Hosting, what do people use?

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
Where do people upload their clients to for others to download most are either pay monthly or they have to less than 5GB and bandwidth isnt great?

thanks

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I/we use our web host, no bandwidth limit, I've never seen my websites offline (people warned me not to use 1&1 hosting but I've have nothing bad to say about them) but I think there's some people who can't for some reason use the auto patcher (I think about 3 people in total)

I personally wouldn't use a free hosting service nor would I host them on my own network (my net speed sucks)

bayside12

LOMCN Member
Feb 5, 2018
thanks peter ive got a slot on the mirsite now thanks to Tai
for setting it up for me. cheers

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I/we use our web host, no bandwidth limit, I've never seen my websites offline (people warned me not to use 1&1 hosting but I've have nothing bad to say about them) but I think there's some people who can't for some reason use the auto patcher (I think about 3 people in total)

I personally wouldn't use a free hosting service nor would I host them on my own network (my net speed sucks)

What package to use?

I'm not all that interested in the Dedi- server part yet, just somewhere to set the auto patcher up.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
What package to use?

I'm not all that interested in the Dedi- server part yet, just somewhere to set the auto patcher up.

Their basic, there's a 50 GB storage limit but that should be more than enough for website, full client, client patch dir and what ever else, I haven't found myself in need of more space and I have two websites and two client patch dirs.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
What package to use?

@Tai is normally happy to host clients - There's a few up there already and the official client patcher uses MirFiles.

Might be worth checking with him before you spend money on a host

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
@Tai is normally happy to host clients - There's a few up there already and the official client patcher uses MirFiles.

Might be worth checking with him before you spend money on a host

Will give him a poke :pirate:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Consider me poked

giphy.gif

But Chalace, I'm always open to mirror too if needs be. Can plop it up on http://legendofmir.uk if you want

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
That could not be any more disturbing :nightmare:

I will happily take you up on that when it's ready.

Just let me know via PM or whatever. Or Google Hangouts (tai's got me on to it now)