Copyrights and how to relunch the game.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Only a really sad person would take the time to report the server owner though..

Messing around with 15 year old Wemade IP is one thing, despite everything being wholely illegal, they aren't even attempting to use them in the West. So no big deal.

Tax evasion is on a whole separate level. Morals only bend so far.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I can't tell from the translation, did they go after him for the money or the copyright infringement?
Was it the company or government?

But yes, Some people here don't seem to grasp the fact that it is by all accounts illegal. Adding in financial gain just takes it to a whole new level.

He made 121k in less than 3 years, or at least that's what the German police found out. Rumors says GameForge who owns Metin2 rights has its HQ in Germany. But however they made a lawsuit against several Metin2 servers, some been closed, and some still running out as Privates but the fight is continuous. Dont worry, if WeMade/Shanda or whoever has the rights, if wants to come out after privates of Mir2/3 will come, no matter how deep you hide.

I doubt the ones who has rights for mir2/3 now has the fully rights for images and ****. From what i searched in last years on lomcn about this subjects looks like one guy Lapta tried to fake claim rights on LoM domain even if he doesnt had the trade mark, or he had a closed name near to LoM trademark.

Just keep enjoying the safety we may still have.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
He made 121k in less than 3 years, or at least that's what the German police found out. Rumors says GameForge who owns Metin2 rights has its HQ in Germany. But however they made a lawsuit against several Metin2 servers, some been closed, and some still running out as Privates but the fight is continuous. Dont worry, if WeMade/Shanda or whoever has the rights, if wants to come out after privates of Mir2/3 will come, no matter how deep you hide.

I doubt the ones who has rights for mir2/3 now has the fully rights for images and ****. From what i searched in last years on lomcn about this subjects looks like one guy Lapta tried to fake claim rights on LoM domain even if he doesnt had the trade mark, or he had a closed name near to LoM trademark.

Just keep enjoying the safety we may still have.

Just seen my quote in your signature. You realise i was mocking you right? I'm not actually excited for your shambles of a server.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Just seen my quote in your signature. You realise i was mocking you right? I'm not actually excited for your shambles of a server.

Shambles of a server or not, my server will go up soon while you will keep collecting peanuts. Cheers!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Are you implying that you will be making a fortune off your server?

Its not about money hence PledgeOfBlood will have 3 GameShop [Free] Currency with achievements and level progression bonuses.

For me its more like that the mir3 audience will finally have a good remastered Mir3Korean version. Not half of measurements.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Shambles of a server or not, my server will go up soon while you will keep collecting peanuts. Cheers!

Always knew you were only in it to make money. Congrats on just outright saying it.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Always knew you were only in it to make money. Congrats on just outright saying it.

Where you was when first zentaur version stood 1year with 30 online and had months without donation?
Where you was when my GSP stood live 5months without any $ incoming?

You are a pathetic guy, start looking at yourself, ive spent more money on server than generated incomings. Even still now i have a server running online without any $ incomings. Shut up you pleb. HERE on this site been guys that hosted servers for money and launched lots of versions and you keep pointing finger to me? get a grip ****.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Where you was when first zentaur version stood 1year with 30 online and had months without donation?
Where you was when my GSP stood live 5months without any $ incoming?

You are a pathetic guy, start looking at yourself, ive spent more money on server than generated incomings. Even still now i have a server running online without any $ incomings. Shut up you pleb. HERE on this site been guys that hosted servers for money and launched lots of versions and you keep pointing finger to me? get a grip ****.

Triggered. Obviously due to a guilty conscience.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Calm yo titties the pair of ya, atleast 9/10 servers are genuine and only earn what they need (then there's Jamie and his **** gobbling tagnut)

Anyways, surely infringement falls into the image side of things, if that's the case ...me and tai are ****ed.

P.S - where's my cut

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003

I don't really want to wade into your argument as its nothing to do with me but I cant think of anyone on lomcn who has been more helpful in terms of helping people new to code (including myself) on this forum. Without payment too. Other experienced members do help on occasion with small bits but none to the extent that far does, for no reward or return.

Just my 2 cents.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I don't really want to wade into your argument as its nothing to do with me but I cant think of anyone on lomcn who has been more helpful in terms of helping people new to code (including myself) on this forum. Without payment too. Other experienced members do help on occasion with small bits but none to the extent that far does, for no reward or return.

Just my 2 cents.

It's specially pointed to Far, he is a grumpy boy.

However all who worked on crystal and helping community, always had my like/+rep and regards.