Poll Zircon PK/bodydrops/bagdrops

Zircon pk

• Total voters

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
So few ideas people have mentioned on discord that couldn't work.

1. Dedicated King Room body and bag drops. (Karma disabled in dedicated KR)
Dedicated kings rooms are DIC,ZT,RME,Holypalace,mystery ship,numa.
excluded body drops for open maps that people level/hunt in, despair vally,banyo,hymoon,ashdevil as examples

2. option to turn on or off pk/body drops from safe zone, no cool down required.

3. No body drops but bag drops enabled

4. No body or bag drops.

Can you edit the poll itself? Number 3 is ment to be no body but bag!

multi vote enabled

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Real PvP/PK players don't care about body drops, they care about the fight. Body drops were just a juicy ego bonus.

Just throwing that out there.

Voted 2, because that'll probably satisfy both types of players.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
i voted for 2.

works for everyone.

but is there a Pro for having it turned on because some PKers will just have it off and go PK others with it on, also they will need to be some kinda cool down otherwise if someone dies they will run back without drops on and grief just because they've lost

if there is no Pro to having it enables il change my vote too 1 if it means only body drops in KRs and bag drops in other areas.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I voted 2, but also 1.

Force KR's to body/bag then that means people wanting to fight for bosses can still gain without killing the boss, but enables protection for people levelling in lower caves, but gives option of ramping up the risk!

If it were implemented and you pk'ed somebody who had body drops on, but yours was off would it be correct to assume your setting would apply to their death? So if Kori had safety turned off, and I attacked him with my safety on, then I would get 0 drop from him even though his safety being off?

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Voted for 2 but should have a cooldown to switch it back off to prevent people trying to snipe pk someone they just observed who has it on. Then running and hiding.

Even with that option castle wars should be no drops zones for bag/body to encourage everyone to come fight for it

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
i voted for 2.

works for everyone.

but is there a Pro for having it turned on because some PKers will just have it off and go PK others with it on, also they will need to be some kinda cool down otherwise if someone dies they will run back without drops on and grief just because they've lost

if there is no Pro to having it enables il change my vote too 1 if it means only body drops in KRs and bag drops in other areas.

Most of the fights where it actually matters will be pretty deep into a cave where nobody will be running back to :)

Other areas, i suspect are at risk but...what can ya do really lol.

I also suspect that if you have it off and someone else has it on, it would defaulty not allow them to drop items out of fair play....either both have it on and have drops, or someone doesn't and neither of you drop.

I also suspect that instanced drops will come into play....so that those with it OFF won't even see other players kill drops who have it on etc....at least thats how i would do it :)

Voted 2 and 3 (As in, Shanes corrected No.3 lol).

Either have the option for On/Off with what i mentioned above.
Or Bag drops only, no body drops, like is currently being tested.

Either 1 will go some distance to please both sides, if people don't want to accept middle ground then tough tits? Pick a choice and live with it, because this is something that can't be changed at a later date.

P.S: Can I also just say, this back and forthing between decision is growing tiresome lol...i'm sure this will shortly become a flame war because nobody is going to agree completely...just pick a choice and stick with it.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
'PK on or off' doesn't really describe anything other than the core prospect though. If it's 'on' or 'off' on the fly, then no. If it's a perma decision when you create your character, then yes. If if has a significant (like hours long) cooldown, then also yes, but better with a perma on off IMO

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The ONLY way Body Drops would be in game is for those that do NOT have Observer on.

Observer On = No Body drops.
Observer Off = Body Drops.

Reason for this, If you don't have observer on, you are hiding something, therefore should be punished!

(This is just an Idea, Not implemented)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
The ONLY way Body Drops would be in game is for those that do NOT have Observer on.

Reason for this, If you don't have observer on, you are hiding something, therefore should be punished!

Please do that, nothing else works i thought the option of turning pk's on / off would work but in reality it just wouldn't only a small handful of people would have it on the rest would just keep it off and hope they kill people with Body drops on.

This is the best way, You gain from having observer on with the small 5% bonus and people who don't will gain from being able to get a pk drop.

I voted for Pk drops at all time but would be overly happy with having the Observer = no drops, really is the best way for everybody.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

really like this idea

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015

Its an interesting concept, as it prevents people being targetted because they have observer on and people can see the kit they have and where they are hunting. What would happen if you have observer on but kill someone with it off? Would they still drop? If can get drops from others with it off and you are protected from having it on i would expect everyone would be keeping it on anyway as u get body drop protection and exp/drop buff. While some people may switch it off to actively hide being dodgey others may have it off as some douche has an issue with them and spends all their time following them around ruining hunts.

Alternatively, small guild A is constantly being targetted by bigger guild B. They get followed around due to observer. Turn it off so they can hunt in peace for a couple of hours, sacrificing the exp/drop bonus for this. Guild B finds out where they are then head down with observer still on, they are then free to smash them again and gain their kit without risking any of their own. Yes guild A may notice some of guild B coming using observer but maybe they dont. Bigger guilds going for bosses, probably dont mind keeping it on knowing a fight will occur, but then they are fighting for the PvP and boss kill, not to get drops from others.

One aspect of body drops not covered by anything is the drop rate on normal/quality/elite items. Euro mir had less/no chance to drop quality/elite, it being that low i dont recall anyone actually dropping anything that wasn't a normal item off their body. If you do the same system again body drops will effectively be off at the later game as all kit starts dropping as quality/elite.

Having a buff for body drops on, and you only drop if killed by someone else with body drops on. Will be the best way to encourage people to particpate in pking for drops. You want pk drops means you also then have to be willing to risk your own items. PKers will have to keep it on in order for them to gain body drops from others. It will truly tell how many want body drops as it adds risk to PvP from those that just want to target others for kit. Everyone else with body drops off will then participate in PvP freely knowing if they lose vs the PK gods then its not the end of the world. Maybe once they get good enough at PvP they may turn it on themselves.

Having it so only those with observer off, will still result in the majority of people having observer on, and only those wanting a quiet evening being at risk for trying to hunt in peace. The PKers looking for body drops will keep observer on, why risk their stuff.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
i agree it would need to be explained better once you have the final thoughts on the whole thing.

what would be the Pros/Cons?

if a player without observer kills player with observer will there be any drop chance?

would both party's need observer off for body drops?

would bag drops always be a part of the drop system with or without observer?

there will be many more questions no doubt.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Please do that, nothing else works i thought the option of turning pk's on / off would work but in reality it just wouldn't only a small handful of people would have it on the rest would just keep it off and hope they kill people with Body drops on.

This is the best way, You gain from having observer on with the small 5% bonus and people who don't will gain from being able to get a pk drop.

I voted for Pk drops at all time but would be overly happy with having the Observer = no drops, really is the best way for everybody.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept.

If you have observer on you cannot drop from your body
If you have observer off you can drop from your body.

It will only effect what you can drop form, not what you can make others drop form. It will still result in most people keeping observer on as they now get drop protection and exp/drop buffs, while free to kill anyone with it off.

Turning PK drop buff on/off means u only drop if u have pk drop buff on and are also killed by someone else with it on. If either player (killer or killed) doesnt have pk drop buff on, then player killed does not drop. It means if u want pk drops you have to leave it on and will only encourage people who want body drops to turn it on.

With Jamies idea, you can still gain items from people with observer off, if yours is on. Why would you turn it off? Only reason is so people dont know where u are, ie you have someone following you around all the time, want a quiet hunt somewhere to avoid pvp, or you are doing something dodgey. The numbers doing something dodgey will be much less than those just trying to avoid being targetted.

It wont result in more pk drops.

SkeemaLOM

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 6, 2017
Jamie's ideas is the best compromise. I would be fine with no body drops and just bag drops on but can live with them being on ONLY for both players fighting with observer off. People being able to see who has observer off could tell that they can drop so that's up to people to decide if that's a positive or negative. I do think people are over exadurating the impact of having drops on though, I always loved PvP but some of the best PvP I've had was at wall wars where body drops are off and it's more about guild coordination and communication/teamwork yo take down high priority targets and take the flag

The fact that war stats were on website Nd you could see your kill death ratio and who you killed the most was a big plus and imo essential to wall war participation and bragging rights. Getting a drop from someone who is an enemy was never in my mind when deciding to attack just an added bonus to increase salt levels and bragging rights. But some people act like no body drops no party =P

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Surprised more people didn't like the idea of KR drops....maximum risk countered with maximum reward potential (Boss drops).....

These topics are pointless anyway, Jamie has already said the ONLY way body drops would exist...

Last edited:

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Jamie really does need to clarify this we've been waiting months for an answer, whats the point in having no pk drops? To cater to 20% of your usercount? When 80% will be pushing for drops to be on pretty simple option to me, have to agree with JustAUser here i think with no pk drop's it will only hold a steady usercount for a month ( Please no Mir 3 faggot's trying to compare this to some dead Mir3 server you've played in the past because i don't care lol )

Drops on pk just make's it rewarding and also a risk, no fun running about with 0 chance of anything ever going wrong but losing a boss.

:confused:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

nothing to be confused about simply read.

the system wouldn't work.. because if people got attacked without observer on would they still be able to get a drop from someone with it on?

people would simply just play to bait players to get PK drops the system could be abused easy.

there needs to be floors in the game after x amount of floors you can die and drop from body.

Aldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
there needs to be floors in the game after x amount of floors you can die and drop from body.

Hopefully these would be the same floors you can't RT on, would be an easy way for large guilds to get items :)

c2hfCyx.jpg

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
Kori you have never been an real Pker, You gave yourself your own status amongst pker's. Granted you held your own on Chronicles and granted you was nippy, but on every other server i see, you play in the big guild with numbers, I've never actually seen you in an small guild fighting on the side with less numbers, only ever the big guilds. So please in an non harsh way shut up. With your status amongst men, instead of pretending to be the legend of mir, which you shall never take off Ramb, get yoself a job boi.

Secondly, Pk drops on and off option? hahahaha. Oh jesus, yes ill run around with PK on and risk my kit to fight somebody who has their's constantly turned off? Big fight happening in kr... 1 guild has recall set other doesnt, if guild leader is smart tells guild with recall set to tele to town turn it off then get recalled back, vs the guild that hasn't got recall set/cant get back. Wouldnt work at all.

Honestly remove the pk on and off option, its utterly retarded and easily exploited. Carebears will just vote that to shut up the rest, but then once ingame have it always turned off and exploit vs people with it on, they know there losing the votes.

VOTE RAMB

Ramb.

Last edited: