Poll Zircon PK/bodydrops/bagdrops

smoochy boys on tour

Zircon pk

• Total voters

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Kori you have never been an real Pker, You gave yourself your own status amongst pker's. Granted you held your own on Chronicles and granted you was nippy, but on every other server i see, you play in the big guild with numbers, I've never actually seen you in an small guild fighting on the side with less numbers, only ever the big guilds. So please in an non harsh way shut up. With your status amongst men, instead of pretending to be the legend of mir, which you shall never take off Ramb, get yoself a job boi.

Secondly, Pk drops on and off option? hahahaha. Oh jesus, yes ill run around with PK on and risk my kit to fight somebody who has their's constantly turned off? Big fight happening in kr... 1 guild has recall set other doesnt, if guild leader is smart tells guild with recall set to tele to town turn it off then get recalled back, vs the guild that hasn't got recall set/cant get back. Wouldnt work at all.

Honestly remove the pk on and off option, its utterly retarded and easily exploited. Carebears will just vote that to shut up the rest, but then once ingame have it always turned off and exploit vs people with it on, they know there losing the votes.

VOTE RAMB

Ramb.

I'm not much of a PK player, let alone a good player and honestly I mostly just keep to myself in quiet caves. But I've heard of Kori, he has even killed me a few times, but I've never even heard of someone called Ramb? :)

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Kori you have never been an real Pker, You gave yourself your own status amongst pker's. Granted you held your own on Chronicles and granted you was nippy, but on every other server i see, you play in the big guild with numbers, I've never actually seen you in an small guild fighting on the side with less numbers, only ever the big guilds. So please in an non harsh way shut up. With your status amongst men, instead of pretending to be the legend of mir, which you shall never take off Ramb, get yoself a job boi.

Secondly, Pk drops on and off option? hahahaha. Oh jesus, yes ill run around with PK on and risk my kit to fight somebody who has their's constantly turned off? Big fight happening in kr... 1 guild has recall set other doesnt, if guild leader is smart tells guild with recall set to tele to town turn it off then get recalled back, vs the guild that hasn't got recall set/cant get back. Wouldnt work at all.

Honestly remove the pk on and off option, its utterly retarded and easily exploited. Carebears will just vote that to shut up the rest, but then once ingame have it always turned off and exploit vs people with it on, they know there losing the votes.

VOTE RAMB

Ramb.

Jamie's observer on/off wouldn't work.

The other Suggestion for switching on and off would. Suggestion is only ppl with drops on will drop if killed by someone else with drops on. U fight vs ppl with it off neither will lose kit. Also a cooldown on switching it off to prevent said situation of guilds tting to turn off. Most places worth using recall on still have plenty of floors to run to get bk to kr anyway so plenty of time to kill boss while they come bk if they do.

Deeper floor system is just as bad. You can see lots of videos vs endgame bosses where deaths are guaranteed just vs the boss nevermind throwing in PvP there too.

Either way Jamie actually seems against anything other than bag drops and that isn't confirmed to stay. I hope it does stay as it's probably the best compromise u will get

The only thing against death drops for me is the uncounter ability vs hidden players and this will mainly be used by groups of sins to stalk targets for kit. Bigger guild fights ppl will just come in spare kits if PvP drops on n make ppl more inclined to tt. Meaning fight is over fast.

If you are that 5 man grp vs 30 u either get a lucky quick kill n tt, and then it's not a guaranteed drop, or u tt before fight as you know you will die n poss lose kit. No PvP drops means u will hang around to try n be a nuisance.

If u want PvP there will be plenty without drops.
But as you said you want it as pkers run in smaller guilds who get stomped at bosses by the carebear ones. So you cant get items from bosses. If there was truly more people after pk drops you would be guilded together and crush the carebears with even numbers and greater PvP skills and have all the bosses and items that way.

With a well populated server with the current boss respawn and kr opening mechanics there will be plenty of fights to be had.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

You've combined my replys from 2 threads, the first thread i was given no option of what Jamie explained on Page 1.. So stop trying to look smart lol, also around 80%ish are voting for some sort of body drop so... Derp

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
pk drops allways on ! Simplesss looking forward to playing this noticed Jamie put alot of effort into making only ever played a mir 3 once

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
I'm not much of a PK player, let alone a good player and honestly I mostly just keep to myself in quiet caves. But I've heard of Kori, he has even killed me a few times, but I've never even heard of someone called Ramb? :)

Two reasons for this Jicaa, one being Ramboone is like the saviour of the poor, They call me the modern day Robin Hood, like you said "i keep myself quiet in caves", Ramb doe's not just jump upon an solo player keeping himself to himself, Ramb protects the little nooblets of mir.

Secondly, i dont geek every server that opens as im a working man now, i realised as i got older i had to become responsable and get my own little house and brum =( ageing sucks.

RAMBOONE!

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Real PvP/PK players don't care about body drops, they care about the fight. Body drops were just a juicy ego bonus.

Just throwing that out there.

Voted 2, because that'll probably satisfy both types of players.

Normally the argument for people being pk'd is high levels smashing the low. Could it not be coded so that if there is a 20 level gap for example then either side cannot hit the other unless they are after say 2nd floor in whatever cave they are in (adjusted for caves with less than 3 floors though) That way the noobs can do what they want to do in their groups without being smashed by a big group. Also limits them to the first few floors no risk no reward. Also means that people cant abuse it ie storing boss/sub drops on the invincible noob player that they are protecting.

If that makes sense haha

FROSTBITE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2017
---------- Post Merged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Pk drops need to be on, that's a huge part of why the majority of us still play outdated Mir in late 2017. I have never seen a server die because players were losing kit in fights, it's usually down to lack of GM involvement ingame/forum and pve drops being imbalanced.
The "carebears" will still lose most fights anyways, only difference is the pk oriented players will get bored pretty fast and the rate of pve drops is usually much less than pvp. The pk players are probably your most harcore/addicted players as well which means they most likely donate the most money on decent servers, catering to them might actually be worth it but that's just my 2 cents. As a strictly pvp player myself I have no interest even trying out a new server with drops disabled even though I am usually unlucky with drops in general, it just gives me no real reason to play Mir over more modern games then, just my 2 cents I guess.....
With all of that being said, I thought Marble was pretty good even though I started a couple months late. Jamie definitely knows his stuff in regards to coding and Mir so hopefully this server works out :) Good luck!

Last edited:

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
I really hate the idea of no looting potential at all, majority of MMOs I play other than Mir are full loot. PvP in these games needs to have substance, else losing is nothing more than an inconvenience. However in a game with ridiculous 1-poploldropped noob skills I can see the issue here.

I do like the idea of body + bag drops only on certain maps, starting with KR's. This prevents situations such as some top tier Assassin jumping some mid-tier wizzy mid-lure and being rewarded for it at the wizzies expense (let's face it there's not much he could have done). People in KR's know what they're there for, and know what to expect. Definitely a nice middle ground.

However let me suggest an alternative solution too (expanding on PK on/off option here):

Presuming Zircon is still 100 points per PK (and lose 100 points per hour) where 100 = yellow and 200 = red. (pretty sure Mir was always this way anyway I could be wrong). Why not add a "PK toggle":

• When PK is toggled off, normal PvP rules apply. No body/bag drops and normal PK points gained.
  • When PK is toggled on (which should take around 5 seconds to go on or off from pressing the shortcut), there should be a distinct visual effect (red orb above head?) so you can clearly see who has it on
  • When PK is toggled on anyone you kill will have body/bag drops on, even if they have it toggled off.
  • If you kill someone with PK on, you gain 250 PK points. You want PK drops? Live the life of a red.
  • When PK is toggled on, guards will attack you (even if not red named) and your body/bag drops are enabled too, even if your killer has it turned off.
  • It should be easier to leave penal island, feasible to play the game, hunt etc as a red player.

Another idea:

You could experiment with things like, a buff which everyone has on 24/7 (which prevents body/bag drops on PK). When you are hit by a player, there is a 5 second countdown (visually represented in the chat box, maybe even an audio sound when the buff drops) then the buff will be turned off. Now you can drop from body/bag when you die. If you are not hit (by player) for 10 seconds, buff comes back on.

This buff will prevent people getting 1-banged and dropping ****. If you want to PK someone you have the ability to 1-bang and make them drop, hit them without killing them first to give the buff time to come off, then go in for the kill.

This allows the "victim" in the situation to RT / TT and get the **** out basically. A safety net for the wizard/assassin situation I described above.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You 2 haven't said anything that hasn't been said 100x over on the previous thread that was closed because the argument isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Oh :P you quoted Kori when he was on about PK drops lol.

Figured the 2 went hand in hand....Nevermind then! :D

Edited :P

I specifically quoted the popcorn bit, purposely to miss lead people in thinking sensitive topic refereed to Body Drops, No one Bit, so I didn't announce that toffee popcorn is my favourite.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I specifically quoted the popcorn bit, purposely to miss lead people in thinking sensitive topic refereed to Body Drops, No one Bit, so I didn't announce that toffee popcorn is my favourite.

Apparently not many people like toffee oddly enough...

It's the only one i like personally lol.