Western Woool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Quite enjoying it so far, definetely feels a bit slower pace, but I'm liking it.

Would be great to have a bit more information for those of us new to WoooL. Lots of random UI bits/even item slots i have no idea what they are for. Finding where places are/where to hunt etc so far only by asking you. E.g How do p eople know MechTemple is there? did i just miss some npc stuff maybe?

I tried mining a bit, as i ran out of gold, and found it rather random as to where/when i would even get some ore. How is this working? Is this the best way to make some hunt gold early on?

In any case, good work so far, been just enough 'different' but also fun.

Edit: Also, i haven't seen anything that resembles a sub/boss yet, how does this work here?

Last edited:

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Quite enjoying it so far, definetely feels a bit slower pace, but I'm liking it.

Would be great to have a bit more information for those of us new to WoooL. Lots of random UI bits/even item slots i have no idea what they are for. Finding where places are/where to hunt etc so far only by asking you. E.g How do p eople know MechTemple is there? did i just miss some npc stuff maybe?

I tried mining a bit, as i ran out of gold, and found it rather random as to where/when i would even get some ore. How is this working?

Thanks very much mate.

I am currently in the middle of translating a new woool.dat file, so we can disable some of the UI functions that we don't use on the server. When this is complete, i aim to create more story line quests that will take you to the required dungeon for your level.
As soon as i'm complete i will get to work on updating the website with UI information and also the notice board in game.

Sanity is currently reworking the drop files to work with the increase in exp we implemented last week, if mining isn't working correctly i will ask if he can take a look. As far as i know it should work the same way as mir.

Cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
We had problems with the amount of data being processed at login which resulted in cases of missing skills or items not being fully loaded, so far this problem seems to be fixed.

Now we can start making improvements on the server, starting with drops, these are going to be completely re worked, players are just not finding there items they need to move to the next cave, this doesn't just mean changing the drop rate, new items will be put into the drops.

The next thing is new players to wool are finding it hard to understand what to do and where to go so we are going to try and improve this, you can go to the Announcements board and it will give you information on where to go and where each cave location is.

Liq has started on a new client which is going to fix a few problems we have with outs at the moment like titles not showing etc..

If people have any improvements they would like to see then let us know.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Cant summon pets during the rescue princess event thing, puts taos at a huge disadvantge.
No idea how long it is but i only made it half way through 2nd room :(

---------- Post Merged on 20-03-2018 at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-03-2018 at 10:52 PM ----------

Now we can start making improvements on the server, starting with drops, these are going to be completely re worked, players are just not finding there items they need to move to the next cave, this doesn't just mean changing the drop rate, new items will be put into the drops.

I don't know if this is entirely what you meant but i seem to be stuck on having to crawl on only certain floors at 25. Not sure if it's a gear issue or balance issue, as i have no insight into what the 'default' should be like. Tried MechTemple, Snakes, GeneralCaveSouth(been the most efficient of the 3) and they are all the same.
- Couldnt even beat the regen on some mobs in snakes. (WhiteSnake?)

In any case I'm currently wearing all the best gear i can see. SC1-2 rings SC0-2 brace SC 1-3 necklace SC 1-2 Wep (F)Doll with curse for extra damage every mob. Yet I'm struggling to kill anything in less than 10 SFB hits with pet whacking away too, which makes going on half the floors impossible due to the sheer number of mobs. (3 or more mobs and the skelly also just gets destroyed, beyond being healable)

- I don't think i've seen a single item that wasnt in the shop yet either.
- Having to carry horse around in bag kinda sucks too as we need the poison slot to kill stuff~ when you die and drop it :(

Last edited:

aivar79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2012
I remember SFB has always been a problem, to get its damage right. With SC kit also my SFB does less damage to mech mobs than my dc 10 sword lol

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Yeah it seems i'm hitting pretty much the same now at 25 in full sc kit (Avg.15~(?) A bit higher in GCS) as i was in starting gear meleeing mobs.

I have not tried the other classes so I don't have anything to measure it against.

All i know it if i stick my pet on a mob it takes a further 8-10+ sfb to kill it.
This also has quite a significant effect on mana consumption. 20-25 I struggled a lot with bag weight only allowing me to carry 6/7 mana bundles, and they were consumed within mere minutes, a couple of corridors at best. Pretty much due to the sheer number of casts needed per mob.

Edit: Pretty sure my SFB is max level too, or whater it can be at 25.

Last edited:

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
SFB was always crap, taos basically have to wait until 39 for hell for some real damage.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There isn't one mate its just a different animation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Huh? You saying there's no difference between the level 12 skill Spirit Knife and level 19 skill Slaying? And the one in between too? Now I'm even more confused :confused-new:

I tried mining a bit, as i ran out of gold, and found it rather random as to where/when i would even get some ore. How is this working? Is this the best way to make some hunt gold early on?

Edit: Also, i haven't seen anything that resembles a sub/boss yet, how does this work here?

I've not found it too difficult tbh. After the quests I just went for a run and the maps are very reminiscent of Mir... like MechTemple is basicly where ST is in MW

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I've not found it too difficult tbh. After the quests I just went for a run and the maps are very reminiscent of Mir... like MechTemple is basicly where ST is in MW

I wouldn't say it was difficult no. I think the start just threw me off really. Quest after quest of explicit locations/co-ords then nothing.

On top of the maps being full of markers/cave locations etc, i simply assumed it would be on there, so thats where my focus was.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
have i downloaded the wrong client here? The login screen is all chinese and when i click register it links me to a chinese site in chinese writing

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
have i downloaded the wrong client here? The login screen is all chinese and when i click register it links me to a chinese site in chinese writing
Can you please send me a screen shot mate ?

You need to click register from the launcher and not from.in game mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

maxgraz

Banned
Banned
Mar 15, 2016
[QUOTE = liquidice; 1094924]除了地雷之外,每个洞穴或地下城都有可重复的任务。

你不能忘记技能,所以要密切关注游戏中的技能树(如果一件物品允许这样

做,我们正在研究创造)你不能解锁底部的位置或玩偶槽,直到你达到22级。

更多任务会临时到来,但是理智和我自己正在进行其他一些事情。

Cheers Liq

使用Tapatalk从我的SM-G935F发送[/ QUOTE]
怎么可以得到28+ 技能书? 我打好久了 没有看到

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I've had this since i installed the other day too.
From the autopatcher : Error.txt

[20/03/2018 21:01:16] Data\config\maplist_2.0.xml could not be downloaded. (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
I've had this since i installed the other day too.
From the autopatcher : Error.txt
I will get that sorted when i update the new file I'm working on. It's nothing to worry about though.

Thanks for letting us know

maxgraz

Banned
Banned
Mar 15, 2016
[QUOTE = liquidice; 1091916]正确的队友,也许能够独奏机甲或老板的boss ......任何事情之后,你很可能会奋斗:)

我充值2000wolc 没收到 看到信息请回复

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
[QUOTE = liquidice; 1091916]正确的队友,也许能够独奏机甲或老板的boss ......任何事情之后,你很可能会奋斗:)

我充值2000wolc 没收到 看到信息请回复
Hi mate i credited your Ccoubt a while ago.

Please type @wolc in game.

You did give your user ID and not your char name didnt you ?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Tao spell - LionRoar doesn't seem to do anything(?)
Makes the cast action but thats all.

Edit: Nevermind, you have to actually target the mob, and it's single target repulse

---------- Post Merged at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Server died (?)

Also found what i imagine is a pretty big bug with tao & pets.
Crashed before i could test it properly, not sure if its only pets or other players too that are effected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.