Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

if you want to get ahead of the game with the client download, then get the fiveheroes client downloaded. Its probably about 20 mb file difference

Hotpocket isn't around tonight, Hany is in another country, and I'm chilling, we never said beta was going to be tonight.

Its a very casual beta, it'll be open tomorrow at some time when dale is around

its not one of them betas were we're just gonna open the game and let everyone log on and do their own thing.. we wanna be online at the same time to listen to feedback, hunt with you guys, test with you guys

we're not after 100s of people logging on, just a handful of people to test a bunch of stuff... 5-10+ people would be all we're really after, but if 50-100 turn up then thats fine too

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017

Server looking like it'll be keeping people busy, count me in (not for beta no time ;P)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Its a very casual beta, it'll be open tomorrow at some time when dale is around

That was posted yesterday.

Thus, One would assume...today. At Some time, when "dale" is around.

I know reading is hard for some but jesus christ it's literally 2 posts above you.

-

Goodluck with the server Ben, looks like everything I'd want in a server. Great work. Take your time with the beta, gather feedback, and do as you've always done and make your own decisions. One thing that can be said is you're not bullied into making a decision by the community, which is where a lot of server owners go wrong. I look forward to seeing where this will go.

Most people don't understand that FiveHeroes was just the starting point for the files to grow, it was never a full term server and was used to gather data. I hope Ben has gathered all he needs for this server to thrive as honestly, we need a fresh Mir2 server atm.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

Actually It was 2 posts above and the 3rd sentence down If thats how u wan't to judge It. (Just Saying)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Its normal to log into FH server with that client?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

How long will it be on for? I have plans at 2, but will be back around later if it's still up >.<

Daniel1407

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2016

u open that client and either download it fully or put it in the FH server and delete the FH mir2config and keybinds then run the patcher u will get a 750mb update do that then u can get on server when it gets opened up.You will know u done it correct if u see ParagonMir on the background of the client when u open it

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Its normal to log into FH server with that client?
shouldnt log you onto FH, its hard coded exe, so you must somehow have the wrong config

delete your mir2config.ini and client.exe... download the new one and try again

mir2config should have this at the patcher bit

Code:
[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://patch.paragonmir.com/autopatcher/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=True
ServerName=FiveHeroes
Browser=http://patch.paragonmir.com/launcher/

or just in case DNS hasn't updated:

Code:
[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://51.255.87.53/autopatcher/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=True
ServerName=FiveHeroes
Browser=http://51.255.87.53/launcher/

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

yeah it just logs me into 5 hero's for some reason

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:27 PM ----------

[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://patch.paragonmir.com/autopatcher/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=True
ServerName=FiveHeroes
Browser=http://patch.paragonmir.com/launcher/

this worked for me now i have 400mb download on top of my 5heros client

Daniel1407

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2016

Yh i had that problem but i fixed it.
Its really easy to fix it all u have to do is put the paragon client into your FiveHeroes folder and run it if it comes up with FiveHeroes delete the Mir2Config and KeyBinds and run the patcher again should come up with Paragon Server and 750mb(ish) to download

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

yes it wont replace your mir2config.ini as it'll start wiping peoples settings.

so if you are not starting with a fresh folder and are putting it in an existing mir folder, make sure you delete/rename your mir2config.ini

otherwise you'll connect to the wrong patcher :mask:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania

yes it wont replace your mir2config.ini as it'll start wiping peoples settings.

so if you are not starting with a fresh folder and are putting it in an existing mir folder, make sure you delete/rename your mir2config.ini

otherwise you'll connect to the wrong patcher :mask:

This worked for me Ben (downloading a 500MB patch) :
[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://51.255.87.53/autopatcher/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=True
ServerName=FiveHeroes
Browser=http://51.255.87.53/launcher/

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Played for a couple of hours.

While it is expected that the first few levels are never overly exciting, i was sorely disappointed to be fair.
The first 90 mins was spent killing hens, scarecrows, yobs etc, the usual. Except you basically spawned hundreds of them in an extremely tiny space right outside the door. Gave a very cheap feeling to starting out.

Pets given for the 'Boss mob' and subsequent Oma skeleton quests again made it all feel very cheap. The skeleton with aoe kills 5/6 mobs by the time i kill 1, walking around luring mobs onto a pet as a warrior, because why wouldn't you at that rate when i have to kill 70+, is not much fun.

I got as far as the OmaKing quest, some afk persons pet killed what i assume is a flag based mob inside kr?, he never re-spawned after waiting 10 mins or so. So now i have no quests.

I did the first instance, noticed only 1 area shout saying 'follow me' along those lines, and that was it. killed 15 mobs or so then boss. Again, nothing did any damage, no real lore or even ending to it. I even stuck around waiting, expecting something to happen. Maybe i missed something?

The quests themselves don't seem to have much content, yes i read them all! (so far) Basic go to 1 npc kill 10/20 mobs that are walking around him and then he either gives you another for the same mobs or sends you to the next that's 10 seconds run away, rinse and repeat. Probably mostly due to the fact each npc is only a few seconds run from the last.

Gear wise, the stats seem way out of proportion, i have more legendary/mythic items than rare so far, nothing really seems to do any damage.

Overall i think the biggest issue for me is that everything just feels ridiculously cramped, and unengaging. Hundreds of mobs spawned in a tiny little courtyard. No exploration. Opening the big map shows a bunch of level marked areas, i can only assume that you have everything 1-50 on this 1 map? What about after? Is it all instanced?

I know it all seems very negative sorry, I've only played the first 20~ levels, but that's my thoughts so far.
A lot of this is probably more personal preference (overly cramped and pets)

You have a bunch of really interesting looking features otherwise, and i still look forward to seeing how they turn out.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar

for some reason when i launch autopatcher it some times show me the message box with
" legend of mir stopped working ..etc " with debug + close buttons

any idea whats causing that?

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

After running patch I just keep getting "one or more files failed to download view error.txt for details" then launcher continuously loop closes

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar

still waiting for a help to fix this " legend of mir has stopped working " issue
been waiting for a long time now lol