WIP Oasis map.

smoochy boys on tour

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Trying to build the SMtiles atm... Makes me want to sit in the corner and cry.

---------- Post Merged at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:53 AM ----------

There is literally no indication whatsoever how some of this are supposed to be built. :@:

Oh how I do not envy you.

This is my issue as the left left down right right left left down down process on tiles etc (left n right qtys' are guess not looked in ages) is just an absolute bugger!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
As much as i want to have them done to use, it is just getting beyond reasonable. taken me 4hours to make 30 SMTiles this morning...

Usually there is an empty space to separate one set from another, which helps a tonne. However in the Shanda sets there are no spaces! Literally just a case of here's 4000 desert cells, enjoy~

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
As much as i want to have them done to use, it is just getting beyond reasonable. taken me 4hours to make 30 SMTiles this morning...

Usually there is an empty space to separate one set from another, which helps a tonne. However in the Shanda sets there are no spaces! Literally just a case of here's 4000 desert cells, enjoy~

4 hours? Pfft, all these naysayers saying I'm old hat... would've taken 5minutes for me.

#ShandaProblems
#EditorSucks
#DoYouEvenMapBro

In all seriousness have fun, I've spent days building and deleting objects to perfect them & tweek when I notice mistakes.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The actual object aren't really an issue, easy to tell whats belongs to what, just time consuming.
Just these silly floor SMTiles driving me nuts.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah it's one of the newer Shanda maps, which has also now been more recently shrunk (made worse) and added to wemade mir2 official.

I kind of assumed given what i have encountered so far in the Shanda files. However, I am disappointed to find the city is not even remotely modular, it is basically just one big picture cut up.

I will play with it at some point but I think any major changes will require a lot of work to look right.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Akaras old thread being bumped led me to her MinimapCreator (not one i used before) and i wanted to try it. It actually worked!

I've been meaning to update this for a while. However, i don't want to post 'almost complete' screenshots after spending what feels like hundreds of hours on this. You will have to wait until it's complete :playful: (it is all but done besides the top right quater)

Here is an old version to show the scale and early development i made over the initial itteration.
The right side is green!

Now the quest line has progressed, i can finish off the last bit to complete the map.
(The map is made around the story, rather than trying to make the story fit the map)

1300*1300 Takes about 4 minutes to run corner to corner on a mount (Ignoring terrain)

jq2dsx.png

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Glad the minimap creator worked for this... not sure what max map size would be for creating minimaps but this is quite large and I like that it worked hehe :)

looking great so far

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah, glad I stumbled across it. I had tried what I thought was all the options before, and they all crashed.
It did (Not responding) for a while mind :witless:

This produces far better maps than what i was using before with the border. They always came out in weird sizes.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
did you complete this map? I would love to see the finished product!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I haven't gotten around to finishing off the last quarter yet, no.
All in good time.