The Last days of Dragon Server

Equinnox

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 22, 2017
Towards the end of Euro mir, months before they shut down the server, the game became quite the **** hole. All the good players had long gone, and the only people left were the people who had nothing better to do than play a game on life support. (me)

Almost everyone used cheats, I'd say atleast 50% of people did it blindly, even in towns and sz. There was no law left in the game, which was very interesting to watch.

Everyone had duped Mir items. Many Romanians were running around in full mir kit, and you could easily get some of your own by asking them for a handout. They were frequently ddosing the server to create even more duped items. I guess that means a GNO admin had to restart the server? Usually it took about 3 days so I guess their office was pretty dead. :lol

Did this stuff also happen on Phoenix ?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Towards the end of Euro mir, months before they shut down the server, the game became quite the **** hole. All the good players had long gone, and the only people left were the people who had nothing better to do than play a game on life support. (me)

Almost everyone used cheats, I'd say atleast 50% of people did it blindly, even in towns and sz. There was no law left in the game, which was very interesting to watch.

Everyone had duped Mir items. Many Romanians were running around in full mir kit, and you could easily get some of your own by asking them for a handout. They were frequently ddosing the server to create even more duped items. I guess that means a GNO admin had to restart the server? Usually it took about 3 days so I guess their office was pretty dead. :lol

Did this stuff also happen on Phoenix ?

Worse,

I had GM powers, I made items and sold them to people.

Para's pros, +10 items was fun lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I remember the day it all went to ****, I was in evilmir kr with the guild and a GM spawned loads of ZTs on us, I tt'd away thinking **** that, he recalled me back, tt'd again and logged off. He tried so hard to kill me to lose my added RMS etc.
Luckily being EM I was fully equipped with a **** ton of sun pots, revival ring and pro ring. Had a mir item or 2 and all the drops in my bag as well, was bricking it
Think the game got closed and rewound after that as they started spawning loads **** in town etc.
Thats when all the in public duping, cheating etc started

Was loads of cheats that happened before then though, I remember the bene exploit that happened got my luck+6 and luck+5 sowg's and various other weapons high luck lol

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
For myself I can say I didn't cheat or buy or accept offers of duped items handouts when the server (Phoenix) was on its last legs (or anytime before that).
And its only poetic justice if nowadays, as it sometimes happens, pple screw up servers run by those who at one time helped to screw up those euro servers.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
For myself I can say I didn't cheat or buy or accept offers of duped items handouts when the server (Phoenix) was on its last legs (or anytime before that).
And its only poetic justice if nowadays, as it sometimes happens, pple screw up servers run by those who at one time helped to screw up those euro servers.
euro wasn't destroyed by the players, it was simply allowed to happen so they had an excuse to close it.

you can't say it was x player that ruined and put down euro.. it was the lack of updates, care, GMs etc the list goes on forever .. thats why euro died. not because people started openly cheating and exploiting towards the end of its life.. that **** was going on from the start all the way to the end.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Worse,

Terrible mess

Images01.png

Images04.png

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I do love looking at old screenies and just seeing normal items without shitty glows all associated, and less slots, the simple days.

I'd play it all over again i miss it so much, private servers just never the same and can't agree more item glows are so shitty just make's the game look really tacky.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
ah, mir was so funny, I remember them trying to ban me all the time on phoenix lol :P

Eventually just got bored of it like others did I guess.

Do really miss the type of game, and it has set a certain expectation that no other game other then l2/bdo has managed to fill.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
euro wasn't destroyed by the players, it was simply allowed to happen so they had an excuse to close it.

you can't say it was x player that ruined and put down euro.. it was the lack of updates, care, GMs etc the list goes on forever .. thats why euro died. not because people started openly cheating and exploiting towards the end of its life.. that **** was going on from the start all the way to the end.

It doesn't always go down to the company who have the license to run the server(s).

If it's anything like Laghaim and the official EU server that lasted a whole 12 months then it'd be down to the developers and/or contract made between the two, the contract will have restrictions as you could have guessed.

They had to wait for developers (Barunsons/Wemade) and at least for Laghaim again, it cost more for the updates.
They couldn't alter the Game. (breach of contract)
Their requests took so long to be dealt with (chain of command crap) it was months before things got sorted.

In the end the company hosting the last official EU Laghaim server gave up and never renewed their contract, not that I didn't see this 11 months before it happened, cheats hadn't been blocked, bugs still in the game etc.. from the moment it went open beta I knew it'd fail, glad I didn't spend time playing it, 12 months of crap haha.

So a summary:
Don't always blame the company running the server, instead, blame the developing company for putting such restrictions on the contract(s) and extorting the .... out of European companies.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I had quit long before all this **** hit the fan, Todd may have been around on my characters as I gave them to him.

Last I remember is farming EvilMir over and over again with Revival and some random chinese folks.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

Final nail in the coffin (when it actually mattered) was the choice of GM's and how said Gm's was overly friendly with players that openly cheated and allowed them to get away with it. That was also the main problem on the abomination of what was usa Mir2.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

You don't get the point I tried to make. Didn't want it interpreted as accusation, in fact I agree with what you say here. I was just saying that with me its a matter of principle not to take any advantage of times like when a server goes down and nobody is looking and it doesn't really matter one way or another what you do. Its like in some sports game, like if for example in tennis lines don't matter anymore, then I don't enjoy playing and stop playing. And if I could get some advantage in secret, I don't take it because before long, in the longer run, I wouldn't enjoy playing.

nup72

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2004
All started with the ebayers...

They kicked off all the Chinese & Romanians to quit there real life jobs and make a living ddosing, cheating, duping and boting.

(not racist)

speedfox1

LOMCN Leecher
Oct 22, 2012
Worse,

Just out of curiosity how did you gain GM powers? I quit years before any of that stuff happened so interested to know.

Same for Tai.