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Thank you for the info. My main point though is: Is it going to be viable to do most of the levelling in this fashion, or do you still expect the play style to be level through grinding, interspersed with the odd dungeon to get a decent item etc. It's still better of course, but I'd like to know the philosophy a bit.

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

Thank you for the info. My main point though is: Is it going to be viable to do most of the levelling in this fashion, or do you still expect the play style to be level through grinding, interspersed with the odd dungeon to get a decent item etc. It's still better of course, but I'd like to know the philosophy a bit.

The best way to Level i hope will be from doing the storyline quests from level's 1-50 we obviously have the boring generic kill 20 of these type quests but then also have quests which should be fun and engaging, I would say 90% of these quests don't require you too even enter a cave until level 50.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Sounds promising. More than quests I was hoping for .. I dunno how to describe it.

If you've played D3, think bounties. Where you do certain short sharp 'missions' which offer a chunk of exp at the end. Whereas grinding in one spot may be more efficient, doing the bounties keep things feeling 'flowing' and pacy, as opposed to grind, grind repeat thing. It's really just grinding anyway, but its wrapped with a short term end goal in sight if that makes sense.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

How is beta looking? What time/date can we roughly expect?

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

is it beta straight into live without wipe or?

a lot of servers take this approach if there isn't any game breaking bugs.