Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
LOMCN Awards 2017
- The Winners -

I've counted the votes, here are the results. Thanks for all the nominations. Congrats to the winners!

Best Contributor - Akaras
bestcontributer2017.png

Most Helpful - Far
mosthelpful2017.png

Best Coder - Jamie/Hello
jamie2017.gif

Best Moderator - thanks for all the votes but I am awarding this to Daneo1989 as I would not have been able to manage this place without him this year
bestmoderator2017.png

Most Popular - Jamie/Hello
jamie2017.gif

Best Newcomer - Chalace
bestnewcomer2017.png

Funniest Member - Silencer
funniestmember2017.png

Most Missed - Coly
mostmissed2017.png

Biggest Spammer - Zedina
biggestspammer2017.png

Biggest Troll - Koriban
biggesttroll2017.png

Biggest Carrot Jockey - Jamie/Hello
jamie2017.gif

Most Hated - Piff1 (just for you)
mosthated2017.png

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Thankyou for your votes, I can finally afford to feed my troll family. It's been a rough year, but I think we'll make it through.

Happy new year, folks.

Gratz to other winners.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Thanks i'm happy with my medal <3 .. Pfft Zedina aint got nothing on this spam.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
@Tai

Think you've broken something, your new changes to the usergroups has stopped me from being able to PM anyone. Either it hasn't updated yet (likely) or you dun goofed son.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah, also pretty sure that my account is 14 years not 10-12. So not sure why us goldies are now platties.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Tai said:
(If you were previously is one of these groups you may have to wait a few hours for the system to reallocate your new usergroup)

Patience, child. Promotions run every hour but some of you may have to go through several promotions to your Final Destination, hence several hours. (you also have to be logged in at the time, which is :45 past the hour)

I see Breezer has landed though.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Patience, child. Promotions run every hour but some of you may have to go through several promotions to your Final Destination, hence several hours. (you also have to be logged in at the time, which is :45 past the hour)

I see Breezer has landed though.

Aye sir.

What was the reason behind these changes? I'm not against it, just curious.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Aye sir.

What was the reason behind these changes? I'm not against it, just curious.

We seemed to have a ton of Golden Oldies which didn't feel like a special group any more. I think I want to keep it to registered date <= 2006 (there's not actually a setting to do that)

Also by increasing Veterans to 10 years it seems like a nice milestone achievement. Previously the only difference between Dedicated & Veteran was the 500 post count.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
We seemed to have a ton of Golden Oldies which didn't feel like a special group any more. I think I want to keep it to registered date <= 2006 (there's not actually a setting to do that)

Also by increasing Veterans to 10 years it seems like a nice milestone achievement. Previously the only difference between Dedicated & Veteran was the 500 post count.

Interesting. But wouldn't this simply delay your problem for another 2 years?

Not sure if it's possible but why not make a new usergroup (or make Golden Oldies) require to have one of those shiny medals you love handing out every so often (as well as 12+years) This would have two effects:

Massively reduce the number of Golden Oldies as you wanted to keep it special,

and make people strive towards achieving a medal to obtain Golden Oldie status. Yknow, earn it sort of thing.

Food for thought, i'm well aware that would probably be a pain to do or nigh impossible, but hey, we pay you well. :tongue-new:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

I'm not even orange, i'm just gray..

Went from VIP to Nobody, to Golden oldie, back to nobody!!

My purpose really must be nothing :@