Request crystalm2 server ( HELP PLEASE )

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
hello all ,
i have well funded server with high internet speed ..
i have downloaded the crystalm2 server .. installed it ..
it seems to be working fine .. no error there
:uncomfortableness:
when i tried to login through client.exe
it first make error about the dotnet and directx .. i resolved this black screen issue ..
now the problem and i am stucked here ..
attempt to connect to server ..
please help me to resolve this ...

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
make sure client work on local ip which is 127.0.0.1

i thought it should be pointing to the server ip ..
my server have public ip with internet connection of 1000 mb per second .. i really want to see how is it performing ..
i will try this and keep you posted .. one more thing ... where am suppose to edit the ip in client side .. server.ini ?
i dont understand how it would connect to 127.0.0.1 ... this is my local ip mate.. r u sure about that ?

---------- Post Merged at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:22 AM ----------

i can give teamviewr if you could help me fix this

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
If the client is on the same machine as the server then you want the local address set on the server and in the config inis, if the server is remote from the client, ie. next door or next country, then you need the external address.

If remote, set the config NETWORK section UseConfig=True.

Upvote 0

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
the client is installed on my pc

and the server is public ip
so in server.ini
i wrote my public ip pointing the client to connect there
still problem remaining attempt to connect to server faild

---------- Post Merged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 AM ----------

this is my mir2config.ini

[Graphics]
FullScreen=False
AlwaysOnTop=True
FPSCap=True
Resolution=800
DebugMode=True

[Network]
UseConfig=False
IPAddress=119.81.84.52
Port=7000

[Logs]
LogErrors=True
LogChat=True

[Sound]
Volume=100
SoundOverLap=3
Music=100

[Game]
AccountID=
Password=
SkillMode=False
SkillBar=True
Effect=True
LevelEffect=True
DropView=True
NameView=True
HPMPView=True
FontName=Tahoma
TransparentChat=False
DisplayDamage=True
TargetDead=False
ExpandedBuffWindow=True
DuraWindow=False
Skillbar0X=0
Skillbar0Y=0
Skillbar1X=216
Skillbar1Y=0

[Chat]
ShowNormalChat=True
ShowYellChat=True
ShowWhisperChat=True
ShowLoverChat=True
ShowMentorChat=True
ShowGroupChat=True
ShowGuildChat=True

[Filter]
FilterNormalChat=False
FilterWhisperChat=False
FilterShoutChat=False
FilterSystemChat=False
FilterLoverChat=False
FilterMentorChat=False
FilterGroupChat=False
FilterGuildChat=False

[Launcher]
Enabled=True
Host=http://mirfiles.co.uk/mir2/cmir/patch/
PatchFile=PList.gz
NeedLogin=False
Login=
Password=
AutoStart=False
ServerName=
Browser=https://launcher.mironline.co.uk/web/

i tried the remote true .. but game crash every time i run the clinet so i kept it as false again

any other suggestions ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Untitled.png

this is my server .. it has no errors .. so it must be something wrong probably with the exe
or confiration ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 AM ----------

common guys ...
lets set up the server ?
i am welling to setup it today !! i wont give up ...
crystalm2 server ... crystalm2 clients are the files am using ..
anyone can help using team viewer ?

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Change the Network section in your config to read Useconfig=True.

If that fails, make the same change to the Mir2Test.ini.

---------- Post Merged at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Any luck ?

Upvote 0

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
finally its working .. thanks guys .... thanks moh for helping me !!

i appreciate that ...
any idea how i can develop in this server .. like draw new maps ..
i want to implement new function in the game .. allowing the players to vote for each other in each city ..
for example .. player A give his vote to player B ... so i will make vote counter for each player ...
the highest vote counts will be the leader of that city ...

any tools to help me achieving this .. i am developer my self .. and i noticed that there is no database in this server ... not sure if this is good or bad .. i think its bad for me as it will be easier for me to deal with database instead of text files ..
so any suggestion will be appreciated ...

alfeardo

---------- Post Merged at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Change the Network section in your config to read Useconfig=True.

If that fails, make the same change to the Mir2Test.ini.

---------- Post Merged at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Any luck ?

btw .. the server performace is super .. like super super super fast .. you will love it .. give it a try
ip is : 119.81.84.52 ...
tell me also where to start making new maps and attaching it to this server ..

Upvote 0

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Some things can be achieved with NPC scripts etc. but for more complicated ideas you'll need to start coding the files yourself.
Get the latest version of Visual Studio 2017, the free Community edition is perfect.
Spend some time reading past threads in the Crystal section.

There is a database, its a flat file system and you can use the server tabs to look at items, mobs etc., and export/import data.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
TwinDrakeBlad i bought the book and i tried to learn it .. its not happening ...
any idea how to get this fixed ?

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 AM ----------

i used it for my warrior just for the record but its not working

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 AM ----------

this is error in my text file

[11/10/2017 1:24:00 AM] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at Client.MirControls.MirControl.OnVisibleChanged()
at Client.MirControls.MirControl.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at Client.MirScenes.Dialogs.BuffDialog.UpdateWindow()
at Client.MirScenes.Dialogs.BuffDialog.UpdateBuffs()
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.Process()
at Client.CMain.UpdateEnviroment()
at Client.CMain.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
[11/10/2017 1:24:03 AM] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at Client.MirScenes.Dialogs.BuffDialog.CreateBuff(Buff buff)
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.AddBuff(AddBuff p)
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.ProcessPacket(Packet p)
at Client.MirNetwork.Network.Process()

Upvote 0

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
TwinDrakeBlad i bought the book and i tried to learn it .. its not happening ...
any idea how to get this fixed ?

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 AM ----------

i used it for my warrior just for the record but its not working

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 AM ----------

this is error in my text file

[11/10/2017 1:24:00 AM] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at Client.MirScenes.Dialogs.BuffDialog.UpdateBuffs()
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.Process()
[11/10/2017 1:24:03 AM] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at Client.MirScenes.Dialogs.BuffDialog.CreateBuff(Buff buff)
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.AddBuff(AddBuff p)
at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.ProcessPacket(Packet p)
at Client.MirNetwork.Network.Process()

i am developer my self ..

o.O

Upvote 0

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
all problems is sorted ... the server now is running smoothly with speed of internet 1000 mb per second ....
this server is going to be one of the fastest servers you guys going to get ... as i am hosting it with tire 4 data center ...
beside that i have the best secuirty firewall , protection against dos attacking and finally culstering servers .

i am in the stage of developing a website and i am going to try to connect into server database to display users information from the game into user profiles / sell / buy items from each other through site ...register in game account through website ... and more such as ranking , live chat support etc ...

i will keep you posted in here if i needed any help ...

a valid question to ask regarding crystal server ... is the source on this forums is matching the server / client source ... or its old source and the server was updated by others ?
if anyone know please let me know ...
i still did not go through source at all as i am preparing site layout design etc ...
so please feel free to share any information that would help to develop the game .. not as private server only but also i am going to deploy it in ios / android .

thanks all

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Your emphasis on super 'speed', firewall and flashy website tools is rather wasted, This is an issue seldom raised in regards to a server. What you need to do is develop the basic server files first. The forums are full of feedback and ideas to get you started.

Also, you can not commercialize the game on ios / android without distribution rights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aal_fareed

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jun 19, 2015
Your emphasis on super 'speed', firewall and flashy website tools is rather wasted, This is an issue seldom raised in regards to a server. What you need to do is develop the basic server files first. The forums are full of feedback and ideas to get you started.

Also, you can not commercialize the game on ios / android without distribution rights.

Thanks for the advice Chalace ,
well having security on server is something good trust me with that .. games like mir would be affected easily by malewares on server etc ...
i am happy that source is made in c sharp i been told ...
also for the copy rights ... my idea is more far than converting the game into ios / android ...

i actully want to develop in new interface / layout / desgin / fighting style etc ... but with one single account which can be used on pc version with its current interface , beside the ability of logging into game with same account same level etc to be able to play with the new interface .. that's i am not sure how to do this .. but i am well confident its doable ... i think i am done already with the PC version and i will soon post you clean setup in forum to test and stress the server .

everyone also are welcome to attack to test my security solutions on the server .

Thanks again for your info ... regarding the copy rights ... not sure if i need that if this is going to be new interface as its no way to keep the same interface within mobile view ... no one can do that .. everything have to fit in mobile with different style ...
right ?

Upvote 0

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Unless you completely re-make everything from scratch, and i mean everything, including all of the art, yes, you are using Wemade/Shanda/Actoz property, every image you see in the files belongs to them. At this point you pretty much need to make a whole brand new game which is no longer Mir....

Considering the current standing of Mir Mobile they will be less than pleased with any attempt at piracy in this sector. They have little interest in European private releases on the pc platform, but your talking about 'competing' with a recent product that is providing them 7 figure revenue at present, it's a whole other ball game. They will come for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0