Dual-Booting from windows 10.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Can anybody give me a hand with this? Wanting to dual-boot Windows 7 onto Windows 10 but it seems different from when i Dual booted XP onto Windows 7. Could anybody give me a hand ?

Is it Possible to Re-install Windows 7 over 10? Or will it not work as it's a downgrade? My Laptop came with a Fresh-install of Windows 10 so there no Option to downgrade in Recovery :\

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Partition HDD and install Windows 7 into the 2nd partition.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2569580/make-partitions-windows.html

I found it easier to install Windows 7 through the installer exe in Windows 10 rather than doing it via the actual bookable CD / USB

I understand fully how to do it, it's easy but my Laptop is really weird getting into my Bios to change the Boot Menu. Could i not just Run the Windows7 .Iso and Custom install it onto my partitioned drive? Or would i still have to change the boot menu in bios ?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it might give you the option to create the a partition during the installation, but to be safer make it via disk management? :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
it might give you the option to create the a partition during the installation, but to be safer make it via disk management? :)

Defo the safer option, I'll give it ago and let you know how i get on.