is Philippine Code good for a live sever?

mrprince123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2010
I tried Crystal, but it's way too laggy for my machine :/ :apthy:

I want to try something simple.

ruby seems ok, but i couldn't find the original source code for ruby.

is Philippine Code good for a live sever?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
No they are buggy if i remember correctly they are pre 1.4? But like i have already told you try 2.3 or TDs 2.3, they are basic no source available but worked well on older machines

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Why not post the specs of your machine also? It could be something else that's maybe holding you back from running the files, e.g: Viruses, or too many things running in the background on your machine, etc etc.

Crystal don't really use a lot of resource, I haven't updated my PC in around 6 years or more and it handles it fine... (Quad core @ 4.20 ghz, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB graphics)

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I can run Crystal or Ruby on my ten year old 2 gig, T3300, 2ghz Celeron dual core Asus notebook. Ruby also runs with MS SQL Management Studio which is a memory grabber.
Sometimes lag can be caused by your own A/v, hard drive activity also when it goes in and out of powersave mode etc.

The phili code only went as far as foxes so would be a lot of work to code from there.

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Crystal definitely is one of the smoothest servers to run and play on.

mrprince123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2010
my machine runs on Core 2 duo, 6G of RAM.
somehow, Crystal is extremely laggy on my machine :/
i also run the client on the same machine as well..
it is unbearable...

Why not post the specs of your machine also? It could be something else that's maybe holding you back from running the files, e.g: Viruses, or too many things running in the background on your machine, etc etc.

Crystal don't really use a lot of resource, I haven't updated my PC in around 6 years or more and it handles it fine... (Quad core @ 4.20 ghz, 8 GB RAM, 2 GB graphics)

---------- Post Merged on 05-10-2017 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 04-10-2017 at 11:51 PM ----------

i actually don't even need fox maps or beyond....
I want to make a classic server.
SteelArmours, DragonRobes, TitanArmours would be top Armours.

Also, I don't need any fancy features too.
I want my server to be as stable as possible.

@
daneo1989
d o you have a link to 2.3 you recommend ?

I can run Crystal or Ruby on my ten year old 2 gig, T3300, 2ghz Celeron dual core Asus notebook. Ruby also runs with MS SQL Management Studio which is a memory grabber.
Sometimes lag can be caused by your own A/v, hard drive activity also when it goes in and out of powersave mode etc.

The phili code only went as far as foxes so would be a lot of work to code from there.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
my machine runs on Core 2 duo, 6G of RAM.
somehow, Crystal is extremely laggy on my machine :/
i also run the client on the same machine as well..
it is unbearable...

---------- Post Merged on 05-10-2017 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 04-10-2017 at 11:51 PM ----------

i actually don't even need fox maps or beyond....
I want to make a classic server.
SteelArmours, DragonRobes, TitanArmours would be top Armours.

Also, I don't need any fancy features too.
I want my server to be as stable as possible.

@
daneo1989
d o you have a link to 2.3 you recommend ?

If you don't want anything post foxes, that means no fishing, heroes or yellow icon style quests too, then the last Ruby files would work fine.
If you remove item/pot stacking and revert to bundles of six, I can't think of anything else problematic.

The main weakness remaining in Ruby would be account creation. You need to create the web portal.

mrprince123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2010
yeah,,
not a fan of fishing, heroes, or other fancy features...
the Philippine code looks similar to the Ruby. no kidding. I'm wondering if Ruby was based on the Philippine source code,...

If you don't want anything post foxes, that means no fishing, heroes or yellow icon style quests too, then the last Ruby files would work fine.
If you remove item/pot stacking and revert to bundles of six, I can't think of anything else problematic.

The main weakness remaining in Ruby would be account creation. You need to create the web portal.

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
What's actually lagging? The server, or your client while you try to play the server on the same machine? Based on your other thread you'd obviously encounter lag when running a client if your server is running at 100% - Run the server loop in a single thread.
[FONT=&quot]If you remove item/pot stacking and revert to bundles of six, I can't think of anything else problematic.[/FONT]
There are a whopping amount of game destroying bugs in this file system. I wouldn't recommend it at all for a live server unless it was patched.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
theres a reason there was no further development on the philli files.

if crystal files are laggy then you're doing something wrong

mrprince123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2010
the server runs on high CPU, usually around 90%
then,
client is extremely laggy.
i have deleted all of the maps, but one, for testing purpose, and it still lags.
maybe I should re-download the Crystal file and re-try .

What's actually lagging? The server, or your client while you try to play the server on the same machine? Based on your other thread you'd obviously encounter lag when running a client if your server is running at 100% - Run the server loop in a single thread.

There are a whopping amount of game destroying bugs in this file system. I wouldn't recommend it at all for a live server unless it was patched.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
the server runs on high CPU, usually around 90%
then,
client is extremely laggy.
i have deleted all of the maps, but one, for testing purpose, and it still lags.
maybe I should re-download the Crystal file and re-try .

Change the amount of threads for the Server to be running to 1, then run the client. However, you should really be having no issues running Crystal, it's definitely the smoothest to run and doesn't require a lot to do so.