ArtificialMir.com

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Whats the point in this server? anyone can just download the files from here and have exactly the same as what you offer, in terms of content and usercount lol. Where exactly is the 'hours of work' it doesn't look like you've done anything significant at all....

Idiot these will most likely be the most polished Mir files that come out in terms of a low rate.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
If you actually knew the true intentions of Wittin you wouldn't be spouting that,

I have had access to the server for approx 3 months, He is basically finishing off what I started for the community.

Thanks bro, I have had a think what might have led him to believe that. Maybe he's assuming I started work at version 0.1.0 and these are just generic files. I must admit that other guy spamming that other stuff might be misleading, but let me put this in perspective... 1 of my 'minor gameplay updates' probably works out at around 8-12hours of work on average, I've been updating my file set like this for about 4-5 months now, and collectively my team has put in 1000s of hours.

Firstly I would enjoy watching anyone try to run a public server off the publically available files and expect people to play it (they would be where I was a long time ago which wasn't a good place). Secondly, I don't honestly know how you think an ex-administrator of this forum would be foolish enough to come here with something that was underdeveloped. Probably overdeveloped if anything (I would have loved the extra hour's sleep personally!).

I really would hope people read thoroughly before making such derogatory comments towards something they clearly haven't fully understood.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Thanks bro, I have had a think what might have led him to believe that. Maybe he's assuming I started work at version 0.1.0 and these are just generic files. I must admit that other guy spamming that other stuff might be misleading, but let me put this in perspective... 1 of my 'minor gameplay updates' probably works out at around 8-12hours of work on average, I've been updating my file set like this for about 4-5 months now, and collectively my team has put in 1000s of hours.

Firstly I would enjoy watching anyone try to run a public server off the publically available files and expect people to play it (they would be where I was a long time ago which wasn't a good place). Secondly, I don't honestly know how you think an ex-administrator of this forum would be foolish enough to come here with something that was underdeveloped. Probably overdeveloped if anything (I would have loved the extra hour's sleep personally!).

I really would hope people read thoroughly before making such derogatory comments towards something they clearly haven't fully understood.

Keep up the good work, things will come together and been seen.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

The guy was a tit, but I don't think he'll be the last. I imagine a fair amount of the work you've done would be finishing off bits of Deneo's stuff, polishing and other improvements that - whilst significant - may not have huge, immediate, 'obvious' impact so will go unadmired by the majority. The joys of polishing, and nuanced changes over introducing new features I guess :(

There are those that know and can see the obvious amount of effort thats gone in however, so just make sure you realise this :) It is appreciated. Plus the bloody obvious **** that is on the server even in the current state, which he seems to have missed entirely of course...

Yuzu

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Is your Server up and running right now ? the patcher seems abit buggy to me not being able to download the whole thing tells me no patch info ... and sometimes it launches and just says Attempting to reconnect .

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Is your Server up and running right now ? the patcher seems abit buggy to me not being able to download the whole thing tells me no patch info ... and sometimes it launches and just says Attempting to reconnect .

Of course, patcher is actually quite high on the to-do list currently, should have something custom and a lot tidier than the generic crystal patcher in the coming weeks - to be honest it doesn't even patch anything to do with my server, however my server is also designed to be entirely compatible with those files, so it should always still work with a lite client patch.

My advice is be patient with it, it will complete - I have also mentioned this issue on the website FAQ :)

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Of course, patcher is actually quite high on the to-do list currently, should have something custom and a lot tidier than the generic crystal patcher in the coming weeks - to be honest it doesn't even patch anything to do with my server, however my server is also designed to be entirely compatible with those files, so it should always still work with a lite client patch.

My advice is be patient with it, it will complete - I have also mentioned this issue on the website FAQ :)

maybe I should setup a default crystal client files on my storage server o.0

If I stop hanging, I'll sort it out later -.-

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The guy was a tit, but I don't think he'll be the last. I imagine a fair amount of the work you've done would be finishing off bits of Deneo's stuff, polishing and other improvements that - whilst significant - may not have huge, immediate, 'obvious' impact so will go unadmired by the majority. The joys of polishing, and nuanced changes over introducing new features I guess :(

There are those that know and can see the obvious amount of effort thats gone in however, so just make sure you realise this :) It is appreciated. Plus the bloody obvious **** that is on the server even in the current state, which he seems to have missed entirely of course...
/

Agree although logging ingame for 5 minutes the change's are not immediate but no doubt when you put in hour you start noticing things, Reason Marble did so well untill all that ****ery went on with all them charm's getting stolen, they was just so polished with so many hours of work you just noticed every little thing by the end of it Casting Skills felt so smooth there hope i get the same feel from there before the Charms on Artificial.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
maybe I should setup a default crystal client files on my storage server o.0

If I stop hanging, I'll sort it out later -.-

I'm not even sure it's the files - I think it's the generic patcher that's the issue. I do have to host space for the client which I'm planning to utilize to take the strain off of Tai - but I also don't think more would hurt, the client is very complete no matter what direction a creator wants to take, I've only discovered 1 flaw in the Mir2 data set thus far (and Far kindly corrected the file set - community power!), and believe me I've been through a lot of stuff by hand at this point lol.

It's very good stuff :)

---------- Post Merged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Just some small stuff

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.5

Gameplay Updates:

Upgraded RedMoonSword Rarity from None to Rare (Can now be awakened)
Upgraded SolidGreatAxe Rarity from None to Rare (Can now be awakened)
Upgraded SolidSerpentSword Rarity from None to Rare (Can now be awakened)
Upgraded SolidTwinBlades Rarity from None to Rare (Can now be awakened)
Upgraded SolidSilverBow Rarity from None to Rare (Can now be awakened)
Implemented proper Bridle usage across the game
VenomWeaver Added to Luna 1st
2 Space attack added to CrackingWeaver
2 Space attack added to VenomWeaver

(These will occur next reboot)

---------- Post Merged on 19-11-2017 at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 18-11-2017 at 05:24 PM ----------

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.6

Gameplay Updates:

Auto Rev Added to RedMoonEvil and Various BG Test Bosses
Reduced True RME Hit Pool
Halved Teleport Mana cost
GameShop_Guard renamed to Premium_Guard
GuardRental Scroll logic improved
PremiumGuard visuals switched to KatanaGuard
50% reduction in Luna 1st Spawns
Grandads Quest can no longer be completed at MW Butcher
LotteryTicket Fixed
Removed a number of erroneously added Quests in GI (can still start them elsewhere)
Fixed AOC Secret Room Door
HolyDeva HP Adjusted
Added +Luck/MagicResistance/PoisonResistance drops to Tiger and Lantern Necklaces
Added Route to Currish
Introduced BrownEvilSnake to SerpentValley

---------- Post Merged on 21-11-2017 at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-11-2017 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quite a big update this time around, last couple of these changes pending next reboot:

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.7

Gameplay Updates:

Fixed Logic at ChaosNode
Revised Lunar Drops
Added DemonMask to Drop Files
Added VioletOrb to Drop Files
Added RequiemNecklace to Drop Files
Added RedDemonRing to Drop Files
Added PoisonRing to Drop Files
Added CloudRing to Drop Files
Added Trainers to BW
Adjusted Mirroring scaling
Further Tweaks to EM
Curse Fixed
Teleport returned to original values
Rebuilt Foxes Drop Files
Added No Chi / Mundane / TaoProtect items into drop files
Updated the Assasin Instructor (Cloud) Script
Cleaned up MirGuide Script
Added RecallNecklace to Lucky Necklaces
RedMoonSword no longer Soulbound (re-balance)
Re-done SpiderBarbarian Drop
Updated SpiderBarbarian AI
Introduced Spider Barbarian to Luna 1st

---------- Post Merged on 25-11-2017 at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 21-11-2017 at 04:12 PM ----------

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.8

Gameplay Updates:

Hair Dresser Added to BW (Basic cuts)
Added Hair Dresser to SignPost
Updated Emperor_Far’s Model
Nerf to Blizzard Damage Output
Further Changes to EM
HardTorch(L) replaced with HardenedTorch
GuardsHelp now Double Clickable (as well as command)
Replaced TestServerScroll with ArtificialManual
Restored original pot buying system across the game
Fixed Exp Values for 42+ (varied from official rates – now match)
Included EXP values up to level 75
Final tweaks to Foxes KR mob positioning

---------- Post Merged on 27-11-2017 at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 25-11-2017 at 07:21 AM ----------

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.9

Gameplay Updates:

AWT Drops Rebuilt
AWT Open (Unpolished)
Added Storage teleport to Border Bounty Board
Replaced SpiderBarbarian with SpiderWarrior on Luna_1st (Correction)
Rebuild SpiderWarrior drop file
Introduced Pet Save feature
Doubled Healings Skill’s effectiveness at all levels
Updated AncientWoomaTaurus/Guardian Drop files
Added Crane/Lotus/BlackTiger/Stealth/LightTemperedArmour into the Drop files
Prepared Maps for AST

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hoping this goes live soon , I would play now but no fun playing with nobody else.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Quite a large gameplay update:

Minor Gameplay Update 0.1.10

Game Updates:

Various Stablility and Security Fixes (No more nano-lag on high-end setups)
Prepared Maps for AST
Adjusted Spawns and Drops for AST
Created AST Quest
AST Open (Unpolished)
Premium_Elijah updated
Added MediumArmour back into the game (Also now Common rarity)
AncientBlackMaggot level adjusted
AncientBlackMaggot can now Tame
Dung no longer Tameable
Added additional MapMove events to WasteLands from Bichon (Fix)
Performance Optimizations regarding Threading
Added HeroicStatues
Added GoldKey Mechanics
PreparedMaps for: LowLevelCave / SlaveCave
Fixed NewbieGuild still applying 25% buff still at login during early open test phase
Updated MirGuide NPC Script to the new version across the game
Changed MirGuide cosmetics in SerpentValley to match others
LowLevelCave Rebuilt
MirKing added to game
Slave added to game
SlaveCave Rebuilt
LowLevelCave/MidLevelCave NPCs added to game
MidLevelCave Rebuilt
LowLevelCave/MidLevelCave Open

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
This is getting more promising with every update, you have any Idea for live launch Wittin? Mir 2 really sucking right now.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
It's coming soon, we've been working on a large feature patch which is in debug phase currently, we need to thoroughly test the patch and then we can look to release more incremental updates and features on our foundation files. I expect to make some kind of a formal announcement in the version 0.2.0 or 0.3.0 patch notes in the coming weeks.

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
We need a mir2 server with an online number of 200

---------- Post Merged at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:59 AM ----------

Need more people to participate in the game

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Yes I'm not actively posting updates though, there are a few unmentioned new additions. However the active developer who is working on the project has had some other commitments come up, and we need to tie up a number of projects. We're probably more than likely going to be launching the server much deeper into 2018 than originally intended.

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
hope this server will bring some hype in the community, does ur server have sin and archer class? and ETA when it's coming live?

---------- Post Merged on 28-01-2018 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 24-01-2018 at 01:21 AM ----------

anybody can post some screen shots about this server?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
hope this server will bring some hype in the community, does ur server have sin and archer class? and ETA when it's coming live?

---------- Post Merged on 28-01-2018 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 24-01-2018 at 01:21 AM ----------

anybody can post some screen shots about this server?

Hey thanks! Me too!

I mean at the moment my personal business has really startedd to take off so taking a lot of my time away. Also with my dev also having a busy schedule I guess you could call this an extended break. In terms of the screenshots - I dont have any myself, maybe some others do! It's largely quite close to USA mir in all areas I've been working on, plus some older forgotten stuff from pre-game pot days.

The server isn't going anywhere, just right now development is slow (there's actually quite a lot of new stuff and areas since I've reported any changes through public channels) though!

Status
Not open for further replies.