Quick Question

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
When a GM bans someone, does he have to give reasoning for the ban?

me and my mate playing Arcadia, he relogged to a ban without reasoning or anything. This also happened to my other mate 4 months ago banned with no reasoning, and got unbanned after 4 months

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Of course a GM can ban you without reason, it's their server.

It's not wise to ban someone without a reason as it can annoy people / worry people, but there is most likely a reason your friend has been banned.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Of course a GM can ban you without reason, it's their server.

It's not wise to ban someone without a reason as it can annoy people / worry people, but there is most likely a reason your friend has been banned.

yeah just saying, coz I've scared off the top 2 guilds with out guild

and our wiz got banned today no reason, I think I'm next lol,

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Would be polite to say why but it's not written in stone that anyone has to explain.
If there was monies paid for a service and still being used then it would be a whole different ball game and consumer protection etc. might apply, especially if game gold etc. had been bought via card.
There's always a chance it was an IP ban and you were caught by mistake due to dynamic IPs.
The other option is you were being a total gimp, flouting known rules, and got what you deserved !

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Would be polite to say why but it's not written in stone that anyone has to explain.
If there was monies paid for a service and still being used then it would be a whole different ball game and consumer protection etc. might apply, especially if game gold etc. had been bought via card.
There's always a chance it was an IP ban and you were caught by mistake due to dynamic IPs.
The other option is you were being a total gimp, flouting known rules, and got what you deserved !

was nothing about that, just a str8 up ban

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Everyone would like a reason for the Ban, but unfortunately he doesn't need to tell you. And Scorpion is a loose cannon (Been banned for no apparent reason myself on Project 69)

All I can suggest is move on bud,

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Everyone would like a reason for the Ban, but unfortunately he doesn't need to tell you. And Scorpion is a loose cannon (Been banned for no apparent reason myself on Project 69)

All I can suggest is move on bud,

Yeah lol seems corrupt anyways, the 2 top guilds stopped pking, and we being banned, now they showing themselves again hmmm...

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
People were getting banned for saying stuff on the forums, so probably that..

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
People were getting banned for saying stuff on the forums, so probably that..

Scorp doesn't like to retrieve negative criticism. We all know his latest release was the biggest flop of the Year,

Positive is that the Website was pretty nice.