Some WIP

smoochy boys on tour

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah.

Now the first 2 images of post #48 have loaded but not the third...

I think it's because you're not actually getting a direct .png or .jpg link for the img tags to work with. Doesn't explain why 2 out of 3 have now loaded though.

These maps are very impressive btw! Great work

It's troublesome to even get a link that works for single images, the link they provide for 'sharing' simply doesn't work outside of text links.
Ill just revert back to using tinypic for single images, much easier and works fine.

yeah they work for me now too.

The maps look good - but that swampy water seems a little dark/grim for an oasis no? Might look better once in game and with trees etc

It did bother me a bit, your right. I would have liked it to be brighter. However there is a lack of alternatives, that is the brightest of the 4 variations. I'm surprised at how few variations of water there are. The sea tiles just don't look right for anything besides beaches.

I could attempt to edit or make some new tiles tho I've not done anything like that yet. It's something i can change at any point so ill see how it looks in the end first.

Should all else fail, simply add a side quest along the lines of the water being polluted :encouragement:

bg5n36.png

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
The mir3 oasis map specifically has bright coloured water - should fit in with the same textures too. Unfortunately you'll have to manually put the edges together i expect.

I don't have a screenshot on me atm (and Google is useless for mir3).

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Amazing work, I have always said shame the water edge images dont work like the tiles

Always wanted to make a map with random lakes but images are so boxy

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Really need to get a look at some Mir3 maps, there is too much stuff in here to search not knowing whats available.

Found these.
2vjzot1.png

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Try look in Sand/Tiles

Theres still other more suited water tiles you could use, though those ones are really nice. They're used in the Blossom floating island maps.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Just downloaded a few clients, Ill spend some time looking through the Mir3 maps.
Most of the objects look so much nicer than Mir2~

Edit: Jesus there is a lot of maps, might be nice to index them in a more user-friendly manner.

@Far To answer your question from before, there are tonnes of objects in these maps that aren't included with Akaras set.

Being able to see them in maps already makes it easy enough to grab them, just time consuming.

2ed6qmw.png

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah that's Oasis - it's not bugged in game, just the map editor is missing some exclusions.

The one you found earlier is nice too.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Started working on building the Mir3 objects, they are for the most part far better/nicer looking and more detailed than the Mir2 ones. It just takes so much time.

An hour or so in and I've done about 10% of 1 lib :bord:
Worth it in the long run.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah i got the 'Get me the **** out of here' page too, tho you can just cancel it.

3,000/11,000 of smObjectsc done, pretty sure i have all the desert/oasis objects now + more.
Just need to finish up making the water and grab the cliff tiles, then should be back on track with some shiny new stuff to put in.

They have animated trees! Tho some of them look like they may induce seizures, there are some really nice ones.
Definitely excited to start playing around with this stuff, there are some really nice objects.

• Pro tip (Not that i wasted 30 mins doing this! honest..)
When playing the puzzle game with floor tiles, make sure you place them as back images not middle, or the whole floor will be covered in tags so you can't place object on top.

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You had me at seizure inducing trees.

I am actually looking forward to your map updates, it's refreshing to see new maps and it inspires me to learn map making as you can see that time and patience with the editor really pays off!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Can also use legendofmir.uk if you want, I'll give you access rather than me needing to upload them every time.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Finished making all of the Mir3 desert objects. My eyes are bleeding~

Spent an hour playing around to try get used to how things look together and came up with this.
Not a map or anything just testing.

Should be back on to the original project tomorrow.

15rzm10.png

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
"Looks like a map to me. Release, and lets grab a beer..." - My boss probably