Decent server to bring back my love for mir?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
In all fairness, I'm usually just mucking about. I'd say my humour was more left than middle though.

If you want the thread cleaned, I'm sure you just have to seriously request it from Tai (maybe not Daneo) and I hope they'd comply. Jamie's situation was slightly different however as you and a few others were outright just slagging him off, which I really don't see being the case in your thread. It's got that way a lil bit I guess, but mostly it was people just trying to ask you questions and you getting a bit defensive which lead to the current mess. I don't think I myself have ever actually criticised you or said anything negative about the server, and you have twice replied a bit defensively to me. Maybe just pipe down, ignore people in thread and ask politely for it to be cleaned as opposed to always adding an accusation about Daneo with your requests?

Tai isn't all that unreasonable, and wants to see the Mir3 community thrive so just PM him perhaps?

I asked tai for clean of my Holley thread 1 week ago and all i got was "Lomcn dont have mir3 mod"

Anyway... dont change direction of your humour! its middle ;P

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I can understand that but Mir 2 is Mir 2, the armors look like Mir 2 when i played anyway even the camera view the Chars movement/attacks

Skills look like Mir 3 tho

I only feel like this as i could never get into Mir 2

You realise this makes no sense? lol.

Jamie hasn't come out and recreated every single image ever released in Mir3 lol...the images are all the same, the movements are all the same, the armours are all the same.

The thing that differs is the playability and SOME of the skill looks (This is simply because Mir3 has a some sort of particle system that Jamie said could take years to recreate)...this would effect skills such as Frozen Earth for example where you see that "puff" of Ice as it's trailing, or why Assassins Poison Cloud looks much lighter compared to the original Dark Cloud on GSP/KOR.

There is literally nothing Mir2 about it lol, other than some of the base functionality Jamie has opted to add in for said Mir2 players (Such as right-click detargeting for example)...the game itself is Mir3, there is no if or maybes about it lol...it's impossible to make "images" move a certain way, other than how they were made to move lol.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Would be nice for a cleaned thread on gsp so we can raise lomcn back... dont throw **** on gsp-kor and C# , both have ups and down, some is original and some is creative and some is both...

Finally lomcn have can have two strong servers that can raise flag high up.

I miss the old days when ppls used to talk technical stuff, not self proclaimed "content advisors" and trolls... this is 9gag type stuff.

Bring scripts, bring systems bring cool stuff... dont bring hate

---------- Post Merged at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Jamie hasn't come out and recreated every single image ever released in Mir3 lol...the images are all the same, the movements are all the same, the armours are all the same.

The thing that differs is the playability and SOME of the skill looks (This is simply because Mir3 has a some sort of particle system that Jamie said could take years to recreate)...this would effect skills such as Frozen Earth for example where you see that "puff" of Ice as it's trailing, or why Assassins Poison Cloud looks much lighter compared to the original Dark Cloud on GSP/KOR.

There is literally nothing Mir2 about it lol, other than some of the base functionality Jamie has opted to add in for said Mir2 players (Such as right-click detargeting for example)...the game itself is Mir3, there is no if or maybes about it lol...it's impossible to make "images" move a certain way, other than how they were made to move lol.

like this stuff
.... toxic

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Is that same particle effect thing used anywhere else other than skills (like in movements or character 'models'? Didn't really play Mir3 all that much, so can't really recall what he means. Maybe that's what all the Mir2 'stuff' is about? I would assume Jamie and others would have realised this and not defended against the stance so fervently if this was the case though

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Is that same particle effect thing used anywhere else other than skills (like in movements or character 'models'? Didn't really play Mir3 all that much, so can't really recall what he means. Maybe that's what all the Mir2 'stuff' is about? I would assume Jamie and others would have realised this and not defended against the stance so fervently if this was the case though

With no hate. Ive seen videos.

On jamie's server is orange and kinda transparency while on gsp/kor is dark and opacity

Ofcorse is moves faster with lack of details.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Nope.

The Spell Effects that you use to turn off to improve lag, is that very same system. Tons of the spells apparently had it, including Tempest....if you compared the skills you can see the difference.

It's possible some of the glows on armours inherited this system and even the weather system, but i'm not sure.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Would be nice for a cleaned thread on gsp so we can raise lomcn back... dont throw **** on gsp-kor and C# , both have ups and down, some is original and some is creative and some is both...

Finally lomcn have can have two strong servers that can raise flag high up.

I miss the old days when ppls used to talk technical stuff, not self proclaimed "content advisors" and trolls... this is 9gag type stuff.

Bring scripts, bring systems bring cool stuff... dont bring hate

---------- Post Merged at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:09 PM ----------

like this stuff
.... toxic

I agree with your principle here, but again you are being overly defensive. Pottsy was in no way being toxic, like at all. He made some solid points and was trying to engage with you. You say don't bring hate... well Pottsy didn't, but your response did. And can only serve to incite Pottsy. Maybe read his thoughts, and discuss them civilly. He isn't blindly disagreeing, he has actually made points.

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Nope.

The Spell Effects that you use to turn off to improve lag, is that very same system. Tons of the spells apparently had it, including Tempest....if you compared the skills you can see the difference.

It's possible some of the glows on armours inherited this system and even the weather system, but i'm not sure.

Maybe that is all they mean then. Then again maybe it really is the juttering movement that seems more prevalent on the others.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I agree with your principle here, but again you are being overly defensive. Pottsy was in no way being toxic, like at all. He made some solid points and was trying to engage with you. You say don't bring hate... well Pottsy didn't, but your response did. And can only serve to incite Pottsy. Maybe read his thoughts, and discuss them civilly. He isn't blindly disagreeing, he has actually made points.

When you see on discord "hahah i ruined zedina on windows 10 thread" "lets do -rep him"

I understand the over protective for the master-carrot but its not fair.. who knows, maybe zircon will be strong or not, maybe gsp/kor will be strong or not, but its not nice to throw shite... who knows pottsy where you will play in 1-2 years :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Maybe that is all they mean then. Then again maybe it really is the juttering movement that seems more prevalent on the others.

It's possible, but thats not what people are mentioning lol.

And had I not been so anal about the details between both versions, i wouldn't have noticed it myself and i doubt others have either.

But the thing thats being picked up on for example are the "moving of the capes"....Considering they are the same images, how can they move differently? lol...thats whats confusing, you can't pick a detail to differentiate when it can't actually be changed without skipping entire images and making the whole sequence look odd.

Stuff like what i've outlined, fair enough. Completely agree that some GSP skills will look better...but they have the full system. Very minor and if Jamie said it could take years to create, is it worth the effort for a bit of smoke puff? Not really lol.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

And had I not been so anal about the details between both versions, i wouldn't have noticed it myself and i doubt others have either.

But the thing thats being picked up on for example are the "moving of the capes"....Considering they are the same images, how can they move differently? lol...thats whats confusing, you can't pick a detail to differentiate when it can't actually be changed without skipping entire images and making the whole sequence look odd.

Stuff like what i've outlined, fair enough. Completely agree that some GSP skills will look better...but they have the full system. Very minor and if Jamie said it could take years to create, is it worth the effort for a bit of smoke puff? Not really lol.

I dont give a f*ck about visual..

I bring gsp and kor so players can feel original mir3 experience, some users played gsp before and i know lots want to try again the experience

You always pick the line that suits you better.. you little keyboard warrior

* and not only skills, but mobs and armors and items too :P

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Pinch of salt, as I literally do not know, but there are a fair number of ways. The animation time between each frame, the duration of each, (as you say) frames missing (although that seems damn unlikely). Maybe on Jamie's they move quicker or something, but I'd assume you'd notice that as you say you've looked pretty carefully.

Have you got versions? Could you do a side by side vid or something? It's not important I guess but I don't think I have either installed atm.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

People mention the caps, But I kinda wonder if it is the Korean Images that are different than the GSP ones, That's the only thing I can think of.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

cant the kor exe be decompile? thats what we did with the mir2 korean exe

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Pinch of salt, as I literally do not know, but there are a fair number of ways. The animation time between each frame, the duration of each, (as you say) frames missing (although that seems damn unlikely). Maybe on Jamie's they move quicker or something, but I'd assume you'd notice that as you say you've looked pretty carefully.

Have you got versions? Could you do a side by side vid or something? It's not important I guess but I don't think I have either installed atm.

I could...but it's a waste of time lol.

GSP will simply not run very well...its frames consistently drop to 10-15 after a short period of playtime...thats down from 60 that i can see on my monitor...anything less than 60 it will look trippy in comparison.

The frame duration as you say could be different or identical....no way of knowing until the playability matches with Zircon, which it currently doesn't lol.

Zircon i'm comfortable it's playing how it should since the frame rates I get are well over 600 every time...10x what my monitor is capable of viewing....it's not ever going to look trippy like GSP until it drops below 60.

In fact....Jamie has an option in Zircon to Cap the FPS and turn on V-Sync...this limits me and causes the trippy effect (Or at least it did when i first pointed it out to him)...but i'm obviously not going to play this way lol, and it's purely caused by the options...not mass memory leaks.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I could...but it's a waste of time lol.

GSP will simply not run very well...its frames consistently drop to 10-15 after a short period of playtime...thats down from 60 that i can see on my monitor...anything less than 60 it will look trippy in comparison.

The frame duration as you say could be different or identical....no way of knowing until the playability matches with Zircon, which it currently doesn't lol.

Zircon i'm comfortable it's playing how it should since the frame rates I get are well over 600 every time...10x what my monitor is capable of viewing....it's not ever going to look trippy like GSP until it drops below 60.

In fact....Jamie has an option in Zircon to Cap the FPS and turn on V-Sync...this limits me and causes the trippy effect (Or at least it did when i first pointed it out to him)...but i'm obviously not going to play this way lol, and it's purely caused by the options...not mass memory leaks.

Thanks for the extra info. It sounds like you've put a fair amount of effort in, so I'll trust your insight I reckon.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks for the extra info. It sounds like you've put a fair amount of effort in, so I'll trust your insight I reckon.

When the resolution changes on Zeds GSP, i will make a comparison video lol.

Currently no point, as I can't get Zircons resolution down to 800x600...and it will defaulty look different and odd.

SkeemaLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 6, 2017
particle effects only add like a very slight almost unnoticeable sparkle to skills, tempest etc. literally used to turn it off in settings anyway difference in off and on is barely noticeable maybe 10% brightness increase of skill with it on, but it seemed to increase lag majorly in screen of congested or spammed tempest

thing that really baffles me tho is where all this mir2 talk came from i understood Piff1 when he was saying that it runs as smooth as mir2 but then Fusion comes on saying yea feels like mir2 lol when anto i dont even think youve ever played mir2 to make that comparison. holley and gsp both ran like crap on gaming pcs

best way is to let the people decide where they want to play once servers are released, but all this **** throwing is getting tiresome, ZentaurX doesnt need to worry as its always had its loyal group of players that would stick to zentaur no matter what, the countless times server mobs were made harder own classes added and amount of times server has been wiped, all at the same time that other better mir3 servers were about and yet the loyal ones remained showed that it wont matter to some if there is better versions around as they trust in the longevity of zentaur/zed. I literally have load of people i know who played zentaur back when i played in like 2006 or possibly earlier who still have that belief.

good luck to both but i dont see a need to slander or mis-inform people about a mir3 server being secretly mir2 lol. just my 2 cents i await the defensive/abusive replies xD

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Jamie you Legend.

your right have not played mir 2 a lot played
Chronicles for a short time,
I never said it was mir 2 i will just point that out :P

I have not played Zircon in a while but when i was there i noticed the view was off also some of the armors the level 22 armors but that all could have changed by now, if so ill get back into my box :P

have a look at the camera views in the videos,

[video=youtube;nM3_FjjCrwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3_FjjCrwA[/video]

[video=youtube;nKER49M53BA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKER49M53BA[/video]

[video=youtube;YTFh9uGTjEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFh9uGTjEY[/video]

the view seems off but thats just nitpicking the resolution was a pain for me as i have a **** laptop :(

But the end of the day 2 servers coming out witch will be good for Mir 3 i have all ways said this

and skeema i remember you being super fast on Mir even while you had PS on :P
[video=youtube;tEkDHkvCWOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEkDHkvCWOU[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: zedina

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Jamie you Legend.

your right have not played mir 2 a lot played
Chronicles for a short time,
I never said it was mir 2 i will just point that out :P

I have not played Zircon in a while but when i was there i noticed the view was off also some of the armors the level 22 armors but that all could have changed by now, if so ill get back into my box :P

have a look at the camera views in the videos,​

the views in the videos look exactly same to me

see attached,

Jamies on left and Zeds on right, look the same to me. Its is mir3. The only difference being the lighting and rain.

Other screenshot the background is Jamies with Zeds in the middle at same point. You can see everything lines up the same, if the camera angles where different then it wouldnt. I have not seen any change in camera angles since day 1.

I think it feels more mir2 to you simply due to the resolution differences only.

I would compare the armours for you but i cannot level on those gsp files to do so or i would. It will be interesting to do the comparison on these armour issues once Zed switches to the korean client.

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 55
  • comparison2.jpg
    comparison2.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 59

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

the views in the videos look exactly same to me

see attached,

Jamies on left and Zeds on right, look the same to me. Its is mir3. The only difference being the lighting and rain.

Other screenshot the background is Jamies with Zeds in the middle at same point. You can see everything lines up the same, if the camera angles where different then it wouldnt. I have not seen any change in camera angles since day 1.

I think it feels more mir2 to you simply due to the resolution differences only.

I would compare the armours for you but i cannot level on those gsp files to do so or i would. It will be interesting to do the comparison on these armour issues once Zed switches to the korean client.

use zircon client on 800x600 then compare.. lol