Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16

Re: New Eden: Fix pot regen please

There's a simple fix to this. (If the problem is still Pot regen speed)

Send me a message on discord, we'll have it fixed for you in about 3 minutes.

Explanation:

You want to Process PLAYERS independently to the mobs. (It's how its done on Marble and Zircon).
    A bigger, better carrot.... Coming soon.

Zircon Home Page,

Zircon Download

Quote Originally Posted by NightScare View Post
    In fairness, I have plenty of time to work on the server.

I just cba right now, What ever I do will be wrong anyway.

I'd rather play WOW, no-one shouts at me or moans at me on there.

If I am honest, I actually forget this is still going and i'm like "oh shit, best log on LOMCN".

There is just no point sinking hours into this for 4 people, especially with Bens/Jamies new server coming soon, I cant compete with them.

I'm at loss as what to do, as IMO their more than enough content, If people don't like it, they just dont like it unfortuantly.
    Lol why not just close it.

Whatever the reason is, low user count or loss of interest, it makes no difference.

If you've lost interest, just close it.

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

If you have time on the host already paid for, and the users want to play with no GM input, let them be lol , otherwise noone realistically expect him to keep it up if hes paying for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie/Hello View Post
    There's a simple fix to this. (If the problem is still Pot regen speed)

Send me a message on discord, we'll have it fixed for you in about 3 minutes.

Explanation:

You want to Process PLAYERS independently to the mobs. (It's how its done on Marble and Zircon).
    There are a ton of problems after the change of host.

1. Pots regen is very slow
    2. Disappearance of monsters like Hellking from SerpentGrove
    3. Fast bosses now moves very slow
    4. Somehow boss drops real crappy lately. Last I played they're dropping only pots and goldbars. Some of guild mates notices it too. Probably our luck just suck
    5. Some skill damage registers late or comes into effect late.

Most of what I notice may be due to the cycle delay. But if they matey has given up there'd probably be no use

Night dude imagine if every server owner out there thought the exact same thing as you. What's the point have you seen the latest server due to out ect ect , there would be only one server lol.

Over the years of being a member of lomcn I have learnt a few differently things.

1) Players WILL ALWAYS MOAN no matter what even on official servers.
    2) New servers WILL ALWAYS pop up and look way better ( shiney new penny )... not necessarily stay up though lmao.

To name two things lol

What you need to consider and think about is, no matter how many servers pop up and no matter how shiner they seem players always tend to go back to what they know and love. You can have the shiniest penny in the world, but if players feel ignored they will move on to were they are heard and were their friends are as well as were they feel most comfortable.

So don't loose heart mate , I personally know of a server that has literally been running since USA mir closed ( not sure if he has changed to c files ) and that is using the ruby files. It's all about what YOU can add to your server to make it unique. I.E. add newer maps , mobs kits ect make it fun... bigger is not always better .

LOMCN Senior Member KingCobra92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaosdeath View Post
    Night dude imagine if every server owner out there thought the exact same thing as you. What's the point have you seen the latest server due to out ect ect , there would be only one server lol.

Over the years of being a member of lomcn I have learnt a few differently things.

1) Players WILL ALWAYS MOAN no matter what even on official servers.
    2) New servers WILL ALWAYS pop up and look way better ( shiney new penny )... not necessarily stay up though lmao.

To name two things lol

What you need to consider and think about is, no matter how many servers pop up and no matter how shiner they seem players always tend to go back to what they know and love. You can have the shiniest penny in the world, but if players feel ignored they will move on to were they are heard and were their friends are as well as were they feel most comfortable.

So don't loose heart mate , I personally know of a server that has literally been running since USA mir closed ( not sure if he has changed to c files ) and that is using the ruby files. It's all about what YOU can add to your server to make it unique. I.E. add newer maps , mobs kits ect make it fun... bigger is not always better .
    But bigger does usually mean more money, which unfortunately is 95% of server owners are doing it for , so if theres only 5 people in game donating 5quid a week or some shit, i wouldnt waste my time either.

I hear were you are coming from , yes servers are springing up like weeds these days just to make a quick buck ( cash cows ) and then no sooner do they appear then are they gone , and make an appearance a few weeks / months later under a different name. Personally I do not think that should be allowed , and that ALL server owners should be transparent and show proof of the fact that they are ACTUALLY using a Dedi to host the files ect and provide proof of its specs and cost , but that's just my personal opinion and I know it can not be policed or forced. That is why although paragon is new and looks flashy it might NOT be to everyone she liking and night might find that if he persevered with his work that a lot of trusted / regular players may return.

But hey that's just my thought on it anyways

Quote Originally Posted by chaosdeath View Post
    I hear were you are coming from , yes servers are springing up like weeds these days just to make a quick buck ( cash cows ) and then no sooner do they appear then are they gone , and make an appearance a few weeks / months later under a different name. Personally I do not think that should be allowed , and that ALL server owners should be transparent and show proof of the fact that they are ACTUALLY using a Dedi to host the files ect and provide proof of its specs and cost , but that's just my personal opinion and I know it can not be policed or forced. That is why although paragon is new and looks flashy it might NOT be to everyone she liking and night might find that if he persevered with his work that a lot of trusted / regular players may return.

But hey that's just my thought on it anyways
    The use or lack of a Dedi host is far from the reason why the servers of late did not do so well. In-fact it is probably the furthest thing from why people left them. Assuming it had any impact at all.

Further restricting genuine peoples efforts on arbitrary requirements is just stupid. It does not help solve the problem at all.

Sorry chalice I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was referring to the fact that so many servers spring up JUST FOR CASH. Some claim it's dedi costs ect that's why I said things should really be transparent and ANY cost should be clearly displayed so that players know for a fact what if anything finance is required. Rather than joining a server for a few weeks and after paying x amount the server closes , but in saying that even that would not stop cash cow servers. Just wish there was a way that it could be stopped period.

i might be the only player left in NewEden. shit.. IDC ahha! will stay until night decides to shut the server for good lol. till then.. imma still roam around the server!

Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra92 View Post
    But bigger does usually mean more money, which unfortunately is 95% of server owners are doing it for , so if theres only 5 people in game donating 5quid a week or some shit, i wouldnt waste my time either.
    I'd bet that's not why this guy put up this server. The problem is clearly the exact opposite, he put the server up after considerable labor and enthusiasm input and hoping pple will like it, which btw they did, and that it will go on to long run with at least tens of pple on it after the initial crowd thins down. If it was like you say it 'usually' is, he wouldn't show such obvious disappointment when as he said he doesn't even want to see how its doing or do anything to keep it up, being sick of it.

Both motivation to put a server, money or 'look what a shiny toy I got', spell the short lived server. Its not good to be too emotionally invested in server as it is when its just money and no such emotional connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12