Quick question: Pure Pvp or pure PVE

smoochy boys on tour

PvP like a baus? Or PvE like a baus?

• Total voters

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
No background, no further clarification.

The gods have forced you to play a new server. One server has ONLY PvP, one server has ONLY PvE.

Which do you decide?

OhBaby

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
May 26, 2015
Mir Is about total freedom picking one or the other just limits the game

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Mir Is about total freedom picking one or the other just limits the game

The gods have forced you. Angered by your lack of obedience, they decide to punish you! Only the ultimate, and harshest punishment will do, something so insanely cruel and harsh, unparalleled in terms of cruelty and bereft of any compassion are these gods!

They gaze upon you, looking in to your soul and judging your life as it is... searching for ways to punish and belittle. Shame and dishonour. They look, and they glean.

With a puzzled look in the eye, the gods turn away from you. For they have judged that being you, just you, is punishment enough to fulfil they desire.....

Just answer the ****ing question :(

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
PvE as my mir is where as a tao I can solo mid level bosses in caves at random hours of the morning and horde "MY PRECIOUS" rares and see that dollar rising but without PvP of any kind I would get bored after around 2-3 weeks as at that stage I at least want a palace brawl to test gear / dmg and blow off steam

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Never really bothered with the PvP side. Aside from balance being almost non-existent on every server so far as i can remember.

The only exception to this is War's, it is pretty much the only time i actually enjoy fighting. Mainly due to numbers/scale. I think without wars it would be pretty boring over time.

So PvE with war's available. (SW etc...)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Never really bothered with the PvP side. Aside from balance being almost non-existent on every server so far as i can remember.

The only exception to this is War's, it is pretty much the only time i actually enjoy fighting. Mainly due to numbers/scale. I think without wars it would be pretty boring over time.

So PvE with war's available. (SW etc...)

This

PvE, gotta love those item explosions from bosses.

1. I'm **** at PvP
2. Every server is unbalanced
3. PvP is very rarely skill based
4. No lifers ruin proper PvP by being way beyond your level making the PvE side of the game boring as only they can compete properly.

PvE scrub for life o/

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Voted PvE.

Only played 2 servers that had proper balanced PvP & speed cap worked (kicked cheats). Woulda voted differently if more servers were like this.
Most players I know have been put off PvP because of cheats on euro & usa mir 2. Don't think many that dislike PvP have actually played on a level playing field.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
PvE without a shadow of a doubt.

PvP would be very limited on a server, plus its hard to properly balance it, and you need the PvE aspect to make PvP fun (making people drop their stuff, or murdering them when they have got a boss nearly dead and taking it for yourself!)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Don't think many that dislike PvP have actually played on a level playing field.
Mainly because its not even remotely interesting outside of big group fights.

1v1's are a complete joke in Mir. Either there is no/poor balance, the result is a given before going in based on class/gear/level; or it's just 30 minutes of running in circles getting a few hits in until one person rt's, over and over again. Followed of course by the inevitable hours/days of SZ kiddie talk bullshit.

Ill stick to PvE and wars :)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
No background, no further clarification.

The gods have forced you to play a new server. One server has ONLY PvP, one server has ONLY PvE.

Which do you decide?

Neither as both are just as important for a Mir server to succeed.

Having said that a pvp orientated server would be more fun for a few weeks before inevitably dying.

Followed of course by the inevitable hours/days of SZ kiddie talk bullshit.

Woah woah woah there...

I'll have you know Mirstenders is the best ****ing part of Mir, I can always tune into it at any random safezone on any server. Hours of entertainment and it's all free!

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Neither as both are just as important for a Mir server to succeed.

Having said that a pvp orientated server would be more fun for a few weeks before inevitably dying.

Why is it that some people feel the need to clarify they'd go for a 3rd option?

Would you like fries with that? Peanut butter thanks
Red pill, blue pill neo? Green preferably.

For sure I bet Sophie feels like a right prick after failing to realise there was always a 3rd option after all....

;)

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

For sure I bet Sophie feels like a right prick after failing to realise there was always a 3rd option after all....

;)

because there is no one or the other when it comes to mir

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

;)

Because you're asking a pretty dumb question when it comes to an MMO, and we're not in the matrix. (sadly)

I can understand wanting to gather data on the userbase of LOMCN and what type of server they'd play, if you go over my past post history you'll already find data on this as I've made similar data gathering threads.

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

;)

That's because there is no such thing as a choice of two. There is always a 3rd option.

What if Neo decided to take both pills? What would happen then?