Request Evil Mir Server Files?

smoochy boys on tour

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016
And yet you clearly have little experience with mir, if you did, you would have posted something useful here.

Let the grown ups have this discussion, come back when you have grown up.

Yes, because LOMCN is full of grown up discussions!

Why would i post something useful about remaking old servers, like someone has already stated, they are fun for all of 5mins and then people have the realization that it was fun 10 years ago, not so much now.

Why not incorporate some of the features or content into a new server instead of failing to recreate old servers.

Just my 2 cents

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Why would i post something useful about remaking old servers, like someone has already stated, they are fun for all of 5mins and then people have the realization that it was fun 10 years ago, not so much now.

Why not incorporate some of the features or content into a new server instead of failing to recreate old servers.

Just my 2 cents

It's hardly a discussion of a copy and paste job now is it lol.

Just the changes to compensate for the rates it had and the kind of PvP they were known for would be enough of a change to make it completely different from the original.

And just for dick measuring sake, Day 2 of open beta Dragon Server...I win :P

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Just my 2 cents

I said THIS discussion, not LOMCN in general, please learn to read and comprehend. However, I've already answered that question (or what I assume is a question)....

"It would still be better for the community to have more servers running and hopefully more sets of files released (it's better than people hogging files to themselves and not uploading, especially when they aren't even being used). These files we are speaking of have a brilliant foundation to build on"

To further my point, by releasing server files, it allows each person to make changes to them, some not always good, but sometimes can be a gold mine if the right person works on the files (can incorporate things we haven't seen before, or change the feel of the server completely), and by that person then re-releasing, that cycle continues, so the game itself and the server files continue to evolve.

Bare in mind that not everyone has a ton of free time to create a full server from scratch, but they could download a good set of server files and then make their desired changes (could re-do caves, or re-do items, change rates, incorporate new skills, etc etc). The foundation is already there, it saves people time, a lot of people are put off by how long it takes, so if we can reduce this time by already having a server packed with content and able to change certain parts easily, maybe more people would delve in to it and release content.

Also, considering the amount of features that can be implemented into files now, and the fact they can keep expanding (if it's done properly), why would they be "boring"? I'm sure if Torozor was remade properly and kept building, it would probably have the biggest usercount on here.

Last edited:

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
no signs of the files yet aha ^.^ on to create a like for like server it is. All i say is sometimes keeping it simple pleases a few, i know i loved evilmir and a few other old thrown together servers and prefer them to the long winded serious ones of today.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
The problem with today's society is that if it takes more than two hits to kill a mob or it takes more than 5 minutes to make 10 levels then it's crap / boring or to hard. Makes you wonder how they would have faired playing on Dragon or Phoenix back in the day were you spent HOURS / WEEKS even MONTHS in bug cave just to make a level or two , not to mention how long it took to level your skills. The same is said about the drops if a mir armour does not drop instantly then once again all you get are moaners. Yes I understand times have changed but fk me it's about time players started to work for their kits levels and **** instead of just logging onto a server and "demanding" 50 levels and the best gear..... but alas I guess that will never happen lol

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
The problem with today's society is that if it takes more than two hits to kill a mob or it takes more than 5 minutes to make 10 levels then it's crap / boring or to hard. Makes you wonder how they would have faired playing on Dragon or Phoenix back in the day were you spent HOURS / WEEKS even MONTHS in bug cave just to make a level or two , not to mention how long it took to level your skills. The same is said about the drops if a mir armour does not drop instantly then once again all you get are moaners. Yes I understand times have changed but fk me it's about time players started to work for their kits levels and **** instead of just logging onto a server and "demanding" 50 levels and the best gear..... but alas I guess that will never happen lol

The problem also is server stability and uptime, not to mention the fact that because people did level on official and spent years getting kit etc etc, they don't want to commit themselves to re-doing it again, so they opt for more of a med rate server maybe even high rate to enjoy the time they spend.

P.S, Newport, eh? same here, lol.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Yea that's also a contributing factor servers these days do no thing seem to stay up more than a few months ... there are a few exceptions obviously but majority of them are up and down like yo yo's

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Better off making a custom crystal server... at least it'll work on everyone's PC... :P

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Better off making a custom crystal server... at least it'll work on everyone's PC... :P

All they have to do is run a VM inside their current OS, takes about 10 minutes to set up lol.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Yep, but why should we have too...? crystal would always probably run much smoother IMO

You don't HAVE to, that's down to your preference. Some people really want to play older versions of files though, and in order to get older versions of files to work, you would need to be on VM running a lower version of Windows alongside current OS, is all I'm saying, but again, it's not difficult to do, takes minimal effort at best.