Mystery Cave

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
IIRC, it only opened on Sunday evening 7pm GMT - you got in via the NPC in Oma Cave (just left of where bridge is for OKS) and it was basic euro mobs but in reverse in terms of damage i.e. deer = hard to kill, WT, WG, ES easy to kill.

Obviously, Deers dropped best whereas easier mobs didn't drop.

I think it had just the one floor aswell which was a big Square loop which everyone ran around ?

Some of my memory is kinda sketchy so hopefully someone can clarify / correct.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
only benefit really was mystery items and the water. other than that there was no real benefit to the cave , meaning xp wise or decent drops.
was only open for an hour if memory serves. I think you also needed a mystery ticket to enter.

shaungaz123

LOMCN n00bie
May 26, 2010
The other massive bonus was that some of the WT's were real. One of my neighbours at the time got a tele ring from a real WT in mystery cave.

Funny how you remember things!

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Back in the day, it was open from the mines, i think it was the old Serpent Valley mine?

It had

ES
WT
Deer
Hen
Scarecrows

Some of (If not all?) the Deer, Hen and Scarecrow were super's (Basically similar strengths to a real WT), and the WT, ES etc were as weak as normal Deers.

There was the odd real WT/ES that spawned.

EXP was ****.
Drops were ****
Mystery Items gave random stats. Some would curse and you could not take them off until you used a "Mystery water".

It was only ever useful early days of the server - So you may get a MysteryHelm with AC0-4 DC0-2 - Which back then was very good.
This is when BIH was rare as fk and the best helm ingame lol.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Back in the day, it was open from the mines, i think it was the old Serpent Valley mine?

It had

ES
WT
Deer
Hen
Scarecrows

Some of (If not all?) the Deer, Hen and Scarecrow were super's (Basically similar strengths to a real WT), and the WT, ES etc were as weak as normal Deers.

There was the odd real WT/ES that spawned.

EXP was ****.
Drops were ****
Mystery Items gave random stats. Some would curse and you could not take them off until you used a "Mystery water".

It was only ever useful early days of the server - So you may get a MysteryHelm with AC0-4 DC0-2 - Which back then was very good.
This is when BIH was rare as fk and the best helm ingame lol.

Oh the good old days, until they did that Easter event which basically destroyed the market as such

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Oh the good old days, until they did that Easter event which basically destroyed the market as such

Hey bud, I was gutted to have not had a comp while euro was out - begged and begged my parents to get a PC but nope, think I was about 11 at the time haha! What was the easter event about? How did it **** everything up?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Hey bud, I was gutted to have not had a comp while euro was out - begged and begged my parents to get a PC but nope, think I was about 11 at the time haha! What was the easter event about? How did it **** everything up?

EasterHens spawns all over the provinces.
They died just like normal hens. You harvested them and they gave goodies.

These included all the "rare" items such as BIH, DemonicBells etc - These were all pretty rare back then and expensive, but the event flooded them game with them

They also dropped high end stuff, such as ParalysiRings, Clear Ring, Muscle RIngs.

I had 3 para's, sold them for 5-10mil each.
Bare in mind, this was a LOT of gold back then. I was pretty much rich after the event.

But then the SabukWall exploit came round not too long after, flooding the game with 100's if not billions of gold. Raising the price of pretty much everything.

Para's went from 10mil to 200mil within weeks.

I was then skint again :(