Decent server to bring back my love for mir?

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yo,

I have been away for a while... quite a while actually!

I'm wanting to find a server to sink some of my free time into now the winter has set in.

Any recommendations? I like servers that keep things basic from the start (So usual hunting grounds for the earlier levels), that way I know what I'm actually doing :P

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Come join us on Artificial which Witten currently has online,

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Wait a little while for Zircon perhaps? If you mainly played Mir2, then you may find that it is similar enough to sate the appetite whilst still being fresh enough to be an almost new experience. It has the added benefit that it's Jamie running it, who has pedigree too and the download process and user friendly elements he adds improve the overall quality of life of the game dramatically. It's in alpha until Dec (presumably its beta now?)

Thread | Download

For purely Mir2.... errr....

Paragon if you want something entirely different. It's very meh in my opinion, with deadend quests (although they seem to have been improved somewhat) and overall just a feeling of getting it wrong. New elements, and instance work is awesome however, even if implementation isn't always on point.

And lately Artificial Mir seems to be a promising prospect. Not fully released yet, but very nice work going on looking to make it the most complete prospect for purely original aspects.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Wait a little while for Zircon perhaps? If you mainly played Mir2, then you may find that it is similar enough to sate the appetite whilst still being fresh enough to be an almost new experience. It has the added benefit that it's Jamie running it, who has pedigree too and the download process and user friendly elements he adds improve the overall quality of life of the game dramatically. It's in alpha until Dec (presumably its beta now?)

Thread | Download

For purely Mir2.... errr....

Paragon if you want something entirely different. It's very meh in my opinion, with deadend quests (although they seem to have been improved somewhat) and overall just a feeling of getting it wrong. New elements, and instance work is awesome however, even if implementation isn't always on point.

And lately Artificial Mir seems to be a promising prospect. Not fully released yet, but very nice work going on looking to make it the most complete prospect for purely original aspects.

Don't bother with Paragon yet, there's an exploit currently going on, and Hany has made several changes to PVE/PVP, it's all unbalanced and a lot of people have quit, it's flopping big time.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Was I right in saying it#s not fully released yet? I can't recall. (as in it's still kinda in 'beta'?)

Pretty sure it is, Darn hope it is lol 2 top levels have bits of Mir kit and are around 22+ levels higher than everybody else on rankings.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Was I right in saying it#s not fully released yet? I can't recall. (as in it's still kinda in 'beta'?)

It's pretty mature as-is there is a planned wipe however, hoping I can make it pre-christmas.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Pretty sure it is, Darn hope it is lol 2 top levels have bits of Mir kit and are around 22+ levels higher than everybody else on rankings.

You're pretty sure it is released? When was this announced? Have I missed something 0_o?

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

It's pretty mature as-is there is a planned wipe however, hoping I can make it pre-christmas.

Whoops, nevermind, didn't see Wittin post until after I'd replied. So it's still before the wipe. Cool :D

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
You're pretty sure it is released? When was this announced? Have I missed something 0_o?

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Whoops, nevermind, didn't see Wittin post until after I'd replied. So it's still before the wipe. Cool :D

Pretty sure it's in testing u nub :P

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hi Smavid :cheerful:

Honestly mate just wait untill Zircon, It's Mir3 but feels like Mir2 it runs so well it's coming along really nice. I have a level 45Ish Assassin on Chronicles if you wanna mess about on there untill Zircon?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Why would I wanna play if you're gonna wipe it? :P

Oh, hey Wittin!

This has put me off playing it too, no point putting in effort if it's going to get wiped. Welcome back dude, don't know if you remember me... Rocky/TheDon.

Sorry who are you? I see you were an admin but I don't remember you?

He played Mir since 1.4, was around a lot back in the day, used to have a profile picture of a Nissan for years.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Honestly mate just wait untill Zircon, It's Mir3 but feels like Mir2 it runs so well it's coming along really nice. I have a level 45Ish Assassin on Chronicles if you wanna mess about on there untill Zircon?

I agree feels a lot like Mir 2

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I agree feels a lot like Mir 2

Don't bring your **** over to this post please. It's a shame it spread in to your friends thread I agree, but don't you start bringing the needless horseshit to others.