Some WIP

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Just to try and liven up the map section a bit.
It is fun if you haven't tried yet.

Better image http://i67.tinypic.com/4kd8jr.png
4kd8jr.png

---------- Post Merged at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:11 AM ----------

http://i66.tinypic.com/21lu8lj.png
21lu8lj.png

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
They look sexyyyy, you planning on creating a complete custom server or keeping existing setup and adding custom maps to it?
also I know it's not 20 questions but what map editor do you use?

as I need to design a whole new temple as no maps I can find hit the criteria I want!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Can you show how you've done your attributes? Interested in your level of detail.

Impressive work though, would like to see them little closer up in areas.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
They look sexyyyy, you planning on creating a complete custom server or keeping existing setup and adding custom maps to it?
also I know it's not 20 questions but what map editor do you use?

as I need to design a whole new temple as no maps I can find hit the criteria I want!

I use mainly Xiyue's in the crystal section and iJams(?) for the limits.

Can you show how you've done your attributes? Interested in your level of detail.

Impressive work though, would like to see them little closer up in areas.

Hard to show, the editors either zoom in too much or far too far out o.o

Nothing lower than a character leg size has move limits, pet peeve of mine. so no getting stuck on small rocks etc. Tried to be as realistic as possible, e.g half of the ruin walls are low near one end, high the other, so you can "see/shoot' over the low end. Things like that based on character size.

The limits are done cell by cell to correctly match the contours of the tree lines etc, back limits on this map alone took me a whole Sunday!

As far as detail goes, ill get some in-game shots later on, its about as detailed as it can be without going OTT, down to individually placed plants/flowers etc.
2uonms6.png

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Can you send me it?
I can't get it from the original post.

NVM
got it from a mirror, cheers.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Korean Happy server had (and probably still has) very much similar maps, just with different layouts. Also I've seen those maps from the Happy server in stock crystal client. Not sure what these maps of yours are supposed to be, like built from scratch or what? I hope you are aware of the maps I talk about. Can't post my screens from those maps since I moved overseas leaving them on the computer at home.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Considering i made them from nothing, i can safely say Happy server does not have them, thanks.

There are Wemade maps using the same tile set like everything else...
Your talking about HY07_NAMMAN, HY07_NAMMAND2 etc.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
mir2pion i think you are getting them mixed up with the NAMMAN map files that are on the default crystal files. they have similar tiles used, but they are completely different to these maps in terms of placement and style.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I'm actually not happy at all with how the flower placements came out, i need to go through screen by screen and re-do them. Which is a huge job.
tmp_rnd.jpg

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Chalace want to build some more and sell me them!? 

I'm in two minds about doing such a thing. A few people have asked.

But i think if they were to be done as 'work' instead of the pure enjoyment through bringing my personal ideas to 'life' as it were; It may not bring the same motivation. Which is important considering the time it took to reach even this point.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
I'm in two minds about doing such a thing. A few people have asked.

But i think if they were to be done as 'work' instead of the pure enjoyment through bringing my personal ideas to 'life' as it were; It may not bring the same motivation. Which is important considering the time it took to reach even this point.
I understand what your saying and except that if you do feel like a change of heart let me know. I have big ideas and big plans some which go against alot of the euro norms but what the hell i believe the game needs a kick up the arse.

I want either maps not commonly used or brand new ones but so far am still adding the features i want so map building hasnt even entered my radar yet which is why i posed the offer :)

Keep it up regardless is nice to see maps been made !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I'd love to make maps... my only issue is that there is no nice program to do it in =-/

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I'd love to make maps... my only issue is that there is no nice program to do it in =-/

Don't see anything significantly wrong with what we have.
At the most it could be improved slightly with being able to see objects and the map together, save constantly swapping tabs, that's about it.
(For whatever reason i cant get iJams to place objects)

But i wouldn't know where to start in coding something like that, so i manage with whats there. It works fine.

---------- Post Merged on 06-10-2017 at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-10-2017 at 09:44 PM ----------

Decided re-doing all the details was the best move forward, as i really wasn't happy with how the flowers came out.

There is only so much you can do with open spaces, its much easier when there are focal points like trees etc. But what do people think?

Bigger images: 1:http://i64.tinypic.com/2py58ow.png 2:http://i65.tinypic.com/2vs40o3.png 3:http://i67.tinypic.com/r6w7m0.jpg 4:http://i63.tinypic.com/hu5daq.png

2py58ow.png

2vs40o3.png

r6w7m0.png

hu5daq.png

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
mir2pion i think you are getting them mixed up with the NAMMAN map files that are on the default crystal files. they have similar tiles used, but they are completely different to these maps in terms of placement and style.

Not mixed up re those maps, you and Chalace both correctly stated the name that slipped my mind, the Namman maps. Of course they are not the same maps, they use the same or similar themed tiles and differently laid out, as you say.

Namman were among my favorite maps on happy server, it had tigers, Mammoth and some nasty little nipping devils besides some very hard subs, maybe bosses. Koreans seem to like them much tougher than what I've seen on English servers. Main attraction of those maps was that even at higher char levels I like to hunt on outdoor maps, not always in dank caves as on your typical English server where you mostly hunt outdoors only at noob levels, exceptions are few and far in between (5H server has some, also New Eden has or had).

Last edited:

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Chalice I have noticed that using the two different map editors that they have different locations for the objects folder.

One of them just needs the objects folder in your client section ... IE Data , Map , Sound ... Objects , Client ect.

The other one ACTUALLY needs to be INSIDE your data folder..

Although I have to admit that Ijams ( I think it’s his one ) that’s the window for viewing objects is to small to actually see half of the objects so I tend to use Akaras’s for the objects, although I have not yet figured out how to label the dam objects so that you don’t spend hours trawling through thousands of images just to find one image lol. ... and they don’t always follow its kind of a random chaos image set up lol.... one minute you looking at say bw stuff next you looking at say an AR object then bk to bw stuff lol ...

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Use sub folders to organize them.

Bichon buildings/object1.x
Bichon buildings/object2.x
Bichon buildings/object3.x
Beach/object4.x
Beach/object5.x
Beach/object6.x
Beach/object7.x
Beach/object8.x etc.

Myself i just pull out what I'm using so my object folder only contains relevant pieces for the map I'm working on.
Saves a lot of time in the long run.

Edit: Finally got iJams working, it doesn't read sub folders tho. Shows them in the list but doesn't pull the object.

Last edited: