The Last days of Dragon Server

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just out of curiosity how did you gain GM powers? I quit years before any of that stuff happened so interested to know.

Same for Tai.

There was a backdoor command you could type to give yourself gm powers ... it got leaked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
There was a backdoor command you could type to give yourself gm powers ... it got leaked

Did people know about it was before the leak? or was it by a team member like one of the codes TD used to leave in his files.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah a code like td has. My memory is a little hazy but I believe it was in the phili files when they got leaked

Also I quit playing official after spider patch so I wasn’t high level. I only reactivated my account to mess about with the gm powers

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I would happily subscribe up to £10 a month or donate to keep the server alive, to have a server like Euro again, especially if anyone still has the files, no over the top stats and crazy effects or anything, just pure old school mir.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
I would happily subscribe up to £10 a month or donate to keep the server alive, to have a server like Euro again, especially if anyone still has the files, no over the top stats and crazy effects or anything, just pure old school mir.

nobody would play them, they would also want a lot more then £10 a month, hence the creation of gamepot USA Mir 2 and 3, cash shop orientated. Even Korean you can't really play the game without there game shop buffs.

Equinnox

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 22, 2017

Euro mir can never exist in that form ever again. Times have changed and people have moved on. But I agree it was one of the best servers ever. Everyone knew each other. You could sit in town for HOURS just talking **** with people, pking, having a laugh etc.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I couldn't of even think of plating in the resolution ever again everything looks 2 big after the newer files, Euro was actually quite a **** show compared to files like marble or chron

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Euro mir can never exist in that form ever again. Times have changed and people have moved on. But I agree it was one of the best servers ever. Everyone knew each other. You could sit in town for HOURS just talking **** with people, pking, having a laugh etc.

Agreed maybe the younger players today don't appreciate the old servers hence why this community is a bit stale? Who knows but it was a lot of fun back then.

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Would love to have a go on the old original files again, not keen on the new ones with Sins, I've seen a few posts about monks as well now? would find it very strange if I played again on newer files I think, if anyone knows where I could get the old files it would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Would love to have a go on the old original files again, not keen on the new ones with Sins, I've seen a few posts about monks as well now? would find it very strange if I played again on newer files I think, if anyone knows where I could get the old files it would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Be pretty easy to wack together a crystal euro clone. without the new classes.

I could do it in about 20 minutes.

Problem is, no-one would play it.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Be pretty easy to wack together a crystal euro clone. without the new classes.

I could do it in about 20 minutes.

Problem is, no-one would play it.

I don't know Origins did pretty well on crystal files and that was when they was still new, the dude literally just put it up to play it as a euro clone it was actually technically harder than Euro was to level up that peaked at around 50-60 users, although i don't think it would work on any older files.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Reunited Mir done a good job of replicating the old euro days.

TheBigLongy

LOMCN Rookie
Nov 10, 2017
Yup D Server went to poop, too many cheats and not enough done to curb it, didn't help that getting patches done/fixes too way too long.
I did enjoy organising hunts to kill them all in DD though :) Got me some nice items haha.

Reunited was good :)

Tbd

LOMCN Leecher
Nov 21, 2017
ive been a long time lurker on lomcn mean had a couple accounts previously i always forget my logins though..
so this thread made me feel i wanted to post.. mainly because i feel some level of guilt in that i know that i had a somewhat significant negative impact on the downfall of mir and its once great community.
the biggest root cause of the problem though may have indeed been certain people's willingness to spend rl cash..

however as a teenager i found the money making potential a great incentive to relentlessly cheat and exploit etc.. to some extent as well the feeling of "power" over a virtual world was another incentive.

anyway some people may remember me as LetsHaveAWar? i think Ben would remember me at least. i mostly stayed in the shadows though spamming gold sales 24/7. i remember clearing over £80,000 in the time i was exploiting.. not bragging because i lost it all later on gambling just trying to explain the incentive that the buyers caused.

things accelerated downwards after the infamous halloween exploits.. of which the only positive karma was i gave StuTheBru a free sowg as i felt sorry for him having recently had his taken from pk!

anyway i was pretty relentless and befriending Nick aka VexusDev was real bad news for the game.. as his coding skills in ability to crack mirs encryption made things pretty limitless in terms of exploits.

i even had control of the Gnonline forum account and was routinely deleting anything that might impact gold sales such as threads about duping etc.

terrible...
what goes around comes around so they say, after mir closed i lost every bit of my ill gotten gains gambling.. and thereafter thought hey why not cheat at online gambling instead.... yep i did some prison time for that...

tldr; i wish i could undo my own personal negative impact of the game. sorry :(

jonti

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 26, 2008
People still play mir to make money, even private servers. Mostly roumanians selling to arabs or anyone else that will pay. Chinese also.
Sudden rise in Chronicles user count in time for cash for xmas.
Apologies to roumanians who dont play to make cash.

Back then though internet was a new thing for many and the potential for scamming exploiting still not understood, security was lax or non existant.

Last edited: