Retribution Mir [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Server Information
Server IP: 86.174.80.9
Client Download: Here
Latest Exe to connect to server : Here
Latest Map files(Extract to Client folder) : HERE
New Data Patch 15/02/2018 : HERE
Website
Exp rate: Low-Medium(Custom)
Gold Drops: Low-Medium(Custom)
Drop Rates: Low

Items

There are 1000's of new custom items in this server, no euro items used in the server. There are 4 rarity of items in the server: Normal, Rare, Legendary and Mythical. Later on in the game you will come across Power Levels on items, items may have higher power levels then the required level to equip the item. Upgraded items will play a huge part in this server, items can drop already upgraded or can be upgraded by normal, Lucky and Extra Lucky gems/orbs found in the server.

Experience

Experience is earned on the server through Questing, slaying monsters and ExpPills found from drops. The earlier levels on the server should be relatively easy and slow down when you reach the higher levels.

Quests

There are loads of quests to complete, each cave has a quest chain of its own to keep you busy. The rewards earned by quests are: Gold, Experience and Items(Some really powerful ones in later quests which break on death etc). Questing will be the main way of leveling up at the beginning of the server.

Item upgrading

Upgrading the gear you find will play a huge part in this server. Subs and bosses will drop GemShards and Gems aswell as OrbShards and Orbs. 2 shards can be exchanged for the Gem/Orb of its type. Aswell as Normal gems there are Lucky and Extra lucky gems which have higher chances of success and may even add more stats per Gem/Orb!
Weapons can be upgraded using the refine system ingame, will you find the perfect recipe?
Weapons/Armours and Helmets can also be awoken to have increased stats!

Drops

Rare/Legendary items can be found off any monster ingame but at much higher chances off Sub/Bosses. Normal monsters and subs drop ExpPills to help speed up leveling a little bit or to use on a low level character to catch up. Bosses/Subs can also drop leveling maps(areas designed to be faster then normal caves) and TreasureMaps(Treasure Chests that contain all sorts of goodies for the appropriate level!)

Caves

All caves on this server are custom designed(Euro maps are used but been re-arranged). Caves show a recommended level to help players understand where they should be hunting for experience and item drops. Most caves contain a sub boss and main boss. All caves have a mini map/large map so you can easily find your way around each cave and destroy each boss!

Spells

All the basic spells can be found in the book shop located in town. The rarer spells will drop off Subs and main bosses. The better spells should remain rare and have value for the duration of the server. The newer spells such as CounterStrike and SlahingBurst will be added at a later stage once players are high enough to use them.

28t7x1j.png

1z1xulc.png

23lfa78.png

11s16o9.png

28w1p3o.png

x0u45j.png

bgbnep.png

2eqam2b.png

dyrhwh.png

Last edited:

WarrDcv

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 5, 2017
Re: Retribution Mir

Looks very good !! when the server is open
Looks very good !! when the server is open

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012

Ssoooo... What's different in this ever than what's in the default crystal files? Changing caves around and some custom scripted npcs is a days work... What makes this stand out exactly?

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

Ssoooo... What's different in this ever than what's in the default crystal files? Changing caves around and some custom scripted npcs is a days work... What makes this stand out exactly?

Everything about this server is different, i built it from scratch i didnt just move caves around... It plays like a completely new fresh server.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

tooooddddddddd how you doing mate? Long time no see.

I've just been checking out the other high rate thats coming up tomorrow. Any rough ETA on your serv? Your screenies look decent, cant be arsed with all the low rates at the moment, no time! ;D

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

You didn't build it from scratch though did you, pretty much every item / map / feature you have posted is in standard Crystal files. No doubt it will be decent server as Sacred was always a good play but in reality there nothing new here and it's just near impossible these days to create something Unique without Custom files, in fact the only person i can remember doing it in years in NightScare.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

annnd here we go with everyone putting their two cents in. If you dont wanna play it just do one.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

annnd here we go with everyone putting their two cents in. If you dont wanna play it just do one.

? Todd claimed the files was built from the ground and will feel different to any other Mir server, just by looking at the screen shots and the thread i can tell you neither is the case unless he has some Unique features that has hasn't written into the Post but Todd's a smart lad i'm sure all System will be written in the thread.. I also said his server are actually a really fun play.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

? Todd claimed the files was built from the ground and will feel different to any other Mir server, just by looking at the screen shots and the thread i can tell you neither is the case unless he has some Unique features that has hasn't written into the Post but Todd's a smart lad i'm sure all System will be written in the thread.. I also said his server are actually a really fun play.

I didn't take any offense, your opinion is your own. I myself feel my server feels quite fresh. You can have all the new features you like its the gameplay that matters, look at zircon those files are brand new with loads of features yet I was bored of it in an hour or less.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

I didn't take any offense, your opinion is your own. I myself feel my server feels quite fresh. You can have all the new features you like its the gameplay that matters, look at zircon those files are brand new with loads of features yet I was bored of it in an hour or less.

Probably not a good comparison to make; Mir3 isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially Mir2 players.

I agree features aren't necessary to make a great server, but they definitely can help streamline an otherwise mundane experience, usercount comes next in importance for me personally, community/rivalry is what makes this game fun.

Goodluck with your server, looks fun.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

Probably not a good comparison to make; Mir3 isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially Mir2 players.

I agree features aren't necessary to make a great server, but they definitely can help streamline an otherwise mundane experience, usercount comes next in importance for me personally, community/rivalry is what makes this game fun.

Goodluck with your server, looks fun.

Cheers mate.

andy321

LOMCN Leecher
Jan 20, 2018

this looks very good. cant wait for it. i want to play right now

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

Thanks for the comments guys, will be releasing the server on monday!

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011

AHHHH you tease! haha I'll be back to work then >.<

Is this to test on Monday bud or is it good to go? :)

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

AHHHH you tease! haha I'll be back to work then >.<

Is this to test on Monday bud or is it good to go? :)

will be live.

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Client Download now available on 1st page.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003

Another Toddwhite server, must be skint again.

Reactions: SpecialOne
Status
Not open for further replies.