Mir 3 DarkSide
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ArtificialMir.eu

ArtificialMir.eu

Artificial Mir II - artificialmir.eu

Although it's not really been documented at all on LOMCN publically I have been working with Xander and then with another Coder Logham Logan to create the Artificial Mir II Server project. You can read more about us and our vision on our website www.artificialmir.eu. Essentially TLDR, we're remaking the official european mir II game, incorporating elements from all of the english versions and changing/tweaking things as we see appropriate - we started out with Daneo1989's database as it was most complete, but a lot of the newer areas (post 2.3) have now been removed due to balancing and missing AI - we plan to rebuild all areas, up to and including the official Korean content, improvising where necessary.

The server has been up for 4-5months now, we should be resourced to allow a large-to-unseen sized player base. We're currently running on a Crystal M2 build by Xander.

Latest website update and the reason for the post here:

Artificial Mir II is now transitioning to Open BETA testing. With our first major patch roll out weíre looking to open the gates and allow more people to experience the game weíre rebuilding. After months of hard work and dedicated testing, weíre moving much closer to having a stable and balanced game environment so we think it would be good to let new players into the game. They may try things our existing testers havenít even thought of and bring valued feedback to our development team.

Since development to Open BETA has been a while in the making, various players are 40+ levels ahead and therefore we feel the game in its current state is due to be wiped in the initial Open BETA stages, to allow a balanced experience to all newcomers as we launch.

Although there is a whole host of undocumented changes, and adjustments, from now on we will try our best to include patch notes and updates as often as possible.

Currently, all the changes are back-end and no client updates are required, so hop in and enjoy!

Downloads can be found here: http://www.artificialmir.eu/downloads/
    I may look to update this thread soon. But for now, discuss.
    retired administrator/super moderator @ lomcn.co.uk

2. HispaRed

Re: ArtificialMir.eu

Looks promising. Best of luck.

One thing of note, on the website the external links open in the same window, (take you away from the website) might want to have them open a new tab instead.

Please for christ sake sort out an autopatcher....
    Last edited by Martyn; 13-11-2017 at 10:36 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Mir 2 Advisor / Moderator IceMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Please for christ sake sort out an autopatcher....
    I used it fine? just no ip in config
    I'm not lazy,I'm energy efficient!

It just uses the default Crystal M2 Client Far manages, I don't intend to move from that although yes I will sort something for automatically updating the client.exe but it's quite low on my priority list I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Wittin View Post
    It just uses the default Crystal M2 Client Far manages, I don't intend to move from that although yes I will sort something for automatically updating the client.exe but it's quite low on my priority list I'm afraid
    its like a 2 minute jobbie...

can only hope mirfiles has no bandwidth limits, the amount of people using/abusing it =-/

I actually spoke to Tai ahead of this about the bandwidth, trust me everything is fine bro

hmm i was think its added some special thinks for server ;p but is basic ;p kill omas and cats ;p then go bw and not see any quest to do

Quote Originally Posted by Amrod View Post
    hmm i was think its added some special thinks for server ;p but is basic ;p kill omas and cats ;p then go bw and not see any quest to do
    The whole point of the server is to make it like Official Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by Piff1 View Post
    The whole point of the server is to make it like Official Mir.

Been there, done that. With a small community that have played this official theme over and over, itís gets boring. Unless theyíve thrown in a new feel or element to it then I donít see this doing any good. We have chronicles and other servers that follow that official feel so what makes this any better? Sorry but this does not appeal to me. Good luck

now official not make sense bro ;p ppl neeed some fresh things like paragon system, hero system. anyway good luck m8 with project i hope many join

Fair enough if that's your opinion. Let me clarify when I started this project there were no decent file sets available with all the areas as they were, especially not in crystal mir 2 and publically available. This project has set out to improve on whats available to this community as a baseline whilst running a server parallel, partly to add sustainability to the project. Yes, I've not released anything publically yet but in essence, I don't feel the project is far enough down the line to warrant such a release just yet (as you can tell old areas are still being rebuilt).

I don't think anyone else now, or in the foreseeable future will be remaking this content as thoroughly and re-balancing, then making it publically available, and that is our niche, and what sets us appart.

What server,s work the best? Marble / Chronicles / Ragezone etc etc etc endless list, all the 200+ usercount servers are 95% of the time Low rate that have all the features of euro, with some cool features and maybe a few new maps, like it or not people just love doing 0-40 in the same old caves with your old friends having a laugh in Comms.

As soon as servers start getting silly with Character AI's and all the flashy shit i don't want to play it after that.

P.s heroes system is dog shit, the idea has been about for years now and Eden Elite probably got the closest to having a good system and even then it was just a massive hassle lvling it up then kitting it for it to do what you ask to do about 10% of the time lol it's just to much of a complexed system for Mir.

Looks really good great work im looking very foward to playing this once its done. I know people say its offical its boring bla blah blah but tbh what server has lasted longer than two months that has all this fancy paragon systems and rebirth rubbish in it and i mean a server with a real player base not loads of afk alts and bots.

The only server worth playing at all is chron and that is a low rate as close to any kind of offical feel server out there and lets face it even that is slowey going down hill the commuinty is screaming out for a real server to pop up and grind away on and tbh i hope this is it.
    Last edited by monoxidelenny; 14-11-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittin View Post
    Fair enough if that's your opinion. Let me clarify when I started this project there were no decent file sets available with all the areas as they were, especially not in crystal mir 2 and publically available. This project has set out to improve on whats available to this community as a baseline whilst running a server parallel, partly to add sustainability to the project. Yes, I've not released anything publically yet but in essence, I don't feel the project is far enough down the line to warrant such a release just yet (as you can tell old areas are still being rebuilt).

I don't think anyone else now, or in the foreseeable future will be remaking this content as thoroughly and re-balancing, then making it publically available, and that is our niche, and what sets us appart.

Ok so I have misunderstood. Iím not slating low rates or official themed servers, just saying if thereís no content, new features that are appealing then I cant see this doing good. But if itís the same thing over and over and nothing new, it will flop. But since you are doing it to improve the files and then releasing it, thatís something. All the best

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast