Request Evil Mir Server Files?

smoochy boys on tour

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
hi,

odd request i know but has anyone got some of the old evil mir files?

one of the most fun servers ive played, my goal is to remake a similar server.

was the ones run by the 2 brothers daydie.

anything is always appreciated, Dest.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Best server ever xD Loved the cave with raking cats that just spawned in big piles, the exp token was good aswell shame Daydie was a cash cow he made some good high rates back in the day.. I was speaking to somebody not to long back that was still in touch with daydie through social media he'll probably still have them...

He did sell a few copys of them though so i'm 100% somebody has some lying about, that could be massive if you could convert them to crystal and balance the new spells with it.

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
raking cat cave one of the best leveling places i remember ^.^ greatevilmir kit the special para ring etc, loved it all. would be amazing to get these files update them and get it online. would not be a cash server at all. just be nice having it or something very close to it online.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Attempted a remake of the old AlphaFrozen files, and by extension, WeOwn :P

But the original stats are just too over powering with the skills that are in the game now...it requires some real adjustments and balancing. Especially with para rings and such.

I got all of the items in, plus the spells (Such as WarShield for example) and I haven't done anything with it yet :P But i'm sure with some actual effort, somebody could easily revive a much loved 1.4 server and bring it into Crystal correctly.

But I bet any of the original servers, with the stats as they are will have the same problem as all of the high rates back then capped out on the stats all the time (255-255).

Auds

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2007
i think even left as it was like weown server, they would be loved and appreciated by those that have the memories from these servers. Fingers crossed someone can locate the daydie :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ronez still has Insomnia an WeOwn as far as im aware..

It can be done with Para ring on Crystal, Atlantis is a good example para / pros etc but it flows well shame about the GM lol and thats was higher stats than could be achieved on WeOwn. 255 Cap i feel could be pretty easy to re-make.

Where as EvilMir / Torozor was all 1.9/2.3 with 65k stat cap thats where things will get tricky but still could be done with the right tweaks to spells and maybe to take one or 2 spells out.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Just remove the cap?

.. It isn't the cap that was the problem, Torozor for example you could have over 2500 DC at level 200+ which on crystal files as they sit would just be 1 hit over n over, people will have to play with skill damage for awhile to get it right.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Just remove the cap?

Can remove the stat cap, but I was told you also have to remove it for each individual item, which requires hundreds of line of code, takes some real work to do, and most people can't code to that extent.

People need to start releasing files like these so we can have some good conversions / projects going that people enjoyed, Insomnia was the best set of files I ever played, was a LOT of fun.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Can remove the stat cap, but I was told you also have to remove it for each individual item, which requires hundreds of line of code, takes some real work to do, and most people can't code to that extent.

People need to start releasing files like these so we can have some good conversions / projects going that people enjoyed, Insomnia was the best set of files I ever played, was a LOT of fun.

OR we can have lots of 1minute remakes. No remake ever lives up to the original, and back then you got away with a lot of buggy glitch bits, and balance wasn't as criticized as now.

Sometimes it best to let servers rest in peace.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
OR we can have lots of 1minute remakes. No remake ever lives up to the original, and back then you got away with a lot of buggy glitch bits, and balance wasn't as criticized as now.

Ash's Torozor files on Heroes were better than the ones on ledu by far :D besides that they pretty much end up shitty.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Just remove the cap?

Cap wasn't the problem lol.

Skills such as TDB didn't exist back then. Originally any class could almost be 1 hit (Wiz was always 1 hit lol), Shield helped protect that, but with TDB being able to go through it, it would be 1 hits all over.

1.9 servers would have it even worse lol.

Mecha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 28, 2015
Essex
Then take out TDB? Like if you want to relive the good old times then keep it very much similiar or the same. Though, the servers back then were fun, it was also around that time that made it fun, coming home from school playing for a few hours even doing overnighters and missing school lol. Just make a good server to play and keep it original rather than a remake.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Then take out TDB? Like if you want to relive the good old times then keep it very much similiar or the same. Though, the servers back then were fun, it was also around that time that made it fun, coming home from school playing for a few hours even doing overnighters and missing school lol. Just make a good server to play and keep it original rather than a remake.

Nobody wants to play like that, that was the downfall of older files, Warrior use to pvp by Paraing somebody then stepping back and thrusting them to death nobody wants to play like that, what you just said is probably everybody first thought of ways around it but then it would hurt the usercount, would leave warrior with Flamesword / Thrusting / Slaying hardly playble when your going to have Wizz dropping FF and met on your face.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Skills such as TDB didn't exist back then. Originally any class could almost be 1 hit (Wiz was always 1 hit lol), Shield helped protect that, but with TDB being able to go through it, it would be 1 hits all over.

You do realise you can just make TDB work with AC instead of ignoring it? =-/

It would still be better for the community to have more servers running and hopefully more sets of files released (it's better than people hogging files to themselves and not uploading, especially when they aren't even being used). These files we are speaking of have a brilliant foundation to build on, plus the fact we have the source code for crystal, there could really be some excellent servers come up in the future.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Item stat cap takes abit to rise the rite way, TBD very easy to make it work euro or any server

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You do realise you can just make TDB work with AC instead of ignoring it? =-/

Lol yes i'm well aware :P

But hearing the countless and repetitive arguments of players on servers lately, it wouldn't fly.

TDB apparently makes the Warrior useful (Despite personally thinking it's complete bullshit lol). Take that away, and by that i mean what you have suggested, and you get the problem :P

I'm from the era where stepping back and Thrusting a target was the way to win fights on the older files as a Warrior lol.

Nowadays if a target didn't die almost straight away from a spam of TDB (Bare in mind, on the files they would have maxed speed, it would happen in a blink of an eye), people would bitch lol.

And anyway, purposely leaving out skills or changing how they are intended to work, kind of defeats the purpose of bringing an older server into up to date files :P You may as well just launch the 1.4 version :D

It wouldn't be too difficult to make it work, just requires a bit of effort and thought. With having full access to the source, things could be adjusted without sacrificing how the skills works.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Lol yes i'm well aware :P

But hearing the countless and repetitive arguments of players on servers lately, it wouldn't fly.

TDB apparently makes the Warrior useful (Despite personally thinking it's complete bullshit lol). Take that away, and by that i mean what you have suggested, and you get the problem :P

I'm from the era where stepping back and Thrusting a target was the way to win fights on the older files as a Warrior lol.

Nowadays if a target didn't die almost straight away from a spam of TDB (Bare in mind, on the files they would have maxed speed, it would happen in a blink of an eye), people would bitch lol.

And anyway, purposely leaving out skills or changing how they are intended to work, kind of defeats the purpose of bringing an older server into up to date files :P You may as well just launch the 1.4 version :D

It wouldn't be too difficult to make it work, just requires a bit of effort and thought. With having full access to the source, things could be adjusted without sacrificing how the skills works.

I come from 1.4, I know exactly what you mean in terms of PVP, especially the walk PVP instead of shift locking etc.

I didn't suggest removing TDB, that was someone else on this thread. I merely suggested making it work with AC instead of ignoring it, which is how it's supposed to work to begin with. It would be completely stupid to have it ignore AC on updated files for example, Torozor.

If TDB was to take into account one's AC, and coupled with changing how the flinch system works (reducing the chance of flinch dramatically) it would balance warr vs range classes, then could manually go through each spell on a range class and adjust damage based around how fast a warrior can kill them when paralysed or if they got stuck etc etc... there's so many ways to balance (Warrior is meant to be the damage dealer, then it would be Wizard (currently they do absurd amount of damage from spells and plus magic shield is usually OP resulting in them being more of a tank than a Warrior), Taoists doing the lowest damage with SFB (they are a support class), but having pets and poison do decent damage over time. I'm not even mentioning the other two classes because IMO, they are broken and need looking at completely, lol.

Last edited:

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
i come from the 2nd week of open beta dragon server, before pay 2 play, long before most of you

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
i come from the 2nd week of open beta dragon server, before pay 2 play, long before most of you

And yet you clearly have little experience with mir, if you did, you would have posted something useful here.

Let the grown ups have this discussion, come back when you have grown up.