Mir on Mac

Crisps

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Nov 15, 2016
im gettin a mac air tomorrow and wondered if mir is playable on it and how it works? as i always have been a windows user can some1 pls confirm i can get on and play on a mac

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
im gettin a mac air tomorrow and wondered if mir is playable on it and how it works? as i always have been a windows user can some1 pls confirm i can get on and play on a mac

only if you use a vm :(

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
only if you use a vm :(

Even then it doesn't work unfortunately... Neither does dual booting the machine

Not sure whether getting an external graphics card would help... but again it's another additional cost and I can't guarantee whether it would work or not.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

I don't think so, I've yet to see anyone be successful in playing mir on a mac.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I don't think so, I've yet to see anyone be successful in playing mir on a mac.

I do, and it works good, just some overheating problems

---------- Post Merged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Even then it doesn't work unfortunately... Neither does dual booting the machine

Not sure whether getting an external graphics card would help... but again it's another additional cost and I can't guarantee whether it would work or not.

I dont know m8, but i got 3 VM with Win XP Sp3 and works like a charm. From time to time it overheats but its decent

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005
Step 1. Install boot camp and follow steps to install windows 10
Step 2. Play Mir

Enjoy :)

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
I do, and it works good, just some overheating problems

---------- Post Merged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I dont know m8, but i got 3 VM with Win XP Sp3 and works like a charm. From time to time it overheats but its decent

I'm interested to know what mac you're using and what VM you're using (VirtualBox, Fusion etc.)

I'm yet to find anyone that's managed to get it running smoothly with no gameplay issues on a dualboot let alone a VM.

akash992

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2009
United Kingdom - Leicester
I'm using Mir on a 2014 Macbook pro. I have downloaded Parallels Desktop and loaded windows 10 onto.. I do have some issues with the cave lighting, if my candle is on the character I see a patch of white blur, don't know if there is a solution to fix this. I'm also trying to get onto Zircon Mir but the map is completely white blurred, still waiting for a response from the GM team about this.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I used to have a mac book pro and just downloaded virtual box, let me play Mir smoothly there

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Why is everyone so baffled lol ? Load of people over the years have used Mac to play Mir obviously using some sort of VM, not sure why you would want to do it but can 100% be done, not sure about the newer verisons though that could be problematic.